over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Genetic Testing?

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Has anyone here used the genetic testing services? One of my partners was suggested he get it after a colonoscopy revealed tons of polyps and it came back with a marker, that in conjunction with the number of polyps yields an almost 100% chance of colon cancer by age 50. They are pushing him to get his colon removed now!

Just curious, if anyone got the testing done and if you are happy you did. In my friends case he had a doctors recommendation, but if you were just curious, would you want to know these chances in advance?

Pekkerwood

Has anyone here used the genetic testing services? One of my partners was suggested he get it after a colonoscopy revealed tons of polyps and it came back with a marker, that in conjunction with the number of polyps yields an almost 100% chance of colon cancer by age 50. They are pushing him to get his colon removed now!

Just curious, if anyone got the testing done and if you are happy you did. In my friends case he had a doctors recommendation, but if you were just curious, would you want to know these chances in advance?

Pekkerwood

I would, but when it comes to a major operation, I would get a second opinion.

Pekkerwood

Yes its out there but having it be "dead on" for spotting things I wouldn't go there just yet but I feel that some genes in our genome have been studied more extensively than others.....He should research and study which gene they are telling him he has and he shold go get another opinion but that is just me in my non doctor suggestion.

We are headed that way in that we will one day have "personalized" medicine in which the genes that we carry will tell us how we can metabolise drugs, what tendencies we have for cancer, which and how much of a particular medicine we should take and of course help us with prevention from disease...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131