advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gaining on low-moderate doses for long periods?

C-LOS

Newbies
I've heard a few people mention that its possible to gain on 500mgs of test provided your training and diet are spot on if you stay on for longer periods....like over a year.

What say you?

No. After awhile your body goes into homeostasis and your gains stall well before a year is up even if your diet is perfect. You either have to keep upping the dose and food or blast and cruise.

depending on your history you should be able to make gains for quite some time on that dosage. the bigger gains will be up front then slow and steady after that. well it has worked for me that way in the past.

It's not that you need to keep upping the dose, it's that to combat the over training you have to keep upping the dose. And the over training gets worse the stronger you get. When your gains stall, decrease the volume, increase the intensity, and your gains will return, without upping the dose (to a point...).

It is true however, for very advanced people, there is a size you will seem to get to where nothing on earth will make you grow except upping the dose. But for the majority of people, they have not reached that point on their current dose.

Last edited:
i think its better to just go off or cruise for 4-6 weeks on lower dosages and decrease calories for a while, then you can blast again and increase calories and youre just gonna be more receptive for growth.

I know a lot of fellow powerlifters go for approaches like this and have success.

I'm not sure it would work the same for bodybuilding though. Powerlifting training has more to do with nervous system related training techniques and less emphasis on volume generally so muscular recovery isn't as big of an issue as nervous system recovery. I could see there being a need to continue increasing the dose and blasting/cruising for bodybuilding more than for powerlifting. On the same token, I know what works for powerlifting but I am by no means an expert on BB.

i think its better to just go off or cruise for 4-6 weeks on lower dosages and decrease calories for a while, then you can blast again and increase calories and youre just gonna be more receptive for growth.

This is exactly my out look

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ime

u r as big as ur dose
-JS

u r as big as ur dose
-JS

Not always. I've come across guys in the past that have claimed to mega dose yet they look like absolute shit. These guys were claiming 4-5 grams weekly. They were fat, watery and never took training seriously. I can only imagine what their diet looked like. Probably pizza and beer everyday. :rolleyes:

Kaladryn...that's very interesting wrt the overtaining as you put it...I had never thought of it that way.

Thanks to everyone else for the input.

From my understanding real muscle takes time to build...guys gaining ridiculous amount of weight in a few weeks is most likely just water which is not what I'm after. I understand that there will be a limit with a dose of 500mg of test however I'm not looking to be the next Ronnie Coleman ..lol.

I would run it till the gains stop then add something to it at a low dose. If u want to get bigger deca or leaner tren or something.

It's not that you need to keep upping the dose, it's that to combat the over training you have to keep upping the dose. And the over training gets worse the stronger you get. When your gains stall, decrease the volume, increase the intensity, and your gains will return, without upping the dose (to a point...).

It is true however, for very advanced people, there is a size you will seem to get to where nothing on earth will make you grow except upping the dose. But for the majority of people, they have not reached that point on their current dose.

This is very true, it has been proven that as long as intensity stays up one can maintain and even IMPROVE in both strength and hypertrophy even while volume is reduced, even if you reduce volume by 2/3! For this exact reason I prefer to lower volume down gradually while cutting , then make sure to have a deload week where intensity is kept very high but volume is cut by about 60% and I also train for 3 days during that week. Same thing could apply on such a prolonged cycle once you start gaining an abundance of strength start lowering the volume and incorporate deloads either by some sort of auto regulatory feel, or by a programmed structure ( i.e. every 8,10,12 what have you weeks...)

I think ya don't have to go higher dose to constantly keep making gains just change the compounds around a little switch your test switch eq to deca ect and if ya stop making gains obviously you need more calories in your diet.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear