over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GDA discussion.

I personally find Metformin giving more pros than cons. Berberine will have me sh*tting my brains out dropping some of the worst farts ever while Metformin does not cause this.
I am glad for you, but in general, met is MORE likely to cause GI issues in general.

I feel there is no need to go above 1000mg Metformin in any situation. We also can't ignore the fact Metformin is dirt cheap compared to most all-in-one GDA supplements (again, not stating Metformin is a GDA).

And then we have professionals like Colette Nelson stating taking Insulin multiple times per day at 1-3IU is superior to Metformin for the benefits most of us use it for.

Why does 1g pre bed seem so popular? A sports medicine and trt doc I know takes a 1gram extended release before bed too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

There may be other reasons that I am not aware of, but a lot of people deal with elevated BG levels in the morning (i.e. they wake up with elevated levels). By taking Met pre-bed, they wake up with normal BG levels rather than elevated levels.

Since we sleep for 8 hours per night (I don't, but we should be), having elevated BG levels for that entire period isn't really healthy. This is especially true when we consider that most people, sometime shortly upon awakening, will consume some kind of sugar-laden or processed carbohydrate. Combined with already elevated BG levels, this just makes things worse.

By keeping BG levels normalized throughout the night, not only are we staving off damage for a considerable period of time each day, but we reduce the damage that might otherwise occur from morning sugar/processed carbohydrate consumption.

Mike,

What do you think about taking both Metformin and a GDA? Would that be overkill?

I don't really like to define these supps as "GDAs", as the term GDA describes a singular function applicable to all classes of compounds within the category of "insulin-like" compounds. It would be more accurate to compare one class to the next.

When it comes to insulin-like compounds, the various classes include insulin sensitizers, insulin mimetics, and insulin secretagogues. Insulin sensitizers cause the body to respond better to insulin (increased insulin efficiency), whereas insulin mimetics work by copying or "mimicking" one or more effects that insulin has in the body. Lastly, insulin secretagogues stimulate the release of insulin from the pancreas. Each of these classes has some overlap into the other, but their primary functions differ dramatically.

So, the answer to your question would depend on the person's goals. In general, Met alone provides sufficient insulin sensitizing effects, but it is a poor mimetic and has no effects on insulin secretion.

Mike. Out of the 3 effects you mentioned. Which one of those will your new product resemble?

There may be other reasons that I am not aware of, but a lot of people deal with elevated BG levels in the morning (i.e. they wake up with elevated levels). By taking Met pre-bed, they wake up with normal BG levels rather than elevated levels.

Since we sleep for 8 hours per night (I don't, but we should be), having elevated BG levels for that entire period isn't really healthy. This is especially true when we consider that most people, sometime shortly upon awakening, will consume some kind of sugar-laden or processed carbohydrate. Combined with already elevated BG levels, this just makes things worse.

By keeping BG levels normalized throughout the night, not only are we staving off damage for a considerable period of time each day, but we reduce the damage that might otherwise occur from morning sugar/processed carbohydrate consumption.
Mike is correct, I'm a diabetic and taking metformin at bedtime will help with the liver releasing glucose during the morning waking hours, this is called the dawn phenomenon.

In a normal person, your body will raise certain hormones, cortisol, growth hormone and insulin and during this time the liver releases glucose. This is normal, metformin will help with insulin sensitivity as well as tell the liver to stop producing glucose.
In a diabetic (specifically type 2 and severe insulin resistance ) the body produces these hormones but out of balance, very high cortisol and gh but low insulin production. The liver keeps producing glucose because of this imbalance, this is where the metformin helps diabetics more than a normal person.

There is also a condition called the symogi effect, this is when your body produces too much insulin at night (hyperinsulinemia) and this will drop blood sugar way too low. The liver in response to this produces a rebound type effect blood sugar rise in the morning hours....

Diabetes is a bitch...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

I've used plenty of metformin and wish I got the same results as some of you guys. It sound like a lot of people won't even go a day without using it. I wish I noticed some form of difference, but I don't get it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws