over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fructose and muscle glycogen

I do not like fruit if I'm on a diet, I just feel like I'm more hungry for sweets if I have an apple, my favorite fruit. And once I start, I can eat a ton of apples. Of course, it is better to break the diet with fruit than with cakes or white bread.

You can eat any carb solo and it will do this, even sweet potato. You can make fruit part of your carb macros in any diet I would say.

It's funny, I was just saying to my wife yesterday how ahead of his time Chris Aceto was with Championship Bodybuilding (one of his early nutrition books), he saw they anti-carb craze coming and appropriately addressed it (this was on the heels of the anti-fat craze, just as dumb). I guess the anti-protein phase is coming (it kinda is...)

You can eat any carb solo and it will do this, even sweet potato. You can make fruit part of your carb macros in any diet I would say.

It's funny, I was just saying to my wife yesterday how ahead of his time Chris Aceto was with Championship Bodybuilding (one of his early nutrition books), he saw they anti-carb craze coming and appropriately addressed it (this was on the heels of the anti-fat craze, just as dumb). I guess the anti-protein phase is coming (it kinda is...)

Oh yes, I probably have carbophobia, I admit it. :eek:

But seriously, I can eat 12 or 15 apples at a time, and I do not like all that water retention in my abdomen.

Of course, that happens when I am many days without eating fruit and carbs, if I had it daily, I would not have that anxiety.

Idk about anti-fats being dumb. I mean, obviously fats arent unhealthy. But from a physique perspective, I think they are of limited value. At least, excess dietary fats seem to both (1) have less potential benefits than excess carbs, and (2) be more likely to be stored as body fat than excess carbs. In my experience it is easier for me to avoid fat gain on excess calories when they are low in fat.

Eat them fruit they are healthy.

In fact my breakfast is Jam packed with nutrition.

Food choice matter.

2 Whole eggs, 1 cup big oats, 1 banana, 1 cup whole milk.

The keto followers have everyone believing that fruit or and carb is the reason for all health problems in the world and you must keep insulin levels low

Idk about anti-fats being dumb. I mean, obviously fats arent unhealthy. But from a physique perspective, I think they are of limited value. At least, excess dietary fats seem to both (1) have less potential benefits than excess carbs, and (2) be more likely to be stored as body fat than excess carbs. In my experience it is easier for me to avoid fat gain on excess calories when they are low in fat.

The "war on fat" is probably the biggest cardiovascular mistake of the last 30-40 years, it was much worse in the 90s. Fat is by far your primary fuel source at rest and it is what spares your carbohydrates for glycogen storage and blood sugar, which is what spares your protein for repair. Carbs are more likely to be stored as fat than fats due to faster digestion and insulin response, if you overeat by 100 calories, either fat or carbs, the fat is going to digest slower, get used more as energy, because you burn calories over time, and cause less of an insulin response. Also, whenever you lower fat intake, you increase carb and/or protein intake.

Our diet is heavier for the grain and cereals side fundamentally for economic reasons.

The "war on fat" is probably the biggest cardiovascular mistake of the last 30-40 years, it was much worse in the 90s. Fat is by far your primary fuel source at rest and it is what spares your carbohydrates for glycogen storage and blood sugar, which is what spares your protein for repair. Carbs are more likely to be stored as fat than fats due to faster digestion and insulin response, if you overeat by 100 calories, either fat or carbs, the fat is going to digest slower, get used more as energy, because you burn calories over time, and cause less of an insulin response. Also, whenever you lower fat intake, you increase carb and/or protein intake.

Im pretty sure that's not the way it works. There really isn't much your body can do with excess fat, and it stores as bodyfat quite readily. Whereas excess carbs can be used to replenish glycogen, and increasing insulin levels which promotes anabolism and increased energy expenditure. Yet, carbs are not readily stored as body fat since they must first be converted into fatty acids - a process which itself requires energy to occur.

Im pretty sure that's not the way it works. There really isn't much your body can do with excess fat, and it stores as bodyfat quite readily. Whereas excess carbs can be used to replenish glycogen, and increasing insulin levels which promotes anabolism and increased energy expenditure. Yet, carbs are not readily stored as body fat since they must first be converted into fatty acids - a process which itself requires energy to occur.

At rest, over 70% of the calories used as energy by the body come from fat. ALL excess calories will be turned into fat. Once blood glucose and glycogen stores are full, all carbohydrate will be stored as fat, and carbs digest faster than fat.

...increasing insulin levels which promotes anabolism and increased energy expenditure.

insulin doesn't do this.

Dietary fat doesn't equal body fat, excess carbs in the presence of insulin is sure way to add body fat.

The only way dietary fat is more likely to make you fat than carbs is if you don't account for how dense it is.

As long as you are eating plenty of protein and carbs, a decent amount of fat will keep you in a calorie surplus longer between meals, reduce insulin response, slow digestion of other carbohydrates, spare protein, supply EFAs, etc.

Our diet is heavier for the grain and cereals side fundamentally for economic reasons.

Good point, there are a lot of dietary habits (and even laws for that matter) that are a product of post-depression era panic over possible food shortages...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity