over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full body routines

I have had good progress on a 3x/week full body. Gives me plenty of time to recover between sessions. Programming of each session is key.

The general template I follow is 5-6 sets per bodypart per session, varying the rep range and weight according to your goals - I like to stay mostly 8-12.

I have had good progress on a 3x/week full body. Gives me plenty of time to recover between sessions. Programming of each session is key.

The general template I follow is 5-6 sets per bodypart per session, varying the rep range and weight according to your goals - I like to stay mostly 8-12.

I don't know how you can recover. Let alone survive a single wo session. How long are you training 2-3 hours?

There is a time to break every rule, as you get more experience then you will know when to change things up. whatever you want, gain power, strenght, size or leanness, you should follow this general rules. And onther key is diet.

And what is your experience in this industry to warrant all of this advice?

well . . .

I don't know how you can recover. Let alone survive a single wo session. How long are you training 2-3 hours?

It is my experience that it can be done, a total body workout, including warm-ups
in one hour or under. That is the time I allot myself. It is not easy, never will be
easy if properly performed. And if it’s easy, you are not working hard enough.
And your ‘metabolic’ / cardiovascular condition will improve over time so that
is a huge plus. (Think recovery.) Your cardio is built into your workout.

You just need to wrap your brain around it, make everything you do, important.

Of course this is difficult or perhaps impossible (time = one hour or under) in a
crowded gym, but that is strictly a time (your) management problem.

They key in my simple mind is a very brisk / fast pace to your workouts. That is not
to say a fast speed of exercise movement, but the time you take between sets and
keeping your sets minimal and working to utter failure. You should be soaking wet
by the end of your workout. If you are not, you are not working hard enough or
you are resting too much.

By alternating push and pull movements, bi’s and tri’s, extension and flexion and
‘rushing’ between sets, selecting exercises that give you the most bang for your buck,
finishing under an hour is doable and very practical and will give your great results.

Hope this helps.

Once you give it a legitimate chance you will never go back buddy. I have switched to an

Upper body with deads MWF
Lower body Tue & Thurs.
May sound like over training but it's all about how hard you hit the muscles when you train them. Find the sweet spot and you will grow faster than ever before. After hearing Danta's views I have increased my intensity, witch often extends my lactic acid pain into the next time I train the same muscle group. This means nothing. I'm training muscles that are hurting but after they get pumped it's just another pounding round of "KICK MY OWN ASS" lol.

If you would like me to touch on how I'm training so I don't over train I can. But again, this isn't something you think about and then rule out because you seasoned it wont work. You jump on this for a month and I know you will be on point across the board and you wont believe what takes place. It's a forehead smacking moment.

CG

Full body 4-5x a week is one I commonly use

Upper lower 3x a week works just as good, just modulate intensity levels though rep range and exercise selection

I do full body workouts following Leroy Colbert....M/W/F

It works guys....freaking exhausted at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what I do:

Tuesday and Friday Sessions

Primary Leg Movement 3x8-12
Secondary Leg Movement 2-3x12-15

Primary Chest Movement 3x8-12
Secondary Chest Movement 2-3x12-15

Primary Back Movement 3x8-12
Secondary Back Movement 2-3x8-12

Biceps Movement (Tuesday) or Triceps Movement (Friday) 4x8-12; sometimes dropset after last set

*I lean more towards 3 sets on secondary movements while blasting and more towards 2 sets on secondary movements while cruising - depends on how I'm feeling, if I'm cutting or bulking, etc.

Sunday Session

Biceps Movement 4x8-12; dropset after last set
Triceps Movement 4x8-12; dropset after last set

Medial Deltoid Movement 4x8-12
Rear Deltoid Movement 4x8-12

Primary Calf Movement 3x8-12
Secondary Calf Movement 3x8-12

3-5 sets of Abs

Thanks guys. So many great ideas to choose from.

Got this years back from another site and kept it. I just started it this week and have used this in the past! Great workout!

When people think about how to program full body training, sometimes a great way to program it is to do the OPPOSITE of what your first instincts would tell you. Everyone knows I program most of my routines around supersets as they have always produced killer results both for me and my trainees. After all these years I don’t know if I’d be able to stop myself after one exercise anymore lol. And that’s really the point of this thread. To pair exercises that you wouldn’t normally think to include. For example, when most people start off with squats, they are almost always followed by either hamstrings (antagonistic pairings), another quad dominant exercise (pre/post fatigue), or abs. All options can work, but one of my favorite ways to program full body is to pair an upper body exercise with a lower one (opposite of conventional wisdom). Remember, when programming full body training, it comes at the sacrifice of exercises and volume. Instead of picking 2-3 exercises to work different muscles, you need to rely on a compound lift to knock all of them out of the ballpark, sufficiently. That’s the keyword that should stick to the back of your minds when constructing a full body program – Sufficientexercises, sufficient volume, and sufficient load (intensity). For some people that means scaling back on the volume whereas others can quite easily hit 4 full body sessions per week and progress. There is no one size fits all.. Just similar starting points to which each individual branches off in their own direction.
I know I’ve heard many people and quite a few trainers mention that FB is only good for rank beginners. I disagree IF programmed around that keyword sufficient. There’s quite a few different programs out there that work well for a lot of people. We’ve got all the 5×5′s from Starting Strength on up to the Bill Starr models to the Texas Method and beyond. There’s a lot I like about them, but overall it’s not my kind of program because like I mentioned in the beginning, I prefer utilizing supersets in order to fit in the most amount of work (volume) in the least amount of time.

Every full body program at its core is extremely simple. You’ve got a squat, press, and pull. Deceptively simple, yet extremely effective. Overall I think people understand the basics, but get lost in the sauce with the rest (sets x reps at ??? intensity). One program I ran successfully years back was the old school Bill Starr routine that uses the heavy, light, medium days. In that model, I’m only training 100% on the heavy day, then just fitting in the work with a light day (80% of that heavy day top set) and medium day (90%). So we’re looking at reduced work weights which enabled me to essentially squat in the mid 300′s to low 400′s every other day for months on end. But what about supersets?

Here’s yet another way to go about this that IMO is a great way of doing things. The key is variety meaning each day has different exercises. That way you don’t necessarily have to hold back each day. If going with this style of template, you could push yourselves for 3-4 weeks at a time quite easily before potentially needing a deload week. As my trainees know, I like to construct 2 way splits predominantly upper/lower. With full body, I look at it through the same pair of glasses – While every day is full body, I’ll prioritize/shift the emphasis through exercise selection on half the body each day (even though it works the entire body). Now my full body template gets split into a 2 day FB:

Workout A – Full Body – Quads / back width / horizontal press

Workout B – Full Body – Hamstrings / back thickness /vertical press

How is this full body? Simply put, I’m looking solely at compound exercises instead of body parts. In doing so, the entire body gets sufficient work without flying off the handle adding in front, side, and rear delt raises LOL. For example, my quads exercises would include front squats / full squats whereas the hamstrings would have platform and snatch grip deadlifts. Both groups takes care of your lower requirements by week’s end. As with most programs, you can take this concept and run in any number of directions. You could do an undulating program where each day sees a different set x rep scheme (example day 1 would be 4 x 5, day 2 is 2 x 15, ect) or you could go linear like HST and just keep everything static for two week microcycles before cycling down (two weeks 2 x 15, next two week 2 x 10, next 3 x 5, and so on). I like to keep things simple and just rotate between three different workouts all with the same overall programming. The first superset is low rep and heavy w/ longer rest periods and the second supersets are slightly higher in reps with a bit more volume and lowered rest.

Day One:

a1) Front Squat – 3 x 4-6 (4-0-1) (or squat variation)
a2) Dead-hang Pull-ups – 3 x 4-6 (4-0-1) (or vertical pull variant)

* The rest periods would depend on your level of conditioning. You could either choose to rest after each exercise (example – front squat, rest 90, pull-ups, rest 120) (or) just move from front squats immediately to pull-ups, rest 2-3 minutes and repeat.

b1) Neutral Grip DB Press – 4 x 6-10 (3-0-1)
b2) Elevated Reverse Lunges – 4 x 6-10 (3-0-1)

* This superset would require less rest so you’d be looking at something like either DB press, rest 30-60 seconds, reverse lunges, rest 60-90 (or) my preference doing the press immediately followed by the lunges, rest 60-90 seconds, and repeat.

Day Two:

a1) Deadlifts – 3 x 4-6 (4-0-1) (or goodmorning variation)
a2) Weighted Dips – 3 x 4-6 (4-0-1) (or press variation)

* The rest periods would depend on your level of conditioning. With the way most gym’s are set up I would just do exercise A, walk over to the dip station taking roughly 60 seconds to set up, exercise B, ect.

b1) High Incline DB Press – 4 x 6-10 (3-0-1)
b2) Bulgarian Split Squat – 4 x 6-10 (3-0-1)

* This superset would require less rest so you’d be looking at something like either shoulder press, rest 30-60 seconds, unilateral exercise, rest 60-90 (or) my preference doing the press immediately followed by the uni, rest 60-90 seconds, and repeat.

I bought the fortitude e-book after this came up. Was on the fence about it for a while. It takes some reading and then reading it again to grasp. After u get it figured out u can see he put a lot of thought into the program. So far it's hard but I'm loving the change. Can't wait to see how well the gains come. And yes it can be done in about a hrs.

Interested in the two full body workouts per week with an additional upper and lower day for a total of 4 days per week.

Interested in the two full body workouts per week with an additional upper and lower day for a total of 4 days per week.

I think you can use Fortitude to do this:

Day 1 - Hypertrophy -- Full body
Day 2 - "Pump" sets -- Full body
Day 3 - Muscle Rounds -- Lower
Day 4 - Muscle Rounds -- Upper

You can... But that one hypertrophy full body workout would definitely screw with your recovery for the rest of the week. Those load sets are super taxing on the CNS, but everyone's recovery abilities are different. Can't knock it until one tries it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There are basic and turbo. Only difference is turbo dose upper and lower 4 day and basic is 2

1 load day legs and pump for upper

2 load upper and pump for lower

3 muscle rounds, lower and upper or basic lower . ( cluster 6 total 4 reps with 10 seconds pause so goal of 24)

4 same but upper lower or just upper.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear