over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full body training every day: opinions?

jeroendebleser

Registered
Sounds extreme but interesting nonetheless. Got the idea from Phil Hernon (whose routine has apparently changed to this):

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBkG6DQozE0&t=5s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBkG6DQozE0&t=5s[/ame]

1 set per body part except for back and Phil does 15-30 reps per set, no idea why it's that high.

Looks like Phil bought a 5 gallon bucket of MT2......

Done it!!! Works great, got stronger each week!

Phil is a very very smart man, I am blessed to have learn so much from him!

Done it!!! Works great, got stronger each week!

Phil is a very very smart man, I am blessed to have learn so much from him!

Did you do the exact routine he talks about in the video or made some adjustments? Also the 15-30 reps?

When. I first started the gym years ago I did a full body workout 5 days. A week I stayed lean and ripped but never put on much weight those were my Natty days

Interesting

Watch this

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijU1IjVSLY"]30 Minute Full-Body Workout | Chris Thompson - YouTube[/ame]

I mean, you COULD do this. I dont think youll progress on ANYTHING hypertrophy wise. Strength wise? Maybe, if you rotate each exercise a shit ton.

If I was going to do a full body workout, I'd talk to someone like Dr. Scott...not Phil. Phil lost it a looong time ago. Go do Fortitude and save yourself the experiment.

When. I first started the gym years ago I did a full body workout 5 days. A week I stayed lean and ripped but never put on much weight those were my Natty days

same here. i was adding 5-10 pounds to every exercise each time. well, i did every other day, not every day tho. was supposed to start with 15 reps, and add weight and do 1 rep less til i reached 5 reps.
thing was, i added 35-60 pounds to each move before i failed at 14. just kept gettting stronger but did not gain a thing size-wise. maybe if id'a ate more.

Did you do the exact routine he talks about in the video or made some adjustments? Also the 15-30 reps?
Phil actually done my training himself, I did the exact routine unless Phil adjusted something.

JP has a

Push+quads
Pull+hams
Offf
Push+quads
Off
Pull+hams

If you think about it hams, quads, shoulders, are getting tagged 2x directly and 2x indirectly each week.

But yes fortitude is legit. Scott is Probably the smartest meathead programmer Alive.

Really enjoying one full body session and an upper/lower session each week. Three days total. Before was doing 4 days. Two full body plus upper/lower.

I train like this for about 3 months twice a year, specifically because it has come up on this board before and b boy spoke highly of it. additionally, I've used phil's previous programs with positive results. I'm not at the point that I'm chasing weight gain anymore, either via excessive drugs or caloric surpluses,so I can't speak to that aspect. i couple it with intermittent fasting and no more than 300 mg testosterone and I preserve my muscle while gaining strength and losing body fat well enough.

it could work but as said volume has to go down. its not exact science but i have noticed if you do 12 sets per muscle per week, you could do 6 sets 2 x week and get better results. so same sets a week but you increase frequency and decrease volume per training

I mean, you COULD do this. I dont think youll progress on ANYTHING hypertrophy wise. Strength wise? Maybe, if you rotate each exercise a shit ton.

If I was going to do a full body workout, I'd talk to someone like Dr. Scott...not Phil. Phil lost it a looong time ago. Go do Fortitude and save yourself the experiment.

Ouch :D

So high frequency taken a step too far in your opinion?

it could work but as said volume has to go down. its not exact science but i have noticed if you do 12 sets per muscle per week, you could do 6 sets 2 x week and get better results. so same sets a week but you increase frequency and decrease volume per training

Should be low enough at 1 set per workout. That's only 7 sets a week (14 for back) if done daily. I'm surely gonna try this for a few weeks and give it a fair go. As long as I don't lose muscle/strength (which would be a feat on my Tren dosage rofl), I have nothing to lose.

All methods can work. Fact is if you train hard and allow recovery you should gain. Many overcomplicate training to an extent but we all want to get the best results we can. It's about finding what works for you.

Generally speaking I find something in the middle tends to work best for most people. But try it and see for yourself. I believe high frequency training is optimal for most people but the routine you post is very high on the spectrum. Again somewhere in the middle is usually best for most. By the middle I am talking training certain body parts 2-3 times weekly. Obviously the more frequent you train x bodypart the less volume per day that may need to be utilized.

Everyones training should be personalized as well. Just because x person trains hams 5 times per week it doesn't mean you need to. You may benefit from training calves 5 times per week but for chest you are best sticking to twice as anymore is too much. Only you will know this through experimenting on yourself and seeing how you respond to different frequency/volume/techniques etc.

Should be low enough at 1 set per workout. That's only 7 sets a week (14 for back) if done daily. I'm surely gonna try this for a few weeks and give it a fair go. As long as I don't lose muscle/strength (which would be a feat on my Tren dosage rofl), I have nothing to lose.

Minimum one day rest per week, or three days training one day rest. Play with the rest days.

And: Change the weights, never use the same weight in a row, so day 1 8-10 reps, day2 10- 12 reps, day 3 12-15 reps day 4 15 -20 reps, then start again 8-10 reps ...

Last edited:
I recently switched to a upper/lower split 6 days weekly. I rotated exercises and did 2 warm-ups with one hard set of 12. I've had great results and don't hurt all the time. I'm in my 40's.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear