over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GEAR-DEPOT NUTRITION TIP OF THE WEEK

Geardepot

Guaranteed Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
I started to think of this when I read the Kangen water thread the other day. Here is an excellent tip to help you alkalize your body. I swear by this, and I challenge any of you to try it.

-Go buy 4-5 gallons of purified water. I go to the health food store and buy the purified 1 gallon water jugs that come out of the big machine.

- Buy some real lemon juice. Not the fake plastic lemon thing they have in the produce section. You need to buy the 100% fresh squeezed lemon juice that comes in a jar. Most health food stores sell it. -OR- you can buy a bag of lemons and squeeze them fresh yourself.

First thing in the AM put 1/5 to 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice in your gallon of water. Shake it a little and take it with you all day. Drink it down by the evening and repeat for another 3-4 days.

You will feel better then you have for a while. I can almost guarantee this. I drink the lemon water ED now, but after 2-3 days you will notice a huge difference in your overall well being. The lemon water alkalizes your body and tastes great. Another tip is to put a table spoon or 2 of Honey -or- Agave nectar in the gallon. This will give it a sweet taste!

Most people dont realize this but:

* Lemons are antiseptic
* Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems. I know there are a lot of BBers out here who have suffered from this when were in a bulking phase.
* Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys.
* Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
* Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
* Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
* Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

I know you'd probably think a lemon is acidic to the body, but once it is consumed it causes an alkalizing effect to the cells of the body. If any of you have more info on this process please post it here. I found this video that kind of explains it.

**broken link removed**

I bought some ph test strips and tested this before and after using the lemon water and had a pretty substantial difference. I have noticed my body holds a higher ph longer from the lemon water then from a kangen water.

Anyhow, if any of you have more info on this or any comments to add please feel free to add to this.

Attachments

• ScreenSnapz001.jpg
    ScreenSnapz001.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,430
thanx been doing this off and on for years and swear by it when i eat a lot of meat and pasta.

thanx been doing this off and on for years and swear by it when i eat a lot of meat and pasta.

Yep, I noticed the same thing bro. When I was really cramming down a lot of meat my body would turn highly acidic. Simply drinking the lemon water made me feel a whole lot better. It improved my digestion as well.

G

I drink home made lemonade a lot, it does help with stomach and eerything else.
I heard Grapefruit is also good (not the way Kai Green uses LoL)

Last edited:
Very sound advice...probably works much like the same principle of apple cider vinegar...

next time you have horrible acid reflux, try 2 tablepoons PURE apple cider vinegar (from health food store)...it will relieve it almost imediatly. burns a bit going down, but well worth it if your suffering.

most people say "you want me to put something Acidic on my acid reflux, your crazy".... the reason you have acid reflux is not because you have too much stomach acid, but because your bodys internal stomach PH is OFF. the apple cider vinegar brings your stomach acid into the normal range.

I am sure lemon water works much to the same principle.

Very sound advice...probably works much like the same principle of apple cider vinegar...

next time you have horrible acid reflux, try 2 tablepoons PURE apple cider vinegar (from health food store)...it will relieve it almost imediatly. burns a bit going down, but well worth it if your suffering.

most people say "you want me to put something Acidic on my acid reflux, your crazy".... the reason you have acid reflux is not because you have too much stomach acid, but because your bodys internal stomach PH is OFF. the apple cider vinegar brings your stomach acid into the normal range.

Very good point here.

x2

Cheers

Chip

Take some ACV and mix with water and stevia and you have great sugar free cider.

I always wondered why my aunt and uncle always drank lemon water. They were both into running and fitness when I was a kid.

Apple cider vinegar definitely has similar effects. Don't take it straight though, for you ACV newbies. Use only a few tablespoons per 16 oz. glass.

Also, most so-called acid reflux is really just indigestion. Practice proper food combining and you will avoid this "disease".

I started to think of this when I read the Kangen water thread the other day. Here is an excellent tip to help you alkalize your body. I swear by this, and I challenge any of you to try it.

-Go buy 4-5 gallons of purified water. I go to the health food store and buy the purified 1 gallon water jugs that come out of the big machine.

- Buy some real lemon juice. Not the fake plastic lemon thing they have in the produce section. You need to buy the 100% fresh squeezed lemon juice that comes in a jar. Most health food stores sell it. -OR- you can buy a bag of lemons and squeeze them fresh yourself.

First thing in the AM put 1/5 to 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice in your gallon of water. Shake it a little and take it with you all day. Drink it down by the evening and repeat for another 3-4 days.

You will feel better then you have for a while. I can almost guarantee this. I drink the lemon water ED now, but after 2-3 days you will notice a huge difference in your overall well being. The lemon water alkalizes your body and tastes great. Another tip is to put a table spoon or 2 of Honey -or- Agave nectar in the gallon. This will give it a sweet taste!

* Lemons are antiseptic
* Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems. I know there are a lot of BBers out here who have suffered from this when were in a bulking phase.
* Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C

I know you'd probably think a lemon is acidic to the body, but once it is consumed it causes an alkalizing effect to the cells of the body. If any of you have more info on this process please post it here. I found this video that kind of explains it.

**broken link removed**

I bought some ph test strips and tested this before and after using the lemon water and had a pretty substantial difference. I have noticed my body holds a higher ph longer from the lemon water then from a kangen water.

Anyhow, if any of you have more info on this or any comments to add please feel free to add to this.

does anyone even the OP see a possible issue with sipping on something that contains sugar(even diluted) having a negative effect on tooth enamel? LOL I know it sounded gay but im seriously interested. sounds tasty just dont wanna ruin my pretty teeth :D

does anyone even the OP see a possible issue with sipping on something that contains sugar(even diluted) having a negative effect on tooth enamel? LOL I know it sounded gay but im seriously interested. sounds tasty just dont wanna ruin my pretty teeth :D

You could substitute stevia(get the Kal brand ext best there is) or xylitol, both are teeth friendly and xylitol has been shown to promote dental health

You can put a little glycerol in it too for a sweetener...

I really dont think you'd have any issues with the amount of sugar in there. If you had a tbsp of honey or agave its like 10 grams of sugar per gallon of water.

Heres another tip for some of you guys worried about your teeth. I dont think it will help with cavities but it will sure brighten/whiten your teeth a lot! Gargle with hydrogen peroxide for 30 sec per day after you brush your teeth. When your done gargling look at your tongue and all the white stuff on it, you'll probably see a lot. Rinse your mouth out with some water and you'll be on your way to a cleaner mouth and whiter teeth!

* Lemons are antiseptic

**broken link removed**

you think this could work well the last week of show prep, person is a little bit worn from the process, lemon in the water could give them a boost without hurting prep. calories are low would it be okay or would it hurt in someway i am just not figuring out at the moment

you think this could work well the last week of show prep, person is a little bit worn from the process, lemon in the water could give them a boost without hurting prep. calories are low would it be okay or would it hurt in someway i am just not figuring out at the moment

I dont see any reason it would hurt you but dont hold me to that. Anytime you change anything the last week or 2 of prep you are running the risk of messing things up. If it were me I'd start it 2-3 weeks before the show so you know how your body reacts.

g

Thanks for this tip! I am going to try this out. ::port-smi

When you say purified water are you talking about distilled water??

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws