over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

frozen protein snacks

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I love to eat frozen cold food, ice cream, etc. For a while I was using almond milk to make sugar. free pudding, freeze it in a Tupperware all day, then pull it out, microwave it to soften it up, then break it up for a cold low calorie snack.

then I decided to buy some muscle milk in bulk and do the same thing, 11 oz muscle milk plus 12 oz almond milk, freeze, pull out and have a snack. top it with yogurt or fruit, fills you up and digests well.

trying to save some $$ so was thinking about doing the same with protein powder. anyone done this? basically a frozen/slushi protein shake? not into drinking shakes but this is more like making a food. don't want to buy online rather find something I can pick up at the vitamin shoppe and try, maybe mix with almond milk like I have been doing. im guessing chocolate would be the least bland? maybe crumble up some rice cakes and freeze In it to give extra bulk?

not looking for anything or recipes that require a blender or prep. time, I hate making food and im always short on time lol

I absolutely love chocolate Muscle Milk Pro, mixed with 1% milk, and add 1.3 cups of frozen strawberries/bananas. Toss in some almonds for some extra fats/flavoring… Blend that up in my nutri-bullet. Sooooooo damn good!!!!! Usually keeps me full for 3-4hrs. Feels like a cheat meal, but it’s really not!

Cage

You can do it with just whey and water. Add your desired amount of whey to a bowl then slowly add in water - you want just enough to stir it into a very thick mixture. It's easy to add too much and will probably take a few tries to get right. When you have it mixed freeze it for however long you want - 15 minutes, all day, whatever. If you do just 15 minutes you should be able to eat it immediately, if you do it for hours you'll need to let it thaw or microwave it.

maybe water freezes faster than almond milk? usually I have to freeze mine for hours for it to be anything other than liquid, you get some freezing a 15 minutes?

can anyone recommend a thick protein (not one that can only be bought online)? I recall when I used to use protein, optimum casein seemed thicker than most regular whey protein.

I blend protein shakes up with ice and it’s like a wendy’s frosty. And I’ve had ice cream made with protein powder in it and it was delicious. So I don’t see why this wouldn’t work and be delicious. Open the freezer and stir it every once in awhile, or even do the ziploc bag ice cream truck and shake it every 20-30 minutes and it should be nice and creamy

Hell some heavy whipping cream, an egg yolk, and a couple scooos of whey blended in a blender for 2-3 minutes and then frozen would probably make a really good high protein healthy fat high calorie protein ice cream

Hell some heavy whipping cream, an egg yolk, and a couple scooos of whey blended in a blender for 2-3 minutes and then frozen would probably make a really good high protein healthy fat high calorie protein ice cream
im lookin for the lowest calorie option possible, huge appetite, so want my frozen snack to be bulky but low calorie.

this is why the whey plus almond milk I like, then the light yogurt on top adds just a few calories but more bulk. maybe some strawberries or peaches to thicken it up in my case? probably lots of ice. any recommendation on a cheap easy to clean blender? time is always an issue for me, looking for something that I can make quickly lol.

im lookin for the lowest calorie option possible, huge appetite, so want my frozen snack to be bulky but low calorie.

this is why the whey plus almond milk I like, then the light yogurt on top adds just a few calories but more bulk. maybe some strawberries or peaches to thicken it up in my case? probably lots of ice. any recommendation on a cheap easy to clean blender? time is always an issue for me, looking for something that I can make quickly lol.
maybe pour some Diet Coke in for more volume? almost like a frozen coke float.

maybe pour some Diet Coke in for more volume? almost like a frozen coke float.

I make protein sludge using diet soda as the liquid. Simply pour a bit and stir until it’s a pudding like
Consistency . Keep in mind, casein and vegan protein blends are the best as they are the thickest

You can do it with just whey and water. Add your desired amount of whey to a bowl then slowly add in water - you want just enough to stir it into a very thick mixture. It's easy to add too much and will probably take a few tries to get right. When you have it mixed freeze it for however long you want - 15 minutes, all day, whatever. If you do just 15 minutes you should be able to eat it immediately, if you do it for hours you'll need to let it thaw or microwave it.
cream of rice is another option. Cook the cream of rice early enough in the day for it to freeze. After you cook, mix the protein powder in and toss it in the freezer. You can do the same with oats

Mane , no ones on my bcaa/eaa slushie recipe. Ice , seltzer water, scoop of favorite eaa, kool aide zero calorie water enhancer . Blend and boom

I always have really good luck with Oster brand blenders. They also make this very expensive barber trimmers so they’re good quality, but you can get them at Walmart or wherever around 30 bucks. I just relaxed mine with a ninja and I used it twice a day every day for the last 6 years.
but some vanilla low-fat Greek yogurt blended with some chocolate or peanut butter protein powder, or hell….I just got some delicious dymatize orange dreamsickle protein. These would all make a good gelato type treat

cream of rice is another option. Cook the cream of rice early enough in the day for it to freeze. After you cook, mix the protein powder in and toss it in the freezer. You can do the same with oats
Yes! Frozen cream of rice with protein powder is pretty good. If you added some almond milk to lighten up the texture it would be more like an ice cream. If I was doing that I would use rice flour instead of cream of rice for a smoother texture

Yes! Frozen cream of rice with protein powder is pretty good. If you added some almond milk to lighten up the texture it would be more like an ice cream. If I was doing that I would use rice flour instead of cream of rice for a smoother texture

Yes sir, nothing beats cream of rice flour! This recipe taste so good and almond milk would be the perfect addition

Scoop of chocolate whey isolate, scoop of chocolate casein, scoop of powdered peanut butter. Mix with water to the consistency of pudding. Tastes like Reese's peanut butter cups. A little cool whip lite makes it taste like dessert.

This isn't frozen but its a cold treat. Make some sugar free chocolate pudding like you normally would but add a scoop of chocolate whey isolate.

One thing I've been wanting to try is mixing the new clear whey isolates with sugar free jello and see how that turns out.

I do this almost every single night:

1 scoop of any protein vanilla or choocolate
1/2 cup almond milk
1 Cup of Fage (2% is best) but 0 works

Mix and freeze for 45 minutes

Additions/Subs: Chia seeds/Lite coconut milk/SF chocolate syrup/berries/PB.

Or just mix chocolate protein, cacoa, collagen, PB and put in fridge.

Not really low on calories but Almond milk, sugar free pudding, protein mixed abs frozen tastes awesome.

How long does it take your mix to freeze? Is it frozen like Italian ice, or more just cold pudding?

Looking to make something more solid.

Maybe 1 scoop whey, 16 oz almond milk, a little light n fit yogurt to thicken it up?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear