over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full Body Workouts

Bobby_Dole

Banned
Just seeing how many people do them and what type of results you see?

I'm working with a new trainer and he switched my routine to this 4-5 days a week and full body workouts. 1 set for each body part 15-20 reps and by the 20th rep I'm at failure.

Just seeing what others thought and experience...I'm so used to training splits.

Workouts take about 35 minutes then I do 20 minutes of light cardio. Definitely sweat a ton and good pumps but just started and trying to get other testimonials.

Just started with last week with a full body workout.

I love to train my entire upper body in one go, but cant muster the energy to do legs at same time.

I love the way that my whole body grows together when doing so. Many people like to be in the gym for whatever reason, maybe the social aspect, or they feel like they are really dedicated, many of the people who train everyday look haggard, tired, and worn out in their faces.

If I can get everything done in 2 days per week, more time for rest, beauty sleep, meals and relaxation. I don't particularly like any of the people at my gym so much that I want to see them everyday. I used to really think I was hardcore training 5-6 days per week in my younger days, I look better now on far lower doses, with fewer days in the gym per week, I also have a much better social life. And sometimes forget about bodybuilding because Im having so much fun doing other things with my spare time.

I always laugh when I hear of someone going to the gym to train only Biceps or only delts, they have too much time on their hands.

I think training more than M-W-F is counter productive and raises cortisol too much.

Im sure if I was a personal trainer I would like having clients that want to give me money 5 days per week. How many of these people that get personal trainers and start training 5 days a week burn out after a month and never train again? Likewise many kids try doing a routine from Flex magazine and they burnout with it.

If more people were introduced to training with 1-2 full body workouts per week, more would see results, less would burn out.

I think the Industry likes to sell a lifestyle to people to make $$$$$. The idea is to be in the gym everyday consuming fitness related, supplement related products and personal training, etc. everyday while you believe you are now part of some "lifestyle". Great marketing ploy by gym/fitness/supplement industry.

I like to break away from the normal routine once in awhile and do full blasts for a few weeks. My 'go to' exercise is power cleans. You'd be surprised how many muscles that movement works.

My focus has been recomp for the last six months..what ive been doing is one day all upper body and the next lower body, third day rest and repeat. Each cycle with upper body I will alway start off with chest, back or shouders and then work smaller body parts. With legs I always start off with squats but I vary my stance (wide or neutral). Its been working well. I never feel drained and feel as if im making more progress with higher frequency. Im staying the same weigh and getting leaner using this training split with carb cycling.

For people that get bored easily wiith the regular bbing split, these workouts are great. You get one hell of a pump too.

I'm thinking if your doing this every day it could eventually lead to over training.

Not if you are doing 1 set per bp

I actually like full body workouts and use them when I am in full out fat loss mode. I've always been really interested in the structure of frequency/intensity as well.
I found that I could workout FB doing 3 sets per bp 3 times a week absolutely fine with no recovery issues. I also know Lyle McDonald really pushes FB workouts for fat loss purposes, that's where my rationale for full fat loss mode came from.

Now I don't do this year round, my best gains come from doing a split like this for 3 months or so then going into 1 bp a day, 5-6 days a week high volume....mountaintop style basically

Last edited:
I have never tried them but I'm going to give them a try soon.

Never really liked full-body workouts cause once you did a heavy compound, you were usually too gassed to maintain full intensity (heavy deads, squats). I could of changed up the exercise selection, but sacrificing key movements for the sake of a full-body workout didn't seem smart.

I do however like doing full-body split into two workouts.

Chest, back, shoulders
Arms, legs
rest
repeat

Phil hernon type training is great for progression imo.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm actually working with Phil, things are going good. Definitely a change of pace and he is very quick to respond to any questions I have. Looking forward to working with him for the next year+.

I just did a show last month so things are slowly coming back for strength and gaining some weight slowly.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear