over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fruits as a carb source and macros questions

deanabol

Registered
As per another thread I started , if one was to replace complex carbs with fruit, dried fruit and juices would it be as affective ?
As far as I understand as long as your total Calorific intake stayed the same you will still grow regardless of carb/fat/pro ratios ?

So if I replace my complex carbs with fruits and extra protein and fats so that my total calories still remain high I won't loose weight or muscle ?

Do any of you guys do better on a lower carb , higher protein diet ?

My advice is to try diffrent maco percentages until you find one that keeps you lean and allows you to grow. Some guys dont eat many carbs while others will eat 400-500g a day. After many years of trying different diets this is what I know about my body.

I keep carbs around 300g give or take a little and for me I dont notice any difference in the type of carb. White rice brown rice, white bread wheat bread, fruit and juice are all things I eat. I keep my protein intake to at least 250g, I eat lean beef chicken eggs, egg whites, and whey. I dont worry too much about fats when I am trying to grow. I get plenty from the eggs, beef, cheese I eat. I dont add fats when bulking because my diet is not 100% clean. So if I want a cheese burger I will get one. When cutting I get 100% clean and add around 17g fat to every meal via mac nut oil, peanuts, almonds, walnut oil, olive oil.

I eat when I am hungry. some days its 5 meals some days its 7 meals. some days I have a huge cheat meal and only get 4 meals. I have found a good balance that works for me and my goals. I used to be anal about every gram of food I put in my mouth and that is just a shitty way to live in my opinion. I understand it is necassary for certain goals but not your while life.

As per another thread I started , if one was to replace complex carbs with fruit, dried fruit and juices would it be as affective ?
As far as I understand as long as your total Calorific intake stayed the same you will still grow regardless of carb/fat/pro ratios ?

So if I replace my complex carbs with fruits and extra protein and fats so that my total calories still remain high I won't loose weight or muscle ?

I prefer lower carbs and NO grains.But I may be a little biased as I work with pretty sick people and when removing the inflammation caused by grains,I literally watch the guy in the wheelchair walk!;)

Not a fan of juices or dried fruit.Eat fresh fruit for the enzymes and roughage and other benefits such as helping satiety.If you want to eat fruit.

As for your question:if you replace complex carbs with fruit you will be fine.I would increase protein,fats and lots of vegetables.Fruit sparingly and timed for energy expenditure.

I prefer lower carbs and NO grains.But I may be a little biased as I work with pretty sick people and when removing the inflammation caused by grains,I literally watch the guy in the wheelchair walk!;)

Not a fan of juices or dried fruit.Eat fresh fruit for the enzymes and roughage and other benefits such as helping satiety.If you want to eat fruit.

As for your question:if you replace complex carbs with fruit you will be fine.I would increase protein,fats and lots of vegetables.Fruit sparingly and timed for energy expenditure.

Thanks , good post .
I find what you said in the first paragraph interesting can you elaborate a bit more ? Can improvements be seen With reducing the inflammatory foods or is complete Exclusion neccesary ?
It is for health reasons that I'm Looking into the specific carb diet -to let my gut heal ,I have had mAjor gi issues.

I have always been a hard gainer and have brain washed my self into thinking I need a lot of carbs and calories , usually consuming around 3-500 grams carbs .

I remember last time I dieted on low carbs my stomach seemed much better and this is the reason for the post
I'm just worried I will loose weight and not be able to gain but I will try and keep my over all calories in the same range

Fruits as a carb source macros question

I too prefer low carbs. Seems to bloat me. I do better with fruit instead of breads pastas etc. most of the time I just use the carbs in my bars and shakes for my daily allowance. I rarely just eat carbs for the sake of adding carbs. And I still have a higher bf than I'd like.

Fruit does nothing for muscle glycogen, but it supplies glycogen to the liver. I load up on fruit in the off season, but avoid it pre contest.

Thanks , good post .
Can improvements be seen With reducing the inflammatory foods or is complete Exclusion neccesary ?

The more you cut out the better for sure.

I am sure you have read the history of grains and how the egyptians began learning agriculture,storing and consuming larger amounts than previously eaten.well,many health conditions began becoming prevelant and some exacerbated and they grew and spread with this new practice of storing and eating grains.

I like to use the car analogy to patients as they seem to understand it better,lol.The body is amino acid driven and runs great on proteins and fats like your car does on gas.Now for an extra shot of energy here and there like nitrous in the car a small amount of carbs will give you a boost.

I think a once a week cheat meal or carb meal is fine and will reload glycogen and help the leptin problem etc...

Fruit does nothing for muscle glycogen, but it supplies glycogen to the liver. I load up on fruit in the off season, but avoid it pre contest.

So fruit will make you flat ? Or the opposite ?

Yeah I agree it is not optimal for glycogen loading.Actually remember dan duchaines body opus? he would have people start with fruit to fill the liver first then move on to more glucose based for the actual loading.

Different fruits have different ratios of glucose to fructose.

Ok because I was wonderind if i just reduce my complex carbs to say half the amount and see if I see any improvement

Although I wonder if I'd just be defeating the object ?
Saying that when I dieted I saw improvements in symptoms and I was still having some complex carbs .. Just much less

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear