over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gaining new muscle tissues after 35 ??

shaker89

Registered
Newbies
hi there ...i have a question

i'm 35 years old and right now i'm maintaining my body weight and fat percentage at a certain level using some trt on and off and been doing that for years ,
but i'm wishing to compete in a local show next year and would love to gain around 10 to 15 lb more of lean muscle tissues.

is it doable for an old dude like me to gain new size or shouldn't i even bother to try as i don't have the muscle memory for that new muscles ?

right now i'm 5.7 ft, 189 lbs and around 11% body fat

I maid some of my best gains at 35. You can dig up some intensity that a young mind / body can't handle. And you should be more mature to dedicate yourself to a diet.

It's very doable. I'm 35 and have had the best progress of my life right now and in the last 2-3 years.

The fact that you say you're 'using some TRT on and off' shows a lack of consistency that likely applies to your diet, training, and recovery as well and that's going to be your biggest challenge in gaining.

I was still gaining muscle naturally in my 30's. And when i started using gear in my 40"s it continued.

This is my 3yrs difference, as a 5'8" woman. At the time, I was over 45. Youre in your prime. Eat right, train your ass off, and supplement correctly
View attachment 162769
That's crazy - huge difference
Was your spouse eating your food !! I'm only joking

Absolutely you can add muscle at 35.
Choose a good program and diet , increase the gear as needed to break plateaus.

Personally I'd suggest investing in a good coach to guide you

Affirmative. Peace of cake. Did it myself starting at 50. Add a bit of test
(real TRT doses, labs in range) on hold on . . .

Naturally at 50, for me, the stars would have to align. Naturally at 35,
very doable.

It can be done for sure. I have a few clients in there 50's that are crushing the young guys with only TRT doses. Not advisable to train to blow your joints out but moderate heavy and focus on contracting each muscle to the max with rest and nutrition minus injuries and Boom!

i'm 35 years old and right now i'm maintaining my body weight and fat percentage at a certain level using some trt on and off and been doing that for years ,
but i'm wishing to compete in a local show next year and would love to gain around 10 to 15 lb more of lean muscle tissues.

is it doable for an old dude like me to gain new size or shouldn't i even bother to try as i don't have the muscle memory for that new muscles ?

At your stats... no problem at all. You still have plenty of time. There is a lot you can do in a few years if you make sure you are consistent with everything. The fact you asked is telling in many ways. If you were 230 pounds at your height and very lean and had been blasting away the last year then sure it would be much much harder. But for someone who is good stats but only 189 pounds and whilst lean it's not like you are 6% so with a little effort you could easily get to 200 pounds with the same bodyfat % imo (plus it wouldn't take that long). Eat a clean, nutrient dense and progressive diet, train hard/progressively and run some decent blasts with trt in between (never coming off) and be consistent for 3 years and I am sure you could put on a lot of muscle if you are 100% with everything.

hill

Old dude? At 35? Bro you got a good 30 years of lifting left in you (at least), and yeah, you can grow.

The best run I had muscularity-wise was when I was 48 and tried Big A’s growth principles - the supplementation plan, not the workouts. I used a few John Meadows programs instead. Got the biggest and leanest I’d ever been. People at work were very interested in how big I got over about a year and a half 😂

So yeah, you can grow at 35 and beyond.

My stats are about the same as yours right now - height 5’7, 196lbs, a bit fatter. I was completely detrained since Covid so I’m on a body recomp mission at 56.

I made some of my best gains at age 43. I was the biggest, strongest I had ever been at that age. Don't let people put limitations on you. Dig down deep and push yourself, you can do amazing things.

This is my 3yrs difference, as a 5'8" woman. At the time, I was over 45. Youre in your prime. Eat right, train your ass off, and supplement correctly
View attachment 162769
that's just wow .....so that size in the after photo was all new muscles gained at 45 years old ? not like u've been there before when you were younger and lost it then gained it back at older age due to muscle memory ?

cuz if so ,then you just gave me a heaps of hope ...i was thinking i was done cuz i wasn't consistent in my 20s.

guys i appreciate all the replies ....i was under the impression that i reached the end of road for me regarding muscle size and i lost my growing window in my 20s
....but you just put me back on the right track and i really can't thank you enough for the encouragement.
💪💪

Old dude? At 35? Bro you got a good 30 years of lifting left in you (at least), and yeah, you can grow.

The best run I had muscularity-wise was when I was 48 and tried Big A’s growth principles - the supplementation plan, not the workouts. I used a few John Meadows programs instead. Got the biggest and leanest I’d ever been. People at work were very interested in how big I got over about a year and a half 😂

So yeah, you can grow at 35 and beyond.

My stats are about the same as yours right now - height 5’7, 196lbs, a bit fatter. I was completely detrained since Covid so I’m on a body recomp mission at 56.
thank you for the inspiration ,after all the uplifting replies i'm starting a new blast using the same principles the next week after getting my blood work results.
best of luck for you on your pass to recomp.

that's just wow .....so that size in the after photo was all new muscles gained at 45 years old ? not like u've been there before when you were younger and lost it then gained it back at older age due to muscle memory ?

cuz if so ,then you just gave me a heaps of hope ...i was thinking i was done cuz i wasn't consistent in my 20s.
I didn't start training seriously until I was about 36, 37. I was never an athlete in h.s. in fact, in my mid 30s I was 38% bodyfat, and said enough was enough.
This was all earned along the way, not muscle memory at all, I started later. Like, true beginner.
Those pics are from when I started competing. One was on stage at my first nationals, and about 3yrs later, a couple weeks out from a show. And I've recently turned 51, and still changing and growing

Absolutely! I was my best and biggest at age 42.
Just took this pic today. I’m 54 years old.
F80A20C8-240A-4FD1-A7CF-4BAAE7E14D65.jpeg

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views