over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Frustrated

Hey bro , the only thing I can add is that I have pretty good arms . The way I train them is first workout around 8 to 15 reps using compounds bb curl db hamms close skulls ect , then 3 days later superset them with more cables n machines for 20 reps. Really works well for me. Again ho knows if this is the main factor , just thought I would toss it out there. Always great form n feel the muscle working

hate to say it man, but u prob jus dont have the genetics

i know alot of guys here are raving on about more drugs, more bodyweights, more this, more that

but if ya look at some of the best pros ever, they werent that heavy and looked fukin amazing

e.g shawn ray, lee haney, ronnie coleman 1997, kevin levrone, flex wheeler, rich gaspari, etc

none of these guys weighed 300 pounds (with exception of ronnie in his later years, but ronnie at 230 pounds looked like a freak of nature)

hell this is phil heath weighing less then 220 pounds, u tell me someone u know who looks like this weighing less then 220 pounds?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SOrMx45M1k"]The Unbelievable Phil Heath (From DVD #14073) - YouTube[/ame]

think about it this way, if ya dont look like a pro at 270, do you really think at 300 pounds you will look any better? or will u jus look like a bigger blown out version of what you look like now?

jus saying, size is important, but it isnt what will make you look like a pro, itll jus make u look big

Last edited:
Its hard enough to get to pro size, but if you are lucky and good enough to get there, its an even slimmer chance that you end up looking like a pro.

It takes good genes and a lot of consistency to get to that size, but it takes the right genes from mom and pops to get that cartoon superhero look.
You can tell who has it even before they start lifting (as long as bf is low enough). I see youngsters at my gym that probably weigh around 160, but their muscles pop like they are much bigger. These are the types that look like absolute freaks at a conditioned 185. I have a friend that is about 190 at 5'8'', very lean year round. If I posted a pic of him, I would bet that most would guess his weight at 240-250. He has perfect insertion points, full muscle bellies, just huge popping muscles that look way bigger than they actually are. BB'ing is such an illusion, there is so much more to it than sheer size. These days the top guys are people with perfect muscles as I described, but blown up to the biggest they can be. You can't compete with that unless you were born to, the sad truth.

I learned about two months into training that I would never have that look, so I just keep training trying to fill out my frame as much as I can, even if I'll never have that awesome look the top guys have. You have to play the hand you're dealt, nothing you can do to fight genes.

This statement needs to be read from everyone, expecially those people who thinks gear is the key. WRONG, mom and pops are the key. Just reach ur best and dont fool urself, 99% of us will never look like a pro, but would probably end up dead trying to do so.

Its hard enough to get to pro size, but if you are lucky and good enough to get there, its an even slimmer chance that you end up looking like a pro.

It takes good genes and a lot of consistency to get to that size, but it takes the right genes from mom and pops to get that cartoon superhero look.
You can tell who has it even before they start lifting (as long as bf is low enough). I see youngsters at my gym that probably weigh around 160, but their muscles pop like they are much bigger. These are the types that look like absolute freaks at a conditioned 185. I have a friend that is about 190 at 5'8'', very lean year round. If I posted a pic of him, I would bet that most would guess his weight at 240-250. He has perfect insertion points, full muscle bellies, just huge popping muscles that look way bigger than they actually are. BB'ing is such an illusion, there is so much more to it than sheer size. These days the top guys are people with perfect muscles as I described, but blown up to the biggest they can be. You can't compete with that unless you were born to, the sad truth.

I learned about two months into training that I would never have that look, so I just keep training trying to fill out my frame as much as I can, even if I'll never have that awesome look the top guys have. You have to play the hand you're dealt, nothing you can do to fight genes.

Completely agree here.

What is the point of getting to 300 just to SAY you are 5'10 300lbs...if you look the best at 215, then stay there.

that thing about genes while there is something right it is also way overrated. a lot comes to knowing exactly what to do at the right time,how to do it and defo get it done right and so on and forth. finding the right path for an individual is a life wasting challenge. and I'm very convinced of this, when I started I was even more convinced that is all genetics to start from with,years later I know that is way overrated

Last edited:
Why are you comparing yourself to pro's? Especially the amount of weight they push. It's not the amount of weight, it's how you push it. Maximum stress and constant tension.

When you talk to these pro's, do you also take into consideration that a drug addict would never really admit to the true amount of their use? Why would they? They don't want someone impressionable thinking, I need to do what they do to get their size OR someone thinking the amount of gear they need is disgusting; like 99% of the low-dose-commando's on here.

Also take into consideration you're 6', genetics, response to gear, etc.

I try not to compare myself per say I just emulate certain physiques and try and build toward that I never ask them what drugs they use except when it's about the aggressive 8 week pct shit .. I'm gonna keep on trucking and become the best yat that my genes will let me be not that worried about shows anymore just want to be big and nasty .. The frustrating thing about whatching these guys train is thinking fuck I'm repping that shit out too so I the training is the same then it has to be drugs right

Thatbloke and TNH summed it up perfectly. You simply don't have the genetics... most people don't. Strength does not come into it. I have to add most of the people you look upto are taking far more than 2 grams or so. But adding gear if you don't have the genes won't do shit. It will make you a bigger version of your old self.

Many of the pro's looked insane at say 220 like the Phil Heath video. Some of them may have been on 500mg total and looked that way. They simply have all the factors needed for bb. BB is an illusion if you stood next to them in the day some wouldn't be huge (the lighter guys). But they have the round and full muscles that pop like you say. They have it at 220 or 320 pounds. Sure site injections and seo only add to it but it's already there for most. Look at flex wheeler... a perfect example of this... no amount of drugs or insane strength can give you that if you don't have it.

i also agree with the general idea of this thread, that genetics will ultimately determine what you look like. I think Big A even said somewhere, something like, "Consistency gets you to pro size, but genetics determine what you'll look like" - something along those lines.

Regardless, dont you think that IF training, diet, drugs, supps, etc. COULD actually change the way the muscles appeared, then why don't more people look like Flex wheeler, Cedric, Phil, etc?

However, a ripped 250lbs is going to be impressive no matter what. Maybe not all bubbly and cartoon-like, but impressive none the less.

i also agree with the general idea of this thread, that genetics will ultimately determine what you look like. I think Big A even said somewhere, something like, "Consistency gets you to pro size, but genetics determine what you'll look like" - something along those lines.

Regardless, dont you think that IF training, diet, drugs, supps, etc. COULD actually change the way the muscles appeared, then why don't more people look like Flex wheeler, Cedric, Phil, etc?

However, a ripped 250lbs is going to be impressive no matter what. Maybe not all bubbly and cartoon-like, but impressive none the less.

Ive seen some ugly fuckin ripped 220s, 230 etc

I was blessed with great genes, like alot of us. Enough to become big and freaky. A look most want to achieve.
But then theres the pros...Super freaks.
Its like me trying to train to jump like Air Jordon, it will never happen.

Well my mom and pops are approx 5ft7 and have small frames and I'm 6ft2 and a lot wider before I even started lifting. So I don't believe that if your parents are not naturally big then you won't be.

Well my mom and pops are approx 5ft7 and have small frames and I'm 6ft2 and a lot wider before I even started lifting. So I don't believe that if your parents are not naturally big then you won't be.

That's not what we mean by getting it from your mom and pops. You get all your genes from your mom and pops, it does not mean they have the same exact traits as you, they may pass a gene on to you that was recessive in them but not for you. Bottom line is, every gene you have came from your bloodline, which comes directly from your parents, whether they exhibited certain traits or not. Just because mom and dad had blue eyes and you have brown, it does not mean you got your genes from someone else.

Oh right sorry I misunderstood what you meant.... I best call off the DNA test

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner