over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GEAR FOR THE OLDER ATHLETE...

tricepfreak

Newbies
I am new to this forum...

My questions to you gentlemen has to do with gear and the older athlete...

I am 48 years old, and have been lifting on and off for the past 15 years...

1.) Would anabolics be a viable option for a man my age. I have doen extensive research on the pros and cons, but I can find little on that subject.
...I am constantly hitting plateaus - I have tried just about ever alternative on the market _ precursors like Anotestin, diets and pills and creatines and you name it!!!

My goals are simple - mass, washboard abs, and some big musculature before they wheel me away to the local nursing home.

2.) Having been to prison years ago after my involvement in a DWI accident, I care not to visit again. What does a knucklehead like myself do to obtain the "supplementation" I would need...I workout at a small gym in my home town.

I would appreciate some sound advice. I did read an article in the lastest Men's Health magaziine on the subject of "normal" non-bodybuilder types and steroids...

Bro consider

For an old bastid such as yourself (I be a little older) A little test cypionate or enanthate do the trik. These be longer acting esters that require less injections. 400mg to 500mg do a lot for you. That be one shot weekly depending on the gear you use. Do it like for 6 weeks to get your feet wet. I dont know about the washboard abs (diet be the key to that) but you will brake thru those Plateaus you be talkin about. Give it a couple to 3 weeks to kick in and you will be liftin more weight and Mr happy be reel happy too.
Make sure you have some anti-estrogen on hand for unforseen contingencies like Titties for example (gyno). Nolvadex be more economical. Clomid for post cycle use to normalize testosterone levels. No drinkin either. Stay off the sauce. Bye now.

Many of the guys

be young here. When they go to bed thay be thinkin about the girls. When I go to bed I be thinkin about a good nites sleep. LOL.
Dont drink and drive bro.

Thanks....

I have not had a drink since 10-12-96.

...after prison I stayed off the booze for around three months, then decided I could drink safely....HELLO???

I went back out, and stayed drunk for another six years...then, I finally hit a horrible "bottom", and that was it.

I was consuming 5 cases of beer a week (plus reefer)

I got involved with Alcoholics Anonymous, realized there was a problem and the problem was ME...the drinking was but a symptom...I had to find out why I drank, which is a life-long process.

I actually first started lifting in prison...guys in there with huge arms and no legs...they build up to look good in a tight tee shirt when they stroll across the prison yards...
I even lifted during the rest of my drinking career...blood pressure was so high that the room would go around in cirles with dizziness when I laid on a bench to do presses.
LOL. It's a wonder I didn't pass out a few times.

I do not wear my sobriety "on my sleeve", but without my sobriety today I would not have a thing.

Regards.....JB

Duncan didnt know your were quite the Senior! Im 44 so I know about old!
First off washboard abs and great mass only happen together if you are a genetic freak. One or the other-try both and you compromise both and may reach neither. Everyone wants it all, right now...doesnt work like that.
Id say gain the size-musclebuilding is what its all about. You need to eat a ton. BB is a progression from beginner to advanced-I get the feeling you are a high level beginner-lowlevel intermeadite.
No offense. First learn training. Then nutrition. Then supplementation. Then chemical assistance. Its a progression.
Dont try anabolics if you havent learned to eat like a bodybuilder-I dont mean knowing from a book. I mean doing it. It sounds like drinking has been a bog part of your life and Id guess you are not that far past that to be into advanced nutrition. Again no offense meant.
When you do start-Id say test 2x wk cyp or enanthate would do-Id start with 500-600mg wk. Keeping some nolv on hand. And clomid post cycle. Just like Duncan be sayin'! ;)
Older guys need it more so than younger guys, not less.

Who are you calling an "older athlete"?!?! When you get to my age, you're considered a "seasoned veteran!" I'm only 50 years better (you're either gettin' older or better)

xcel

Hey Mike

That be sum very good advice you give the x convict. If this guy be young I would of recommended the progression thing. Coz you be absolutely correct in everything you said IMHO. But by the time the old geezer be redy for chemical enhancement he be 80. LOL!!!
I thought you were a young buckaroo with a perpetual hardon Mr. Mike. say like 30's. Xcell he be 50. Have to talk to that man about old age and geriatric care. Just kiddin bro. BTW I be the big 5 0 in a few months. Hey Mike on the AF board thair be a post about catchin that terroist guy that Angus posted. You know who I mean right. That guy who look like he just got outta the bed. All hairy like and shit. Well I said sumthin bad Mr Mike. I say the guy thay cot look kinda like Mike S but he be a little betta lookin when he comb his hair back and chest sumtimes. I was just jokin in case you see it.

Duncan be makin me laff

Well I said sumthin bad Mr Mike. I say the guy thay cot look kinda like Mike S but he be a little betta lookin when he comb his hair back and chest sumtimes. I was just jokin in case you see it.

Hey F you! I shave my rug! Actually the wife does the back ;) !

Thanks guys for the replies....

Now, if someone could please answer the other question...

I went to my doctor a few months ago, ad a complete physical - which included blood work. I had him check my testosterone level...the results say I am in the middle, according to doc...I was hoping that there would be a way the doc would prescribe something - well, that's out of the question.

Now what? Hang in an alley outside a gym and hope for the best. I live in western NY - in the Rochester area.

Would an oral be something that would assist me in my goals?

...also, would the ingestion of DHEA help me at all to raise muscle-building properties in my body?

Please!!! Someone adopt me...pushing 50 years old makes me feel as though time is not on my side.

Regards, and have a great weekend....JB
:p

Re: Thanks guys for the replies....

Responses are inserted after your questions:
tricepfreak said:
Now what? Hang in an alley outside a gym and hope for the best. I live in western NY - in the Rochester area.

Hang out here, check out other boards, ask questions, become part of this community, There are MANY less expensive ways to get supplementation.

There's even a doctor that checks in here (Swale) that specializes in HRT if that's all you're interested in.

Would an oral be something that would assist me in my goals?

This what EVERY Newbie is hoping - is there a pill I can take that will do the job. Oral steroids need to be 17aa so they don't get assimilated in the digestive tract and they're not as "effective" as injectibles. This makes orals hard on liver and kidneys - hence you don't want to stay on orals long. Not saying never use them, saying they are a good "addition" in a cycle.

...also, would the ingestion of DHEA help me at all to raise muscle-building properties in my body?

DHEA has to go through several conversions in the body to do any good. It can actually end up increasing estrogen more than test. I got sore nipples from trying it years ago.

Please!!! Someone adopt me...pushing 50 years old makes me feel as though time is not on my side.

You've got "plenty" of time left! Just go about it smartly. You want a challenge - try being over 50 and do a pre-contest. IT'S REALLY MESSING WITH MY MIND!

xcel

..thanks for the kind reply.

...I guess I don't want to get into the shit. I sure do not need to end up in trouble legally.

I'm at an age where I need a boost...have no intentions of looking like Atwood (as if I could!!!). I need to "tighten up on my backstroke", and gain some mass and general musculature.

I do understand the incredible importance of diet...which in the past has been one of my downfalls...

"Seek and you shall find" seems to be the opinion of the great repies I have received.

I need a mentor.

...wish I could find a "Dr. Frankenstein" type...someone who I could say, "OK...make of me what you will. I am willing...so what's on the agenda?"

Dude I said it before-everyone wants it all NOW. "I need a mentor" - "adopt me" - "I wish I could find a Dr Frankenstein"...
Man, building muscle is a slow process that takes alot of work. You bust out brand new on the boards and want an answer immediately. I just posted its a progression of learning and working-obviously you arent listening-or thats not the answer you wanted to hear. Quit freaking out and take your time! Learn and make some friends. Take a year to initiate a plan. If your looking for an answer that will satisfy your need for instant gratification-sorry it aint gonna happen. YOu might be able to get HRT from a doctor, low dose that will, as the term says, REPLACE
your lower endogenious test levels. Do a search for posts by SWALE" who is willing to put guys on legimamite HRT.

Thanks....

...and of course, you are right on the money.

I have been considering alternatives for a while now.

I am either the biggest procrastinator on the planet - or I want it all yesterday...that's true.

I must admit that at times I feel as though my "clock" is ticking faster than everyone else (LOL)...
although I am much better about it than when I got sober over 6 years ago.
I drove everyone nuts for about a year.

I thank God I had people in my life in my early sobriety that called me on my shit - I'm the type of guy who does not need sunshine blown up my ass.
They loved me until I could start to learn to love myself.
I am grateful.

Lift heavy.

JB
:p

Tricepfreak, I'm FIFTY-NINE (59!!!). I've been lifting all my life and juicing off and on going on 19-20 years. I use some common sense, and take a lot of stuff for sides plus a lot of "regular" supplements. My doc says I'm the healthiest 50 something guy he has ever seen (he doesn't know abou the juicing). I figure my face looks about my age, but from the neck down I could be 25 - and a pretty damn healthy 25 at that. Anyway, I don't think you're ever to old to start. Follow the bros advice - especially MikeS and xcel - they have been around a long time and know their shit, and you'll be fine.

Here

Anyone 40 and over should use I'd say 300 to 500 mg's of test doesnt really matter what kind every 7 to 10 days, Winny would be good and definitely GH if you can afford it.

GH or IGF-1 with at least replacement level test

Heck. I am 57 and about to start another cycle after being off for five years. Did my first cycle when I was 46. The first cycle is always the best. Why is that?

I am going to go with 600 mg of EQ (I love that stuff) and 500mg of test per week on my next cycle. Unfortunately, the side affects are more severe with us older guys, so we need to supplement with anti-e's and maybe some Propecia.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131