over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gains slow down in weeks 8-10?

J.Lizzle

Banned
"in weeks 8-10 your gains will slow significantly as your body increases myostatin to slow you down"

Is there truth to this?
If so what can one do to avoid this? Or is this why a lot of people blast for 8weeks then cruise?

Thanks

I have had the same recently stalled last 4 weeks or so, strength is still climbing though. I tried increasing calories but weight stayed the same. Changed routine slightly still weight stayed static. Won't increase dose as I am already at max at what I am comfortable with on a per week mg.

Will be interesting to see how some over come this.

8 weeks is when I usually stall out, but I keep on keepin on just to solidify gains and hopefully keep more instead of increasing the dose or adding more flavors in hopes of a tad more in the wayof gains.

Maybe add in something like Myostatin HMP although this would get quite costly i reckon...

Or i guess you would have to up the dose a good bit to shock the body again?

either up your dose or change compounds , if you have used AAS for a couple years then you may have maxed out yor genetic limit and once your body grows to a certain point on X amount of drugs that is all that dose of hormone will support

It happens to me at 8 weeks also, stop there or switch it up. I now have to do 8 to 10 then pct. good thing is i now can get 3 cycles a year.

Last edited:
Umm

either up your dose or change compounds , if you have used AAS for a couple years then you may have maxed out yor genetic limit and once your body grows to a certain point on X amount of drugs that is all that dose of hormone will support

a couple years? ...what if you have used for a couple decades ? :D
more food, more gear, both, or just start cruising i guess.

Also don't forget that you've already gained the water weight. This makes an illusion that you're gains have stopped because when you start a cycle, you gain a couple of pounds really fast that is mainly water. Keep in mind that muscle takes time to build, so it's normal you don't gain 1 pound per day after 8 weeks.
When I start a bulking cycle, I gain 15-20 pounds in 3-4 weeks, sometimes in 2 weeks, no orals..never orals for me lol.

Maybe add in something like Myostatin HMP although this would get quite costly i reckon...

Or i guess you would have to up the dose a good bit to shock the body again?

Or adjust diet? Perhaps a cheat meal? Add in a random bout of cardio?

Take a training day off? Perhaps deload for a week?

Get some extra rest?

For the record, I don't stall. I keep changes, small but significant, usually every 1-2 weeks.

When I came back to the gym in around 2006, I had the idea of doing a two week bulk, followed by a two week diet... All out on both... Switching between compounds, short acting in both cases, like for bulking anadrol, dbol, sustanon, etc... For cutting, masteron, tren, winstrol, test prop... Test suspension for either... I've noticed that the first two weeks of either is usually the most productive... I tried it and it worked pretty well, I got bigger and leaner relatively fast, but then I started following a conventional method... I'm not sure why, I think I just wanted to get as lean as I could and just stuck with the diet part... But if you notice for the first two weeks of an all out bulk, you it's too soon to really put on fat, but the first two weeks of diet usually result in significant weight loss... I posted about this on the anabolic board, while I was doing it, that was the first board I posted on...

For me…gains are both in the leanness department AND the muscle department. If I am not gaining muscle, I BETTER be losing fat.
So with that being said….for as long as Im consistent in all my work (diet and training) ….I continue making “gains” ….
Gains to me equate to muscle gain at a decently slow rate….like 1/2lb per week (if that)…but fat loss at roughly 2lbs per week.

So as long as I stay ON….I am continuously adding minute amounts of muscle, while shedding appreciable amounts of fat…

So gains never stop for me at weeks 8 or 10 or 12….because by week 18 I will look dramatically different than I do at week 6….

I hope I don’t sound crazy….

Stalling or not gaining is a reason why some start with dbol for a kickstart and end with anavar so they keep the strength up at the end, and add a lil bit for the last 4-6 weeks

Or just anavar at the end, a bit of a shred along with strength and ur usually g2g,

Or just short cycles to keep sides down and prevent e2 climb,

But everyone is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shbg - what a wonderful thing.

Maybe look into your cortisol levels - vitamin c is a hint

"in weeks 8-10 your gains will slow significantly as your body increases myostatin to slow you down"

Is there truth to this?
If so what can one do to avoid this? Or is this why a lot of people blast for 8weeks then cruise?

Thanks

Most of the weight gain during during testosterone use occurs with in the first 8 weeks at which time body weight tends to reach a new plateau, the testosterone dose response curve is long-liner; each log unit increment in serum testosterone levels is associated with an 8-9% increase in fat free mass. The magnitude of muscle accretion in response to androgen use depend on increment in serum testosterone levels rather the cumulative dose. So after 8 weeks is no need to increase the dose just kip training the same way with healthy diet for 6 weeks , than you will gain for 8 weeks agent than you reach on other plateau. So just kip doing it for years after years and you will be big and you will stay healthy.

Most of the weight gain during during testosterone use occurs with in the first 8 weeks at which time body weight tends to reach a new plateau, the testosterone dose response curve is long-liner; each log unit increment in serum testosterone levels is associated with an 8-9% increase in fat free mass. The magnitude of muscle accretion in response to androgen use depend on increment in serum testosterone levels rather the cumulative dose. So after 8 weeks is no need to increase the dose just kip training the same way with healthy diet for 6 weeks , than you will gain for 8 weeks agent than you reach on other plateau. So just kip doing it for years after years and you will be big and you will stay healthy.
I'm not sure I understand. So after 8-10 weeks of a cycle, you would stop then run PCT for 6 weeks or run a TRT dose(100-200mgs/wk). All while training the same way. Then after the 6 weeks are up, get back on whatever cycle you were on?:confused:

I'm not sure I understand. So after 8-10 weeks of a cycle, you would stop then run PCT for 6 weeks or run a TRT dose(100-200mgs/wk). All while training the same way. Then after the 6 weeks are up, get back on whatever cycle you were on?:confused:

in a round about way, yes...

i also agree with jimmy in the sense of even if mass accrual has been put on pause then he is still tweaking things for recomp to still in a sense making gains in big pic of increasing LBM...

...So after 8 weeks is no need to increase the dose just kip training the same way with healthy diet for 6 weeks , than you will gain for 8 weeks agent than you reach on other plateau. So just kip doing it for years after years and you will be big and you will stay healthy.

He's saying, keep the dose the same, keep training and eating right, and the body will "re-set" after 6 weeks or so. No need to increase the dose, just wait a few weeks. Emeric posted this in another thread. He was talking about mainly how to keep gaining while staying healthy. I don't think he meant to stay on blast doses for ever. But how to gain on low doses, long term.

On cycle though, I think most people do what Gunsmith said. Then there's no downtime.

"Catabolic" hormones (homeostasis hormones, really) aren't linear, they rise for 8 weeks, gains stall, then the hormones drop back to normal 6-8 weeks later, even if you stay on the same dose. Then gains happen again on that dose when those hormones drop back down. So on the same dose, it looks like: 8 weeks gain, 6 weeks stall, 8 weeks gain, same dose.

This is what I do, because I'm a pussy with doses and health > mass is my priority set at this point. I've noticed that it works REALLY well if you're also eating only when you're hungry. It syncs up food intake with gaining and plateau periods so ya don't get fat.

Is there truth to this?

Thanks

There was a long time member of this board that came from gotfina board like me... he was of the belief and it sounds logical ... that the body grows in spurts... like it's building up a resevoir of energy, minerals etc and then poof! Kinda makes sense to me... explains the platue effect.

He's saying, keep the dose the same, keep training and eating right, and the body will "re-set" after 6 weeks or so. No need to increase the dose, just wait a few weeks. Emeric posted this in another thread. He was talking about mainly how to keep gaining while staying healthy. I don't think he meant to stay on blast doses for ever. But how to gain on low doses, long term.

On cycle though, I think most people do what Gunsmith said. Then there's no downtime.

"Catabolic" hormones (homeostasis hormones, really) aren't linear, they rise for 8 weeks, gains stall, then the hormones drop back to normal 6-8 weeks later, even if you stay on the same dose. Then gains happen again on that dose when those hormones drop back down. So on the same dose, it looks like: 8 weeks gain, 6 weeks stall, 8 weeks gain, same dose.

This is what I do, because I'm a pussy with doses and health > mass is my priority set at this point. I've noticed that it works REALLY well if you're also eating only when you're hungry. It syncs up food intake with gaining and plateau periods so ya don't get fat.

Yes.

At one point in life the gains will stop( when you reach the genetic limitation).
I did reach my genetic limitation at age 50, now at 60 I am trying to hold my gains long as I can and be as healthy as possible.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131