over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Game Plan During Long Cut

XstarchildX

Banned
For those of you that don't know my background, I've competed numerous times in the INBF, NANBF, OCB, and a few other natural organizations. This was from 2009-2012. At that point I had already been seriously training for 4-5 years consistently and built a solid natural physique. I have not competed since being put on TRT 2 years ago, and finally threw in a few blasts. Since being "on" I haven't done a serious cut; only some mini cuts to clean up here and there. I want some advice from bro's who have done something similar...

So I've been cutting about 6-7 weeks now and this is my first time cutting while "blasting" (albeit it's moderate. 400mg test a week, and 25mg tren A daily). I want to go back to cruise mode, but still have a ways to go before I'm as lean as I'd like (the plan is to get close to show lean before adding size again). Would it be best to eat at maintenance during my cruise of 6 weeks or so, then continue the cut with increased doses, or how would you go about it?

A high dose of DNP is definitely out of the question right now. It's 90-110 degrees daily here atm lol.

Thanks in advance :headbang:

Would it be best to eat at maintenance during my cruise of 6 weeks or so, then continue the cut with increased doses, or how would you go about it?

post a pic so we can get an idea of how much fat you have left to lose

post a pic so we can get an idea of how much fat you have left to lose
Due to my career and how recognizable I am even if I blurred my face, I cannot post pics :(. I have all my abs in, but those crappy Omron body fat testers, which are not accurate at all, has me at 13.8%. I know I have about 8-9lbs to look "hoe ready" and about 12 or so to be pretty shredded.

Do your colleagues post on promuscle? I have been posting on here for years and haven't come across anyone in real life who posts on here. Just post a pic up. Blur out the face and tattoos. Then people can give you advice. LS every single person who mentions they look good never posts a pic.

Hey I know that guy!!!!

you look pretty hoe-ready to me

just use some melanotan 2 and get in the sun for a bit

You are lean enough. I would just start adding size now and try to stay lean.
Are you sure? I'd like to get pretty grainy first to see what I look like close to stage lean. A buddy of mine who works with some top national level competitors is urging me to get super lean so I can "blow up lean" lol.

You're Dave who works down the street aren't you :D
Damnit! I shouldn't have posted that pic. Delete! DELETE!!!! :D

you look pretty hoe-ready to me

just use some melanotan 2 and get in the sun for a bit
I appreciate that. The Irish in me keeps me white, then red, then white lol. I'm scared of melanotan 2 (says the guy who just tried DNP for the first time :D).

You are lean enough. I would just start adding size now and try to stay lean.

x2

Although we don't know all the details like some guys don't want to get bigger... really :D But as Pesty stated you look lean enough. So I would just maintain on your cruise. Then when you blast again bascially lean bulk so add size and stay lean. Now if you really want to be as shredded as possible for summer then cruise and go up in calories (very slowly to allow your body to rest) but stay as lean as possible. Then blast again and go back down and go for it. You look great and as I stated are lean enough.

Last edited:
it's Greg from accounting

fuckin' Greg
Greg from accounting is a complete prick. Now that Dave guy... he's on another level :cool:

x2

Although we don't know all the details like some guys don't want to get bigger... really :D But as Pesty stated you look lean enough. So I would just maintain on your cruise. Then when you blast again bascially lean bulk so add size and stay lean. Now if you really want to be as shredded possible for summer then cruise and go up in calories but stay as lean as possible. Then blast again and go back down and go for it. You look great and as I stated are lean enough.
Goals are to compete again at some point. I'm looking at classic physique but realize I have to bring up some body parts if I really want to be competitive in my class. I'm liking the second option. I have some Dr. prescribed blood work two weeks from now. Basically checking my thyroid, seeing if my iron levels are back to normal after 4 months of therapy, and looking at a basic metabolic panel.

I'm thinking after that I'll cruise and find maintenance calories, then add some compounds and do a sort of "reverse diet." I might be able to lose a good chunk of body fat while I transition to a lean bulk.

Good advice, all!

nothing has to change when you go from a cruise to a blast! i mean honestly the idea of a cruise in my opinion is to clean up your bloodwork and to lower training intensity to let you recover before blasting again and increasing training intensity. go back to trt and just continue cutting if you want to do that.

and come on bro is that a metro?? gotta up-grade my brotha

Last edited:
nothing has to change when you go from a cruise to a blast! i mean honestly the idea of a cruise in my opinion is to clean up your bloodwork and to lower training intensity to let you recover before blasting again and increasing training intensity. go back to trt and just continue cutting if you want to do that.
I've heard conflicting opinions when it comes to the topic. Some guys will say never to eat in a deficit when at TRT levels, because if it took higher than normal levels to build that lean mass, the body won't want to hold onto it in a deficit. Sure you'll lose body fat, but you also run risk of losing a greater amount of lbm. Not sure how true this holds for someone who is only slightly higher than their natural genetic limit lol.

Meh screw it.

You look good, man. we're about the same level of leanness, but I'm doing same as you, mainly because I've never been leaner than now, and also because I want a more efficient bulk.

You could use your cruise as a nice, simple maintenance period, doing higher intensity, lower volume, to "prime" things, so to speak, then go from there into either more cutting or a lean bulk. Either way would be great.

You look good, man. we're about the same level of leanness, but I'm doing same as you, mainly because I've never been leaner than now, and also because I want a more efficient bulk.

You could use your cruise as a nice, simple maintenance period, doing higher intensity, lower volume, to "prime" things, so to speak, then go from there into either more cutting or a lean bulk. Either way would be great.
Great advice, man. I appreciate that.

I've always had aspirations to be a mass monster, but for my genetics it would probably take some very high doses and I'm not quite sure that's territory I'd like to explore. I ran slin before and it scared me to death once I went extremely hypo despite adequate carb intake. Man it was wicked lol.

Edit: I successfully ran it for 5 days before this happened lol. Did the same thing under the same conditions. My body is very insulin sensitive.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner