over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full Body Workouts

interesting... imo they could work but you have to be smart about it.doing each muscle three days a week wouldnt work if your doing exsaustive workouts it takes time for your body to recover if you blast it a day later.. you could easily get smaller. if you train only once a week you can hit that muscle very hard let it rest then train it again the following week. Volume is reduced like crazy but when you train each 3 times imo you cant hit the muscle from every angle and work your weakpoints nearly as well if you only trained it once a week. Drugs can come into play as well effecting your recovery...just my 2 cents but trial and error is the key to finding what works best for you if you are getting results doing something dont stop!! I gained over 60 pounds in two years doing each muscle once a week and hitting them hard I am ninteen years old. I rep three plates in bench and can squat almost 500 natty... genes attribute to sucess but trial and error doesnt hurt if you get weaker or smaller that is a great sign to back off what your doing. Give it a try if you guys have succes with any of these approaches post!!They could work but you have to be willing to failagain trial and error is key to sucess in bodybuilding cuz everyone is different

I just don't feel right if I don't leave with my whole body aching a little. It's a mental thing and honestly I don't even think a pro on here would suggest I do otherwise until those compound lifts are at least 1.5 times my bodyweight. Getting closer.

I just don't feel right if I don't leave with my whole body aching a little. It's a mental thing and honestly I don't even think a pro on here would suggest I do otherwise until those compound lifts are at least 1.5 times my bodyweight. Getting closer.

I don't know if you copy and pasted me or what but that first line is something I say so much, I might as well get a shirt made. There is something that happens metabolically when you work the entire body. I leave feeling like I've done much more work than if I came in and just did chest or shoulders.

I'll probably never go to a split either, even when I do reach 1.5, which I am pretty close to on most lifts minus squats and deadlifts(bad back, but I can still do them, just not as heavy as I'd like).

I like a leg exercise and then a push and a pull. I usually rest-pause and stretch like a mofo. 4 times a week of this and I really get in a lot of lifting. I personally feel that lifting is like suntanning. Get just enough sun to turn a little pink and then get out of there, heal, and then come back in again and get a little more pink. With a more classic split, I was just plain burning, and then I'd peel (plus, while I'd be super sore in one group of muscles, my legs would feel fine and i wouldn't feel like I "worked"). People think this is like the American dream - bust your ass and don't stop even when it hurts and you will be an awesome champion because if you can grow on 2 sets, then you'll grow twice as much on 4 sets. In my experience, with my body type, I get far more out of brief, intense exposure, with as much frequency as possible. I still end up doing those five sets, I just don't try to jam them into one day. I already successfully sent the "grow" signal, and any more after that is just draining me and inflaming me.

But my experience stops there. I am not a 275 pound bodybuilder pushing to get his card and working on imbalances in muscle groups and such. I have no experience in that regard and that's why I usually keep my training to myself. I don't know how effective it would be in the context of a pure bodybuilder's perspective. So I just keep it between me and my scraped shins.

When I first started hitting the weights used this type of training worked great.through the years went to 2 body parts a day then 1.My routine is definately stale.Great read man I'm in.As soon as I get back to the gym I know what im doing.the only thing is how many days rest to days worked?

I don't know if you copy and pasted me or what but that first line is something I say so much, I might as well get a shirt made. There is something that happens metabolically when you work the entire body. I leave feeling like I've done much more work than if I came in and just did chest or shoulders.

I'll probably never go to a split either, even when I do reach 1.5, which I am pretty close to on most lifts minus squats and deadlifts(bad back, but I can still do them, just not as heavy as I'd like).

I like a leg exercise and then a push and a pull. I usually rest-pause and stretch like a mofo. 4 times a week of this and I really get in a lot of lifting. I personally feel that lifting is like suntanning. Get just enough sun to turn a little pink and then get out of there, heal, and then come back in again and get a little more pink. With a more classic split, I was just plain burning, and then I'd peel (plus, while I'd be super sore in one group of muscles, my legs would feel fine and i wouldn't feel like I "worked"). People think this is like the American dream - bust your ass and don't stop even when it hurts and you will be an awesome champion because if you can grow on 2 sets, then you'll grow twice as much on 4 sets. In my experience, with my body type, I get far more out of brief, intense exposure, with as much frequency as possible. I still end up doing those five sets, I just don't try to jam them into one day. I already successfully sent the "grow" signal, and any more after that is just draining me and inflaming me.

But my experience stops there. I am not a 275 pound bodybuilder pushing to get his card and working on imbalances in muscle groups and such. I have no experience in that regard and that's why I usually keep my training to myself. I don't know how effective it would be in the context of a pure bodybuilder's perspective. So I just keep it between me and my scraped shins.

Disco, really enjoy reading your posts man!

And I've got to say I agree, I've been doing the three day split and try and go hard on the exercises rather than just hitting chest as well. I feel fuller more and it's my whole body thats does it, not just a single muscle that I've got to give it 7 days to recover.

All I can add is that I've taken the single group exercises and split them in thirds, depending on what I want to focus on is chest first I go heavier, then do a pull higher reps, second day I will go heavier on the pulls and higher reps on the push, this keeps changing weekly as it repeats every third day, and I always do different exercises everyday...

Ive been posting them in my log.

Thanks OP for a great post as well, I enjoy the splits

Last edited:
When I first started hitting the weights used this type of training worked great.through the years went to 2 body parts a day then 1.My routine is definately stale.Great read man I'm in.As soon as I get back to the gym I know what im doing.the only thing is how many days rest to days worked?

The key with the split is you have to keep your RHR elevated, at a safe rate for you, eat as good as possible, otherwise you may need to do additional cardio, which I don't c as a bad thing, I rest on winds and refeed on Sundays :headbang:

Great article. Being older I'm interested in functional strength vs size as well as flexibility. Whole body and bodyweight workouts are fantastic.

I remember Lance dreher being big on 3x weekly whole body w/os
for beginners to intermediates . Of course we blew off what he was telling us
because we knew it all at 21 yrs old. So instead i over trained like a
goof ball for a couple of years. 3x weeklies are also really good coming off a long layoff. T

I've been doing full body circuit workouts for about 2 weeks now I. the am rather that doing cardio
all sets to failure in the 18-20 rep range , move from one to the next a fast as possible
wide grip Lat pull downs
incline DB presses
leg presses (feet high and wide)
dumbbell curls
tricep rope push downs
abs
seated cable rows
deline DB presses
single leg extensions
barbell curls
single arm tricep push down (reverse grip)
abs
close grip Lat pull downs
cable flys
laying single leg curls
DB hammer curls
reverse grip presses
abs
walk strait to get a sip of water then 10 min on step mill at 90 steps a min

whole thing take about 30-40 min and heart rate stY up the whole time , doing resistance is known to burn more calories both during and hrs after si I figure it's gotta work better than walking on the human hamster wheel for an hr

That’s very huge description about workout and it will help many people because you got everything thing there like heavy workout routine, light workout routine, medium workout routine and much more.

Thanks for the quality info I find this interesting. I think I might incorporate this in my training. Thanks again for the post

Sorry for got to add this in my previous post. The best part about this type of training is the heart rate. Some of us forget to keep our heart rate up through the duration of our work out. You will see better results when less rest is taken. Thanks again.

Getting ready to change up my routine. I think I will give this a shot.

Full body workouts are so beneficial, You will be able to build a well balanced body by hitting all muscle groups in one workout, which is more natural and more closely mimics real life.  Many physiologists think of the body as one muscle because all muscles are connected to each other, so splitting up the body each workout may not make functional sense.

I have been doing a full body workout since I started working out again.Eod sometimes e3d.I'm in and out of the gym in 25 to 30 minutes.I get stronger every workout,so it must be doing something.If someone tried to get me to do the workout I'm doing now when I was younger,I would have laughed at them and told them to go away.

I have been doing a full body workout since I started working out again.Eod sometimes e3d.I'm in and out of the gym in 25 to 30 minutes.I get stronger every workout,so it must be doing something.If someone tried to get me to do the workout I'm doing now when I was younger,I would have laughed at them and told them to go away.

I'm with you there. There is no point staying in a gym beyond 45 minutes because after the 45 you just turned on your starvation/fat storage switch.

I'm with you there. There is no point staying in a gym beyond 45 minutes because after the 45 you just turned on your starvation/fat storage switch.

I use to workout 1.5 to 2 hours 3-4 times a week for over 10 years.I think I got burned out and quit.Took me 15 years to get back in the gym.The short workouts keep me coming back for more.Hell,who doesn't have a half hour to help themselves feel and look better.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws