over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gas and Bloating

bd868484

Registered
Anybody suggest some natural ways to reduce gas and bloating. Almost everything I eat tends to bloat me and cause extreme gas.

Diet

2 Whole Omega 3 eggss
10oz egg whites
80g grits

5og Whey Iso
1 cup oats
.5 cup blueberries

same as meal 2

9oz chicken
80g Sweet potato

8oz Lean Sirlion w/ onions and mushrooms
mixed veggies(garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, low sodium soy sauce, stevia for slight sweetness)

2 whole omega eggs
4oz 97 lean ground turkey
2-4 pickles

apx. 1-2 12oz diet sunkist. sometime 0

I would start with digestive enzymes, lactobacillus acidophilus/lactobacillus bifidus combination. I would also consider betaine hcl.

I get gassy when i eat too many carbs. I bet if you dropped your carbs it would help. I swear i can eat one serving of complex carbs and smell horrible.

Yeah, my girlfriend is about ready to move out because of my gas. lol
I can't blame her!

Also using subpar protein powders will give you gas. True protein is one of the only powders that doesnt give me gas.

raw milk helps me with this issue.:)

Along with the advice above. Eat slower, chew very well and take psyllium every night on an empty stomach.

Along with the advice above. Eat slower, chew very well and take psyllium every night on an empty stomach.

Very good advice. I constantly have to remind myself to eat slower and chew more. It definitely makes a difference.

Psyllium has worked very well for me to help this issue. I typically put some in my pre bed shake.

2nd this one.

I would start with digestive enzymes, lactobacillus acidophilus/lactobacillus bifidus combination. I would also consider betaine hcl.

:yeahthat:

2nd the use of acidophilus!!

the first thing i noticed in your diet are the mushrooms/ onions. that would give me really bad gas.. especially the onions. try a different veggie maybe

yea i tend to eat super fast. I work as a trainer and have to shove my food in between clients and I know I should slow down. I use true protein iso so i dont think that is it. More likely the mushrooms and onions plus I eat a good serving of veggies with at least one meal. I will start the fiberlyze again. I usually only do it when I diet and carbs are restricted and fiber is lower.

If it has been recent onset of gas and bloating consider internal parasites.

Took the words right out of my mouth...drink raw eggs and w/o the above mentioned digestive enzymes you would not want to be in the same room as me.

the first thing i noticed in your diet are the mushrooms/ onions. that would give me really bad gas.. especially the onions. try a different veggie maybe

I was eating at my parents house yesterday... and my mom cooked a lot of stuff, including quesadillas... I was eating this and a mushroom fell off the back of the slice... and i said "mom... you put mushrooms in these things?" she said "yeah, why?".... my wife looked at me and said "oh... shit..."

I'm the kind of person that never gets 'smelly' gas unless i eat more than 100 grams of carbs in a meal, or if the meal has mushrooms. so, that might be a problem, or anything else you have some food allergies to.

You may have a gluten issue. Gluten is a wheat protein that some people can't digest properly. Google this issue and read up.

Consider this. Simple.

You can buy a "gas prevention" capusle product OTC. I take one every time I'm FORCED to eat a meal that will give me gas.....I have some previous GI pathology and currently can't handle certain foods well.

I've found out that if I

1) take a gas PREVENTION capsule about 10 minutes BEFORE my first bite, then I rarely have issues with gas.....I gas on anything with more than 15-20g of fat, regardless of the source of fat. Even with the capsules, if I have more than 25gF in a single meal....or more than 80g Fat in a day....the pill is useless and I gas, bloat, and have serious bowel movement issues....serious.

2) If I know that I'm going to be FORCED to eat a high fat/high darily/high carb combo meal (such as family holidays when I'm allowed to say "no" to every food at the table except one in particular which would be a serious insult to my in-laws.....then I have to take a double dose of Immodium before the meal and it only helps to an extend. I usually don't take Immodium but prefer a simple gas prevention capsule with certain "clean to somewhat clean" training diet foods.

Hope this helps.....try it and see....worst case scenerio you are only out $5-10 dollars.

Good luck Bro! :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar