over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Funny sight at the gym tonight

An arched back is fine as long as your ass is on the bench. I arch my back when I bench as do a ton of powerlifters. But the key is keeping your ass on the bench. In competition, if your ass leaves the bench, the lift is no good. In the gym, do whatever the fuck you want I guess.

:yeahthat:

Like I said earlier, these guys were not just "arching" their backs, which is normal. No, these guys had their asses nearly a foot off the bench. By all the comments, seems like that's okay these days?

:yeahthat:

Like I said earlier, these guys were not just "arching" their backs, which is normal. No, these guys had their asses nearly a foot off the bench. By all the comments, seems like that's okay these days?

After reading through the responses in here, I just think some of these guys have no clue what the fuck they are talking about. They seem to be grouping "back archers" and "ass lifters" into the same category.

I had a couple good laughs at the gym tonight. There's these 2 guys that come in together quite a bit and I think they're trying to be powerlifters or something. Always bring a lot of gear with them in duffle bags draggin them around. Anyways, they were benching tonite and while I was resting between sets I glanced over and saw the one guy pushing up about 280lbs for 4 reps or so, except his ass was about a foot off the bench...lol! So, I decided to say something to him about it and he just laughed a little bit and said "yeah". I told him "Well, its not a competition, so you're all good!." Then his buddy started a set and did the same fucking thing! I thought about helping them out and showing them how to properly bench, but was crunched for time. Probably wouldnt have done any good anyways.... Too funny :D

You can't give advice about anything in public at a gym if your built or look like you know what YOUR doing. People already assume your arrogant to begin with If they have not spoken with you for one, and secondly your now correcting them so this just confirms their thoughts. I just mind my own biz .. if they don't care about doing things properly .. why the fuck would I care :headbang:

You can't give advice about anything in public at a gym if your built or look like you know what YOUR doing. People already assume your arrogant to begin with If they have not spoken with you for one, and secondly your now correcting them so this just confirms their thoughts. I just mind my own biz .. if they don't care about doing things properly .. why the fuck would I care :headbang:

True. I didn't really give them any advice, but just made them aware of what I saw. Its kind of sad about the point you made. I do have a fair amount of knowledge about weight training and enjoy sharing it with those who ask, but you're right. Some people take it the wrong way unless they ask for advice. A persons ego can get in the way of learning sometimes.

I had a guy who i would say was in his mid twenties ask me what I do for my calves....I wasn't being arrogant or anything I just told him the truth which is nothing its called genetics calves you either have them or don't...you can shape what you have but if you have high insertion or low insertion that's it...I have a high insertion but a large calf muscle. ..me personally would like a lower. Insertion but anyway back to the jist of it...he kind of got annoyed that I said that and just walked away...what did the kd want me to say....I got these by low weight high reps...high wait low reps...I told him the truth....I guess that doesn't count anymore...the truth.

First I like the fact that everyone is now a bench guru from the OP was just posting what he thought was funny. Each bodybuilder and powerlifter will preform a exercise they way they fill fit I have learned if you want to give advice do so with an angle of helping vs pointing out whats wrong such as "hey nice lift you may want to try this...." Also personally there are to many personal trainers out there that have no such training. I was a top 100 ranked deadlifter and someone came up to me and stated hey you need to watch your form and start lower at beg of lift. I kindly said "ok, Thank you" and went about by business. some people just want to hear themselve talk or trying to impress some chick by giving advice on a proper thigh machine form lol

50% of the guys I see benchpressing, go down %50 of the way.

First I like the fact that everyone is now a bench guru from the OP was just posting what he thought was funny. Each bodybuilder and powerlifter will preform a exercise they way they fill fit I have learned if you want to give advice do so with an angle of helping vs pointing out whats wrong such as "hey nice lift you may want to try this...." Also personally there are to many personal trainers out there that have no such training. I was a top 100 ranked deadlifter and someone came up to me and stated hey you need to watch your form and start lower at beg of lift. I kindly said "ok, Thank you" and went about by business. some people just want to hear themselve talk or trying to impress some chick by giving advice on a proper thigh machine form lol

Very good point. I'm going to keep that in mind the next time I see something that looks incorrect. Either Ill keep it to myself or as you suggested give them a compliment and offer another method to perform the lift. Thank you for sharing your prospective.

I guess you guys are not familiar with powerlifting. I forget the guy's name but he's a famous powerlifting guru and he teaches to bench with your back arched and your ass slightly off the bench and to really dig your feet into the ground that way you get more leverage. Just because it looks funny or stupid doesn't always mean it's the wrong way to do something. Food for thought.

You are somewhat correct but they have really tightened up on that you tube powerlifters mentality its kind of funny point is shows all powerlifters squat, deadlift, bench that got Katz doing crazy weights one dude repping 545 like its the bar they all have pretty good form man but I remember back 20yrs it was acceptable bit not now

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Once you accept this notion, life gets a whole lot easier. People who don't educate themselves about doing it right, deserve to hurt themselves doing it wrong.

Once you accept this notion, life gets a whole lot easier. People who don't educate themselves about doing it right, deserve to hurt themselves doing it wrong.

I understand your point but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they deserve it, after all they are only hurting themselves. In time they'll learn;)
I have seen worse, this guy at my gym uses his chest as a trampoline when he benches, every rep he bounces bar off his chest.:banghead:

Fuck bench press... dumbbells are where it's at

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity