over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fruits as a daily carb source?

ironceltic12

Registered
How many guys here use fruits as a carb source on a daily basis? Do you feel it provides any benefits?

I eat a grapefruit everyday cause i love them. I dont know if it provides any benefit other than satisfying a craving and maybe having some fiber. i wouldnt eat it during a prep though

Aside from the plethora of benefits that you can find on fruits from any google search, I personally like eating fruits because they keep me from craving sweets. It's also fun to play on seasons and fruits, I take my family out to farmers markets on the weekends to grab what fruits are in season and veggies to save money and have some fun.

Have been using fruit as my only carb source for about 8 months.

Banana's and apples mostly, 2 of each a day. Pineapple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries thrown in once in a while.

Just recently added in sweet potatoes, because it's time to grow and I need a little more carb intake.

Last edited:
I use fruits every day. I use one of two pieces with every meal. I have tried using them as my only carb source and while it was OK I think rice and potatoes work well for muscle gain.

Aside from the obvious health benefits I find they digest very easily, meaning I dont get bloated or gas, plus they reduce the amount of starches I have to eat which in turn keeps my digestion and gas down. I think they are a good addition to a diet. Taste good and when Im bulking and sick to death of sweet potato, rice and oats a banana goes down real easy.

Also good to add to meals, raisins in with sweet potato mash, raising and cashews cooked into chicken with certain spices, banana and berries in with oat meal etc. Good quality carbs and help change up the tastes of the foods we eat every day

I love my fruits in the morning and post work out. Craves me sweet tooth as well :)

Fruit makes you fat. Look at all the obese people at the mall food courts gorging themselves on apples and oranges. When I hear them eating squishy grapes I can hear them getting fatter.

Fruit makes you fat. Look at all the obese people at the mall food courts gorging themselves on apples and oranges. When I hear them eating squishy grapes I can hear them getting fatter.

Not sure if srs?

Completely kidding. I love pineapples and grapes but I'm not a big veggies/fruit eater myself.

Eating a large variety of all the macro types is a good idea. I can't see a reason to NOT include fruit as part of a BALANCED meal.

I worked with guys before who only use fruits for their carbs during contest dieting. They still came in shredded.

I go through periods of time where I eat a lb of grapes a day and it not only keeps my energy up and buy puts me in a good mood, not really sure why. This thread reminded me to start doing that again.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm going to keep my blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries postworkout still

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

I eat fruit daily. My meals contain 60-100g of carbs depending on the day. In 2-3 of my meals I will get half of my carbs from fruit, usually pineapple, strawberries, grapes, oranges, or a mix of fruit. I find fruit is often easier to eat than rice, especially on a hot summer day. I really look forward to eating it, fruit is definitely my favorite carb to eat.

I eat fruit daily. My meals contain 60-100g of carbs depending on the day. In 2-3 of my meals I will get half of my carbs from fruit, usually pineapple, strawberries, grapes, oranges, or a mix of fruit. I find fruit is often easier to eat than rice, especially on a hot summer day. I really look forward to eating it, fruit is definitely my favorite carb to eat.

This is something that doesn't get brought up a lot but it absolutely true. When it's hot outside, and/or I'm hot and sweaty, the last thing I want to do is eat a bunch of hot food. Some cool, crisp, refreshing, fresh fruit is perfect for times like that.

I eat fruit everyday. Have for years. better for a snack than all the processed crap out there.

Cold rice and mixed veg from the fridge for me, i love rice. I do squeeze a banana or 2 in a day though. Kinda superstitious about bananas. Never been ill since I've been eating them day in day out. I actually really like fruit but it's expensive and rice keeps me dryer for sure

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I make about 80oz of smoothies per day and drink two 40oz servings.

The make up changes daily but a standard one would look like this:

Apple
Pear
Carrots
Kale
Spinach
Pepper
Cilantro
Banana
Berries
Spirulina
Whey
2 raw eggs or flax oil
Cucumber
Raw meal or other plant based protein powder
Pineapple

I feel awesome after these. I am never tired after eating them and my breath is always fresh despite the sugar in the drink. I am getting leaner and eating a shit ton of nutritious food.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131