over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gear Transfer Mishap=Lost Gear?

Ehren

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I really need your help, Gents! I'd like your opinions on whether I should toss some of my gear. Damned sad times over the pond!

I have 2 questions: After transfering to vials, should I/can I bake the gear to make sure it's sterile? Does this even help? My transfer technique was good, but not perfect IMO. Too much air exposure. I usually use HG so first time with transferring.

Second: I have gear left in the jug. Toss it? I explain how this happened below. Idiocy...and being over-careful. I appreciate your advice, Guys.
----
So after sterilizing everything in a mile radius, I start transfering my gear from a jug to sterile vials. It's going ok. Im taking the vials out of a bag to limit any exposure, cleaning them with alcohol, then drawing from the jug and injecting into the bottle.

I had to open the jug top, so there's air exposure. Not good, but not really avoidable. It's taking too long!

Last bottle, I take from the bag and realize to my horror, that it has a hairline crack that it must have got in the mail. The sealed top is also banged up. It's no good, unusable. :eek:

So now, I've got about 20ML in the jug still, that's been exposed to air and nowhere to go. Bummer! :(

If I transfer it to a sterile vial later, and bake it, will this help? Or am I just fooked on these 20ml.

its fine......just bake it.....no reason to waste it. remember to stick a needle in the vials so they can vent while baking

Ehren, unless you are in a very filthy area meaning dust, mildew and mold and with sick people around the left over gear is just fine in the jug. Since you bought your gear in jugs then the gear was made by an UGL which are no better then your house as far as being sterile.

why didn't you use a 50ml bottle? You get it done in one shot as apposed to filling multi vials....plus it just looks juicy lol! I just did a transfer also with a 60ml syrenge and 18g. All in one shot no exposer or very little! took the lid off the jug, put the needle in it and as I'm drawing i tilt the jug forward to suck up as much fluid as possible. I was unable to get about 2ml+/-.....but I could care less. I was on ly able to fit 57ml in the 50 anyway!

Pm if you have any further questions.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Iron, good idea. I may use a single big vial in the future. I wanted to use multiple vials this time just for sterility purposes, because Im not gonna use all I have in one run. But then I guess since I'd use a different pin each time for the big vial, it would stay sterile anyway. Ill have to try that.

I did find a far better/faster way than drawing it from the jug though. I should have thought of it first. Dammit. Anyway, pull the plunger all the way off the large syringe, then pour the entire contents of the jug into the syringe, replace the plunger into the syringe and shoot the contents into the vial. Nothing left in the jug at all! Works well, except I was missing that last vial! :(

Ehren,

Here are some question for you, you are worried about the gear you have being exposed to the air in your room correct? Now when you are going to draw out for your shot or to do the transfer did you or did you not draw air first into the syringe to shoot into the jug to be able to draw out the same amount of gear? Is the air sterile?

I can tell you the worst place to get a shot is in a doctor's office or the hospital as people are sick and coughing in the area.

Great advice Thick1. I've read Thick1's post quite a bit throughout the years on many different forums, and his advice is always good. I personally wouldn't worry about it. It's always good to be careful, but in this case I think your going a tad beyond. I personally wouldn't even bake it. The only gear I'll bake came from a supplier a long time ago, and that was pretty much a common deal with his stuff. If you wouldn't have baked it to begin with, I wouldn't bake it now. I think your pretty good in your transfer. Just my opinion.

Great advice Thick1. I've read Thick1's post quite a bit throughout the years on many different forums, and his advice is always good. I personally wouldn't worry about it. It's always good to be careful, but in this case I think your going a tad beyond. I personally wouldn't even bake it. The only gear I'll bake came from a supplier a long time ago, and that was pretty much a common deal with his stuff. If you wouldn't have baked it to begin with, I wouldn't bake it now. I think your pretty good in your transfer. Just my opinion.

Hey BigBubz, and I know the supplier you are talking about seems his products never changed...I think the name should change to I'm Painful :D

Thanks Bigbubs and Thick1,
I was thinking the same thing: Air everywhere and it's unavoidable. I am being over-cautious for sure. Just don't wanna be the next "abscess" thread here on PM:eek:.

Ok, Im gonna hijack my thread:)

Thick, if you have a minute, could you give your thoughts on the possible cause of abscesses from gear? It can't just be that Bro's are not careful enough. Of all the people who inject things, we are among the most informed and careful, so what gives?

I only ask because (it's UG gear) and I've seen some very dodgy injections given in filthy places in the military and emergency medical business and Abscesses were never a concern. Right through trouser legs, shoulders with sweaty clothes on, etcetera and no problems.

In the end, I'm really enjoying this so far. Thanks everyone for helping me keep it safe.

Thanks Bigbubs and Thick1,
I was thinking the same thing: Air everywhere and it's unavoidable. I am being over-cautious for sure. Just don't wanna be the next "abscess" thread here on PM:eek:.

Ok, Im gonna hijack my thread:)

Thick, if you have a minute, could you give your thoughts on the possible cause of abscesses from gear? It can't just be that Bro's are not careful enough. Of all the people who inject things, we are among the most informed and careful, so what gives?

I only ask because (it's UG gear) and I've seen some very dodgy injections given in filthy places in the military and emergency medical business and Abscesses were never a concern. Right through trouser legs, shoulders with sweaty clothes on, etcetera and no problems.

In the end, I'm really enjoying this so far. Thanks everyone for helping me keep it safe.

Ehren,

Here is the truth to the matter we are at the mercy of the manufacturer which are UG Labs and even Pharmaceutical companies (although this is rare-which are recalled products). Abcesses are caused by bacteria in the gear you are injecting and usually it is picked up when being made. All we can do on our side as users are to alcohol swab the vial tops and the area of the injection. Ehren we all take chances.

Just a note, many of the so called human grade gear are made in third world countries do you think that these countries have agencies like the FDA and Health departments to check on the sterility of the manufacturing of steroids. I don't think so, so again we take our chances and all we can do is do our preventive measures which are to clean the tops and area of injecting.

I have been "knock on wood" lucky, I have been cycling now for almost 30 years and have never had an absesses.

The best thing is to not think about it as paranoia can play some very mean mind trips on you. You will be okay.

You are the man, Thick1. Thanks!

hate to bump an oldish thread.

Ehren, unless you are in a very filthy area meaning dust, mildew and mold and with sick people around the left over gear is just fine in the jug. Since you bought your gear in jugs then the gear was made by an UGL which are no better then your house as far as being sterile.

Ehren,

Here are some question for you, you are worried about the gear you have being exposed to the air in your room correct? Now when you are going to draw out for your shot or to do the transfer did you or did you not draw air first into the syringe to shoot into the jug to be able to draw out the same amount of gear? Is the air sterile?

I can tell you the worst place to get a shot is in a doctor's office or the hospital as people are sick and coughing in the area.

in regards to the bulk jugs. every time you go to draw from a vial, you draw in equal amount of air to what you want to take from the vial.. so how would it really be too much different than using directly from the jug? i mean, if youre careful.. and be as sterile as possible, isnt it "safe" to do? i know some bros that do it that way. im really just curious about this haha. :p

I see my "Im a dumbass" thread has arisen :D

Just to update, cycle has been fine (knock wood) and I've perfected my transfer technique:) Not missing a drop. So Im glad not to have to use my leftover gear as furniture polish :eek:

Im still as careful/sterile as possible when dosing, and I think having gear that's already clean really helps.

To Dubs, I wondered about this at the beginning too. Only thing is in case something gets into a 10ml bottle, maybe that bottle is lost or contaminated. But if a contaminant gets into much larger bottle, it would be all the more tragic.

But as I said above, Ive seen, even lately some guys do some really unclean things and they're fine. I dont know why some guys gets infections easily and others don't.

in regards to the bulk jugs. every time you go to draw from a vial, you draw in equal amount of air to what you want to take from the vial.. so how would it really be too much different than using directly from the jug? i mean, if youre careful.. and be as sterile as possible, isnt it "safe" to do? i know some bros that do it that way. im really just curious about this haha. :p

I, myself am guilty of that rob. ps. the way to be "as sterile as possible" is to actually transfer to a vial.. with filter, baking, etc. but what can you do. i know guys that use directly from the jug as well... some with no problems..

I see my "Im a dumbass" thread has arisen :D

Just to update, cycle has been fine (knock wood) and I've perfected my transfer technique:) Not missing a drop. So Im glad not to have to use my leftover gear as furniture polish :eek:

Im still as careful/sterile as possible when dosing, and I think having gear that's already clean really helps.

To Dubs, I wondered about this at the beginning too. Only thing is in case something gets into a 10ml bottle, maybe that bottle is lost or contaminated. But if a contaminant gets into much larger bottle, it would be all the more tragic.

But as I said above, Ive seen, even lately some guys do some really unclean things and they're fine. I dont know why some guys gets infections easily and others don't.

Correct.

and its luck ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member