GAT's Plant Protein

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
There have been a lot of threads on non dairy or vegan protein's over the years. I have tried a few in my time and most tasted awful. I recently bought this and I have to state I am impressed. I figured I would post just incase anyone is looking for a decent plant and/or non dairy based protein powder.

It's made with pea isolate, organic brown rice protein, artichoke leaf powder, quinoa sprout powder and coconut pulp powder. It's sweeted with stevia leaf extract and 2g organic cane sugar.

I have the chocolate peanut flavour and it tastes really good (even mixed with just water). I am not a fan of stevia and can taste that but the flavouring masks everything really well.

I also tried their greens powder and that is great too (mixed berry). Neither product causes any stomach distress for me. Here is the ingredient list for the plant protein...

upload my image on image website

There have been a lot of threads on non dairy or vegan protein's over the years. I have tried a few in my time and most tasted awful. I recently bought this and I have to state I am impressed. I figured I would post just incase anyone is looking for a decent plant and/or non dairy based protein powder.

It's made with pea isolate, organic brown rice protein, artichoke leaf powder, quinoa sprout powder and coconut pulp powder. It's sweeted with stevia leaf extract and 2g organic cane sugar.

I have the chocolate peanut flavour and it tastes really good (even mixed with just water). I am not a fan of stevia and can taste that but the flavouring masks everything really well.

I also tried their greens powder and that is great too (mixed berry). Neither product causes any stomach distress for me. Here is the ingredient list for the plant protein...

upload my image on image website
Are you a vegetarian?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Are you a vegetarian?

No. I just like to try new things. I did recently have a break from meat most days but back to having it as one of my main protein sources. I will always eat meat but the amount will likely lower as I get older.

No. I just like to try new things. I did recently have a break from meat most days but back to having it as one of my main protein sources. I will always eat meat but the amount will likely lower as I get older.
Just curious, I was pescatarian for a year and a half then went vegatarian for more than a year and no matter how much I ate (clean) I could not get enouph cals. Protein was a challenge even with plant powder added. I'm 6 foot and went down to 156 pounds. I know there are verry muscular people that are vegetarian but I just dont believe plant protein offers the same benifits as animal, imo. I did find some really tasty powders though, but only one that was fairly affordable and it was soy based. Not trying to shift your thread.

Just curious, I was pescatarian for a year and a half then went vegatarian for more than a year and no matter how much I ate (clean) I could not get enouph cals. Protein was a challenge even with plant powder added. I'm 6 foot and went down to 156 pounds. I know there are verry muscular people that are vegetarian but I just dont believe plant protein offers the same benifits as animal, imo. I did find some really tasty powders though, but only one that was fairly affordable and it was soy based. Not trying to shift your thread.

I think pea isolate is a great protein source in regards to quality but it usually tastes horrible. Trust me even if I didn't eat meat I would not have an issue growing. Although my goals now are to get ripped and I have purposely downsized recently. Some of my main protein sources are cottage cheese and greek yoghurt. I could happily eat both for most meals in the day. Then I could simply add eggs but I wouldn't even need to. I don't think eating that way would effect the way I looked either. I pretty much lived off those 3 protein souces the other month. Now going vegan would be a completely different thing and life would not be enjoyable :eek::D

I think pea isolate is a great protein source in regards to quality but it usually tastes horrible. Trust me even if I didn't eat meat I would not have an issue growing. Although my goals now are to get ripped and I have purposely downsized recently. Some of my main protein sources are cottage cheese and greek yoghurt. I could happily eat both for most meals in the day. Then I could simply add eggs but I wouldn't even need to. I don't think eating that way would effect the way I looked either. I pretty much lived off those 3 protein souces the other month. Now going vegan would be a completely different thing and life would not be enjoyable :eek::D
With u on the eggs and milk, those 2 are my main protein sources now. Milk has been added to the minue sence my veg days, I used to loath it but about three years ago I began drenking it beacuse it is such an efficient package at 80% casine and 20% whay. I could do the veg thing again with milk and dairy and do fine I'm sure, but I used nether then. I was not vegan beacuse I did not care about the dairy additives in processed food, that's about all that seperated me from vegan though. Beans or rice were the most filling foods on the minue and I just wasted away. Glad u dig the plant protein.

An old thread but just wanted to state I went through the entire tub and I definitely rate this. Some mild bloat using larger amounts but nothing bad at all. I only used this infrequently as I was mainly eating whol food protein at the time. I would definitely buy again. Weirdly I loved the taste the more I drank it. I thought I would bump up incase there are guys who are vegan or just want a change and looking for a new protein to try out.

Great review. Vegan proteins are an excellent option for anyone that has trouble digesting milk-based proteins...it also digests way slower and is more filling as an MRP. It has complete sources of protein 2 times over with the rice/pea combo and the quinoa.

Wholesale is 33.79 for 1.8lbs so it’s very affordable given the quality of the formula.

...I may or may not work for GAT lol...love seeing stuff like this.

Last edited:
Great review. Vegan proteins are an excellent option for anyone that has trouble digesting milk-based proteins...it also digests way slower and is more filling as an MRP. It has complete sources of protein 2 times over with the rice/pea combo and the quinoa.

Wholesale is 33.79 for 1.8lbs so it’s very affordable given the quality of the formula.

...I may or may not work for GAT lol...love seeing stuff like this.

I really enjoyed it. I love your Greens formula too. They both taste great. I actually started the muscle martini tonight too. It tastes great but the ingredient profile is poor imo. I bought it just to try. I say poor as it's an amino acid product but the doses are extremely low with a big dose of taurine added. I have many amino products in my cupboard so I just added 2 scoops of strawberry aminos to it so no worries for me. But as a standalone product it needs more EAA's and the main 3 BCAA's added. I will definitely be buying the other 2 products again though.

the sources of the protein look good. One thing difficult for vegans is to get their essential aminos they need. Beans and rice give them, and if I remember peas are one of the few plants that actually provide all these aminos in one plant. It might be soybeans though I cannot remember off the top of my head. But thought I would bring it up as some vegans don't think this through and this protein is one of few that i have seen, being plant based, that combined different plant sources to provide those essential aminos.

the sources of the protein look good. One thing difficult for vegans is to get their essential aminos they need. Beans and rice give them, and if I remember peas are one of the few plants that actually provide all these aminos in one plant. It might be soybeans though I cannot remember off the top of my head. But thought I would bring it up as some vegans don't think this through and this protein is one of few that i have seen, being plant based, that combined different plant sources to provide those essential aminos.

Rice/pea combo is a complete profile.
Quinoa alone is a complete profile.
It’s all there.

Ty for this, I've only tried a few non dairy protein powders and they were all sub par as far as the taste and texture went, so went back to optimum nutrition's whey, ill give this a shot tho!

I have tried a few chocolate (usually peanut butter too) proteins over the year or so and I notice I seem to bloat more on them now. I like to mix chocolate whey with oats as well and the combination can be really bad for me. So gonna try this one again as I haven't used it since just after this thread was posted. It tasted surprisingly great just different to whey which took a few days to get used to. Most vegan proteins taste horrible.

I have tried a few "complete" vegan proteins and I always go backwards. They just dont compare to animal protein in my opinion.

I have tried a few "complete" vegan proteins and I always go backwards. They just dont compare to animal protein in my opinion.

You go backwards? I assume you are referring to mainly meat? I have periods were I consume mainly cottage cheese and greek yoghurt with some powders (perhaps whey and eaa's) and I notice no difference.

Or did you literally mean whey etc so milk being an animal product? If so how many shakes do you consume per day? I imagine it must be a lot to notice such a difference. I use different sources but have protein powder maybe 4 meals per day so it's a large chuck of my protein intake. I never noticed any difference using this brand. Have you tried this one?

Now in regards to vegan vs non vegan I completely agree and I would never go vegan. I love my meat. I think meat (beef, chicken etc) is the best form of protein to consume for building muscle. But I first tried this protein powder to replace other powders and not all the animal protein I consume. Many get bloated from whey etc. Beef isolate is another great powdered protein source imo and I have had success with that as well. Definitely not trying to turn anyone vegan :eek::D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws