over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Genetics and bone structure ?

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Wasnt there an article written in musclemag or flex (or something) that had something to do with your bone size and how much mass you can carry...I mean I know guys like Nasser had huge bone structures (along with hand size) and guys like him (with bigger bones) could carry more weight/mass ? Tom Prince was someone that had huge hands and bones (I think?) and I remember him being able to walk around 300 plus pounds all the time...

What do you guys think...

chris

I always hear about flex wheeler having had really small joints which i guessed meant smaller bone structure. I'm not sure what his overall mass was but for him the smaller bone structure I think helped to make him look more massive than he was.

I always hear about flex wheeler having had really small joints which i guessed meant smaller bone structure. I'm not sure what his overall mass was but for him the smaller bone structure I think helped to make him look more massive than he was.

yeah that kinda what I mean...I think the smaller the bone structure the less you will actully weigh...I mean Flex looked huge on stage, but only weighed about 230lbs (at the most, more if he wasnt in top condition) and guys like Nasser was around 280lbs and was huge, but Flex looked almost as big cause of his bone stucture ??? Phil Heath is another example of looking big but not weighing as much...I always thought the bigger the wrist size the more mass you can carry ???

chris

I'm not sure what is concidered a large wrist but I did find this.

About Lee Priest.

This weekend at the GNC Show in Atlanta, I measured Lee's cold arm. He mentioned it might be helpful to post it here, so I am honoring that request.

From my website ironhistory.com:

Yesterday (Oct 9, 2004, Saturday) at 9:31am I chatted with Lee Priest at the GNC Show of Strength Expo Hall, and asked if I could measure his wrist, his forearm in two positions, and his flexed upper arm.

He said he weighed about 235 as we spoke and that he was about 5'5" tall.

Keep in mind he was cold, had not worked out that morning.

His wrist measured 7-3/8".

His forearm- with the entire arm straight- including the hand straight from the wrist, but with his fist clenched, but not goosenecked, measured 15-3/4" and is the most incredible forearm I have ever seen in person. So he has the magical ratio of his forearm being twice as large as his wrist PLUS ONE INCH! Manfred Hoerbel did not have the 2:1 ratio!

Then he goosenecked his hand, and put his forearm at a right angle to his upper arm, and in that position his forearm measured 17".

His upper arm was simply unbelieveable, and it is my personal opinion that from wrist to shoulder he has the best all-round development in the history of bodybuilding- I will not argue- that's just my opinion. His upper arm measured an unbelieveable 21-1/4".

He mentioned that when pumped, he can add an inch, which is of course likely. So pumped, his arm would be over 22" which would be triple his wrist size!

He allows people to believe what they wish in regard to his arm size, and he related this story. He was at a department store counter when the female clerk commented that he had large arms, but that her relative had arms 'about twice as big as yours'. Lee just smiled and said he must be a big guy!

Another time someone said to him, "What do your arms measure, I will guess 23""

"You got it", replied Lee, and smiled and walked away.

Thus misinformation is born.

I dont know if this means anything but my wrist are 7 1/4 inches ??? My arm flex cold are 19 inches around 245lbs...Kinda small, I guess ...LOL !!! I think the biggest I ever had them was around 19.5 inches at 270lbs plus...(cold) some maybe I cant get them over 20 inches...IDK

chris

I dont know if this means anything but my wrist are 7 1/4 inches ??? My arm flex cold are 19 inches around 245lbs...Kinda small, I guess ...LOL !!! I think the biggest I ever had them was around 19.5 inches at 270lbs plus...(cold) some maybe I cant get them over 20 inches...IDK

chris

19 inches at 245 isnt small bro! 12 inches at 245 is small lol

Check out Flex magazine this month....

It has DJ in there from 1990 when he won his 1st. show. He has the same body exaggerated with 100 lbs. of muscle.

Last edited:

Thats 100% True.

Exacltly im like that too.

I have really Small joins and Bones And very small waist, My muscle appear very bigger because of this.But i look small in clothes.

Last edited:
I find this topic very interesting. I have a 7" wrist myself, and I have always thought that if I had at more than 7" that I'd probably weigh much more than I do (currently 214 at 6'). I'm currently at 19.5" on my upper arms so I'm hoping I can get to 20". That'll probably be as far as I can get on arm size with my structure. The smaller/thinner structure does have the advantage of making one look larger, that's for sure. Many people ask me what I do for my arms since they look a lot bigger than they really are. I've always been jealous though of taller guys because on average, their bone structure is larger, and it seems like even only a small increase in bone thickness equals a large increase in potential mass. I see lots of guys in the gym who have this thickness but sadly don't train correctly to reach the potential that I can see they have.

I am from the small bone structure club as well. I am currently 5'5 and 200 lbs. Just measured my wrist out of curiosity ant it is 6.5 and flexed bicep is 19. It def has its benefits at contest time because on stage I look way bigger than I really am. The downside is that in regular clothes, I look like a regular guy. It is also kinda hard to put on muscle. I have also noticed that my muscle bellies tend to grow high but not wide. For example, my quads lack width but really get a tall peak, as do my biceps.

Wide shoulders and small waist makes you able to carry a lot of weight and make it look good, look at Coleman here, you can clarily see that the structure had all the space in the world for mass, and even if his waist grows (it always grows to a certain degree if you gain a lot of weight) you still look good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6Nn7l7Dpdc
If you don´t have that shoulders to waist ratio you gain weight and you look like Kamali

Well.....

I got an 8" wrist. My arms are at 19.5 cold. I'm 5'11" at 280, bf at 294 was 16%, haven't had it measured for over a month. I'm guessing i may have dropped to 15%. I have always been large framed and weighed alot. I found it very fifficult to get under 220 without losing alot of muscle, and looking like a skinny fat person(if u know what i mean). Personally when i look in the mirror i still think i look small. Or when standing next to someone i outweigh by 100 pounds i still feel small. I think having the smaller bone structure makes you look better. More aesteticly(spelling?) pleasing.

If Gunter and Dexter stood on stage together could you tell Gunther was 70lb more. I would say no, why Dexter has small joints so less muscle on him looks like more.

David Henry, Flex Lewis when you see these guys on stage no way would you think they were under 202lb.

I would believe it. My wrists are just barely 6.5 inches.

after reading this thread i just had to do it. 5'7" 201lbs wrist 7 inches arms cold(bi's) 18.5 inches. same thing though if it wasnt for my girl like waist in a dress shirt i look pretty small.

example

Just using myself for an example cause I think it's relevant. Here is a pic of my right arm at a contest over a year ago. I was all of 147 lbs at 5'5". My wrist would have been 6.5" and I cant imagine my arm was any bigger than 18 dieted down like that. I would have to guess more like 17 to 17.5. I was a frickin wee little man there and still looked pretty big. I'm not saying I looked like Coleman or anything, just pretty big for a guy under 150 lbs. Those tiny bones created this illusion. That same amount of muscle on a guy with bigger joints would look pretty small.

Attachments

• aaa.JPG
    aaa.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 205
Just using myself for an example cause I think it's relevant. Here is a pic of my right arm at a contest over a year ago. I was all of 147 lbs at 5'5". My wrist would have been 6.5" and I cant imagine my arm was any bigger than 18 dieted down like that. I would have to guess more like 17 to 17.5. I was a frickin wee little man there and still looked pretty big. I'm not saying I looked like Coleman or anything, just pretty big for a guy under 150 lbs. Those tiny bones created this illusion. That same amount of muscle on a guy with bigger joints would look pretty small.

WOW, thats a big arm for 147lbs! My wrists measure 6 1/4, I think I haved the smallest wrists here yet!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131