over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gag the guy that plays Reacher

Lol, well you know all about Hollywood body doubling. For example think of pulp fiction when they flash a ripped six pack as boxer Bruce Willis gets dressed... It just is a cutaway shot of someone else. Same with any Vin Diesel movie where they show his body from the back. The real Diesel has shit posture and no rear delts, but then suddenly from the back he looks jacked, all a double.

Cruise is a control freak though. I think in some of his films like the mission impossible with the wire and laser stuff they re-shot arm closeups where he was obviously pumping up right before the shot.
Good to see someone call Vin not so diesel out. Dad bod would be a generous description of him. Great actor but I'd question if he lifts.

can u imagine the dicipline that took!? then i think it was ONE year later played batman and weighed a muscular 190!?
I always thought he did it in less time, at least according to him:

"I stuffed myself after The Machinist. My first screen test for Batman Begins was a month and a half away after finishing The Machinist, so I had to get my weight back up. Then I had about five months to reach what you see in Batman Begins. At the start I was eating often and I was eating foods very high in calories because I lost 60lb."

ISU2H5N4KRBPHF3LQXIFLOKDU4.jpg

I always thought he did it in less time, at least according to him:

"I stuffed myself after The Machinist. My first screen test for Batman Begins was a month and a half away after finishing The Machinist, so I had to get my weight back up. Then I had about five months to reach what you see in Batman Begins. At the start I was eating often and I was eating foods very high in calories because I lost 60lb."

ISU2H5N4KRBPHF3LQXIFLOKDU4.jpg
I’ll bet a little testosterone didn’t hurt 😉 Not unusual in Tinseltown.

You have very keen observation skills, better than mine.

Did some work with stunts, knowing how it's done often ruins movies for me.

Fun fact... Wesley Snipes, Will Smith and Denzel Washington all used the same stuntman for their most iconic action films. You would think more people would know who Clay Fontenot is, but he moves enough like the actors that you don't realize it.

Another good one is they used a former track star (I think a hurdler?) as Eddie Murphy's double in the Beverly Hills cop movies. The athleticism was actually a huge part of Axel's character.

When you film with the principle actors you often have them do the whole fight sequence, but the doubles also do the same sequence (much better) with the B role unit it whatever they call it nowadays. Whenever the actor's stuff looks like crap they put in a stuntman shot from the B role footage. Sometimes this can just be a few moves, sometimes it is most of the fight or whatever.

Did some work with stunts, knowing how it's done often ruins movies for me.

Fun fact... Wesley Snipes, Will Smith and Denzel Washington all used the same stuntman for their most iconic action films. You would think more people would know who Clay Fontenot is, but he moves enough like the actors that you don't realize it.

Another good one is they used a former track star (I think a hurdler?) as Eddie Murphy's double in the Beverly Hills cop movies. The athleticism was actually a huge part of Axel's character.

When you film with the principle actors you often have them do the whole fight sequence, but the doubles also do the same sequence (much better) with the B role unit it whatever they call it nowadays. Whenever the actor's stuff looks like crap they put in a stuntman shot from the B role footage. Sometimes this can just be a few moves, sometimes it is most of the fight or whatever.

All good info, thanks for that.

Sadly, I have never worked on any action movies, mostly narratives.
Sometimes we would bring in a stunt coordinator to show somebody
how to land, fall or take a punch, set-up a crash pad and body armor
but that is the extent of my knowledge.

And yes, knowing what goes on behind the 'curtain' kind of spoils it
for me too but not to the extent that I can't enjoy a good film. But
also in some ways it can make you appreciate a film more too,
knowing what it takes to pull something off, to get that iconic shot.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131