over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gaining Weight?

Stato11

Registered
Hey guys, I'm looking to slap on a few pounds of hopefully mostly lean muscle next year, I'm definately an ectomorph however in the year I've trained I've gone from 113lbs to 145lbs so I'm making steady gains.

Basically could you guys help me out with what I need to do to gain weight as I'm limited to foods I'm available too due to costs and college. I'm staying roid free for now.

I appreciate any feedback.

List up your complete stats - age, height, estimated bf?

Also, put up what you're eating on a daily basis, and guys will be able to go from there and edit on that.

Okay mate cheers.

Weight: 143-145lbs
Body Fat: Not sure but I've got decent abs

Okay here's what I eat on a daily basis (bulking) please bare in mind that I am very limited to what foods I can have because of costs, I have to buy my 2nd meal and dinner from shops as I'm in college.

Meal 1 (8:00): Oatmeal/Toast with peanut butter

Meal 2 (11:00): Sausage Roll and Flapjack

Meal 3: (1:30): Pot of pasta (Quite high in fat but the good stuff is about £2.50)

Meal 4: (4:00): Protein Shake (40g) and Rice/Noodles

Meal 5: (6:00-7:00): Whatevers going for tea but always has some good healthy fats and plenty of protein and a protein shake (40g)

Meal 6: (10:00): Oatmeal/Toast with peanut butter

I plan to get some Casein to have before I go to bed, is this worth the money?

I know this is going to sound like i am being a smart ass but I'm not. Its actually this simple!!!! EAT MORE. End of story.

The diet written also doesnt have much food based protein in it. You will be surprised how much more food based proteins will do for you rather than shakes

Okay mate cheers.

Weight: 143-145lbs
Body Fat: Not sure but I've got decent abs

Okay here's what I eat on a daily basis (bulking) please bare in mind that I am very limited to what foods I can have because of costs, I have to buy my 2nd meal and dinner from shops as I'm in college.

Meal 1 (8:00): Oatmeal/Toast with peanut butter

Meal 2 (11:00): Sausage Roll and Flapjack

Meal 3: (1:30): Pot of pasta (Quite high in fat but the good stuff is about £2.50)

Meal 4: (4:00): Protein Shake (40g) and Rice/Noodles

Meal 5: (6:00-7:00): Whatevers going for tea but always has some good healthy fats and plenty of protein and a protein shake (40g)

Meal 6: (10:00): Oatmeal/Toast with peanut butter

I plan to get some Casein to have before I go to bed, is this worth the money?

You're first and last meal barely have any protein. Add 4 eggs to each. As for cheap protein sources, you can do chicken, eggs and ground beef. If you like fish, you can do cod.

thanks for the replies guys, I'm quite pressed for time for the first meal or I'd something better, would you recommend anything I could do to get more protein in the other meals? I get my food from a co-operative. I've packed food into Tupperware tubs before but It gets boring eating the same stuff and It just ends up being force fed.

thanks for the replies guys, I'm quite pressed for time for the first meal or I'd something better, would you recommend anything I could do to get more protein in the other meals? I get my food from a co-operative. I've packed food into Tupperware tubs before but It gets boring eating the same stuff and It just ends up being force fed.

If you're seriously about bbing, then you pretty much have to eat the same whole foods day in day out especially since you have a budget. There is good news though. You can add flavor by adding sauces and spices to your meats or eggs. I personally like tabasco, soy sauce and bbq sauce. :)

mcdonalds dollar menu is your new best friend

Whey protein prices have come down over the years, try and drink a whey protein shake with every meal, I believe it's mentioned in one of the stickies.

I can cook 3 whole eggs and a cup of egg whites and some chives (scrambled) in the time it takes to make toast. I pre whisk it all together the night before but its not that time consuming. Then add a couple of bananas for carbs on the run out the door and you are good to go for a first meal

Buy some peanutt butter and take it with you (and a table spoon), and shovel that shit down. I go through a 750g tub in 2-3 days. Loads of protein and fat. when I was young and just starting working out, I bought hheaps of peanut butter (I was poor so couldn't afford much else), and no shit in 3 months my arms went from a mear 12'' to 14 1/2'' (I was round 16 at that time and an ecto) .and whats your height?

Last edited:
Hard boil a bunch of eggs all at once, that'll give you some extra protein and cals for those times you're running low on time to cook. Also, add olive oil or coconut oil to shakes. Great source of fat and extra calories.

thanks for the replies guys, I think in the new year I'm going to invest in some mass gainer and change my diet abit and have dirty bulk, might try the peanut butter thing so cheers for that

thanks for the replies guys, I think in the new year I'm going to invest in some mass gainer and change my diet abit and have dirty bulk, might try the peanut butter thing so cheers for that

Don't waste your money on mass gainer, empty shitty calories. Eggs, meat, bananas, lots of pnb, almond, walnuts. Lots of calorie dense, clean, cheap nutritious foods out there. Pnb is awesome for bulking, try covering your bananas about an inch thick in the shit, cheap calorie dense and fucking addictive :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stato, you can make your own mass shakes that is going to be cheap. All you need are these ingredients.

2 scoops of whey
1 banana
1/2 cup of oats
1 tbsp of PB
milk
water

You can add veggies like spinach and baby carrots if you want for fiber. It's better for you than the crappy weight gainers as sammy mentioned that is loaded with way too many simple carbs. `

I think Big A has a rule that you need to be at least 18 yrs of age to post on this forum. I could be wrong though.
Like the others said, just eat as much healthy food as you can and do a good lifting program and you will grow fast. Don't even think about steroids. I went from 135 lbs at 16 yrs old to about 190 lbs at 18 yrs old as a senior in high school pretty much natural. I was 6 foot tall too, so I was a bean pole at 135 lbs, natural ecto. One summer I did a cycle of dbol for about 8 weeks, but then did no more, so that was all just about earned naturally. It seemed like once I stopped the dbol I lost most of what I put on anyways.

Don't look into steroids until youre and adult and much much more experienced and closer to your natural peak. I didn't touch steroids until I was 29 yrs old after that. I was on steroids for about 10 yrs or so with some GH and then had a heart attack, something to consider too.http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/37736-just-survived-heart-attack-age-38-follow-up-phils-post.html

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner