over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Genetics are a bitch

All things being equal time is not the big equalizer. The "If you just work hard enough or long enough" democratic, we are all equal bullshit just isn't true in anything.

Life is short play to your strengths.

All things being equal time is not the big equalizer. The "If you just work hard enough or long enough" democratic, we are all equal bullshit just isn't true in anything.

Life is short play to your strengths.

That wasn't exactly my point of my post. That was just a snippet. I realize what you are saying. I simply stated my opinion and you know the saying about opinions...

I know a guy like that. He works out though..... all machines, 3X week. He wears those gay gym outfits and drinks the flavored waters. He is 30 and thinks he fucking knows everything in regards to nutrition and training. I hear him tell people all the time "all you gotta do is eat 5-6 meals a day. Use high reps when you work out. People ask me all the time how I look like this at 30 and I tell them thats what I do." Fucking moron has no clue that he was just a winner in the genetic crap shoot and that ANYTHING that he does in the gym is going to work for him same as at the dinner table. I've wanted to tell him that numerous times when I hear him spewing his simplistic bullshit but he's not worth interupting my workout.

BC

Maybe you look awesome and don't put on fat but have a family history of cancer, heart disease, psych problems etc

Just because some are genetically gifted on the outside doesn't mean they are on the inside.

Also, age is a good equalizer. I ran into a fella that was just ripped and big naturally when I wrestled in H.S. He didnt have to diet to make weight, he had freaky, full muscle bellies and looked like he spent hours in the gym every day when in reality, he worked out far less than most.

Today, 20 years later, he has a pot belly and small arms. Just goes to show that genetics can be hard to determine. Honestly, I hate the way genetics get brought up all the time. Hard work, dedication and sacrifice are just as important. Once you tap into those qualities, I think only then, true genetic potential can be realized!

but had he of worked out with those genetics and eaten better I am sure he would look outstanding.
i think the point is that the guy can do a fraction of what others have to do for the same outcome.

this statement is the most important to me....

"Maybe you look awesome and don't put on fat but have a family history of cancer, heart disease, psych problems etc"

I rather struggle with getting abs than struggle with any of that.

6'1" and 183 is skinny, not chiseled imo. Like others said, don't worry about anyone else but yourself. Maybe post your daily diet and training routine. There are a lot of guys on this board that know a shit ton about gaining size and strength.

i agree. who wants to be 6'1 at 183. this is bodybuilding not abercrombie modeling. i just turned 20 and i've been living this lifestyle for 2 years and i have to say that nutrition is the biggest part of the game. sure i have a cheat meal everyday to get those calories in bc lets face it just eating 400 grams of protein isnt gonna make you grow. you need the calories to do that. i graduated high school at 5'll 160 pounds and 2 years later im 5'll 245 at 8 percent bf. your right some are more gifted than others but hard work pays off in the long run imo

i agree. who wants to be 6'1 at 183. this is bodybuilding not abercrombie modeling. i just turned 20 and i've been living this lifestyle for 2 years and i have to say that nutrition is the biggest part of the game. sure i have a cheat meal everyday to get those calories in bc lets face it just eating 400 grams of protein isnt gonna make you grow. you need the calories to do that. i graduated high school at 5'll 160 pounds and 2 years later im 5'll 245 at 8 percent bf. your right some are more gifted than others but hard work pays off in the long run imo

5'11-245lbs-8% body fat?

Damn you have IFBB pro potential. Love to see some pics. Not doubting you, but don't think you get the message.

This kid is built without "living" the bodybuilding lifestyle. If anything, he lives against it and still sports 17 inch arms, benches heavy weight, etc. for a guy with horrible nutritional habits and lazy gym work ethic. That's whats remarkable. You have to "live" it to get there. He could half ass his way and get there, heck he can accidently get there. I'd love to see what he could do on just 100 grams of protein or 500 extra cals. His diet has gotten worse since I made this post.

He has two meals a day, 70% of that is soft serve ice cream. Maybe 30-40g of protein from chicken, soft serve, fruit loops, coco puffs, waffles, and golden grahams. That's all he's been eating for the past few days. And oatmeal raisin cookies, he has those a lot.

All you guys blabbing that you eat cheat meals and fast food everyday so you can get the extra calories in, otherwise you wont grow, are flat out WRONG.

You have to eat more to grow? Really? Lets see your freaky, ripped physiques. Post up your picts and lets really get to the truth.

Ok..ok Im being a dick! Really though, you might look great today in the mirror (even though Im calling bullshit on the guy whos 262lbs and "tight") but what do you think your insides are looking like? Ever wonder what a poor quality high calorie diet + anabolics leads to? How about a shorter life. You might have abs, but trust me, you also have 3 inches fat underneath it. Fat marbles your insides, it doesnt just build up under the skin.

You want to grow with food? Put in the hard work to eat the right foods. Clean, nutrient, unprocessed foods is the key. NOT calorie dense, cheap, processed "food." Its not a calorie game, guys. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll see real results.

I don't get the whole discussion?? This is PM - I thought we all wanted to look something more-than-human - the look I'm going for and the look I've seen on most of the senior members can NEVER be replicated by natural genetics fueled by junk food and beer. 6'1" at 183 lbs... all I'm thinking is he needs to eat more and hit it heavy at the gym. I recommend he get in touch with one of the trainers on this board. :cool:

All you guys blabbing that you eat cheat meals and fast food everyday so you can get the extra calories in, otherwise you wont grow, are flat out WRONG.

You have to eat more to grow? Really? Lets see your freaky, ripped physiques. Post up your picts and lets really get to the truth.

Ok..ok Im being a dick! Really though, you might look great today in the mirror (even though Im calling bullshit on the guy whos 262lbs and "tight") but what do you think your insides are looking like? Ever wonder what a poor quality high calorie diet + anabolics leads to? How about a shorter life. You might have abs, but trust me, you also have 3 inches fat underneath it. Fat marbles your insides, it doesnt just build up under the skin.

You want to grow with food? Put in the hard work to eat the right foods. Clean, nutrient, unprocessed foods is the key. NOT calorie dense, cheap, processed "food." Its not a calorie game, guys. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you'll see real results.

thats funny considering i've seen pros eat burgers and fries in the offseason. anyone who can eat 6000 calories in clean foods i give major props to. Have you seen what lee priest looks like in the offseason?? Even dave palumbo admits to having mcdonalds everyday in his offseason. Not bashing on you man just telling you that although clean foods are most important its good to put some extra calories in your body. If you dont then your metabolism will stay the same year round. gotta switch things up

I don't get the whole discussion?? This is PM - I thought we all wanted to look something more-than-human - the look I'm going for and the look I've seen on most of the senior members can NEVER be replicated by natural genetics fueled by junk food and beer. 6'1" at 183 lbs... all I'm thinking is he needs to eat more and hit it heavy at the gym. I recommend he get in touch with one of the trainers on this board. :cool:

Is that sarcasm? If not, then...

While I agree this board has it's freaks. You got to remember something. This is what he does WITHOUT working out and WITHOUT eating proper foods. Can the people on this board, the genetic freaks included, say the same?

Were they sporting 17 inch arms BEFORE even working out? A full 8-pack with insane vascularity?

The freaks on this board dedicated themselves from above average-excellent genetics to maximize what they have. He's in that "excellent" criteria range. I made this thread/post just to rant, nothing more or less. He's the type to have the potential to come in this sport, and absolutely own it. Of course he doesn't care for it all that much.

Is that sarcasm? If not, then...

While I agree this board has it's freaks. You got to remember something. This is what he does WITHOUT working out and WITHOUT eating proper foods. Can the people on this board, the genetic freaks included, say the same?

Were they sporting 17 inch arms BEFORE even working out? A full 8-pack with insane vascularity?

The freaks on this board dedicated themselves from above average-excellent genetics to maximize what they have. He's in that "excellent" criteria range. I made this thread/post just to rant, nothing more or less. He's the type to have the potential to come in this sport, and absolutely own it. Of course he doesn't care for it all that much.

Yeah... no.. not sarcasm - let's just call it encouragement. Go to the gym, get big, and no 183 lb abercrombie model is going to intimidate you... k?

Yeah... no.. not sarcasm - let's just call it encouragement. Go to the gym, get big, and no 183 lb abercrombie model is going to intimidate you... k?

You're just trying to comfort yourself by calling them 183lb abercrombie models. If any of those kids, in particular my roomate, made an account, when to the picture board and said what do you think my potential is. I've never lifted consistently, this is my diet, etc. You'd have the REAL freaks like Phil, and the real guru's like DC jumping all over this kid. Don't try to coin some overused phrase to degrade his body.

Then, if you compared them to yourself from before you lifted and started...and asked similar stuff, you'd be just another joe. You just sound bitter posting that no offense.

thats funny considering i've seen pros eat burgers and fries in the offseason. anyone who can eat 6000 calories in clean foods i give major props to. Have you seen what lee priest looks like in the offseason?? Even dave palumbo admits to having mcdonalds everyday in his offseason. Not bashing on you man just telling you that although clean foods are most important its good to put some extra calories in your body. If you dont then your metabolism will stay the same year round. gotta switch things up

Okay.

Id like you to tell me how the metabolism works and how you manipulate it? You are saying that you have to eat burgers and fries to change your metabolism? You've seen pros eat just burgers and fries in the offseason? What pros do you personally know that does this?

Not bashing on you, but I dont think you understand what youre talking about. Please, prove me wrong.

Also, since you've mastered manipulating your metabolism, would you mind posting some pictures to prove what your saying?

Maybe you look awesome and don't put on fat but have a family history of cancer, heart disease, psych problems etc.

Just because some are genetically gifted on the outside doesn't mean they are on the inside.

Also, age is a good equalizer. I ran into a fella that was just ripped and big naturally when I wrestled in H.S. He didnt have to diet to make weight, he had freaky, full muscle bellies and looked like he spent hours in the gym every day when in reality, he worked out far less than most.

Today, 20 years later, he has a pot belly and small arms. Just goes to show that genetics can be hard to determine. Honestly, I hate the way genetics get brought up all the time. Hard work, dedication and sacrifice are just as important. Once you tap into those qualities, I think only then, true genetic potential can be realized!

wow really good points

Most women prefer the abercrombie model to the BB i would imagine

Okay.

Id like you to tell me how the metabolism works and how you manipulate it? You are saying that you have to eat burgers and fries to change your metabolism? You've seen pros eat just burgers and fries in the offseason? What pros do you personally know that does this?

Not bashing on you, but I dont think you understand what youre talking about. Please, prove me wrong.

Also, since you've mastered manipulating your metabolism, would you mind posting some pictures to prove what your saying?

thats not what i meant man and dont try to make me look like a dumbass. I know more about nutrition than you think. of course eating burgers and fries doesnt manipulate your metabolism and no thats not all they ate. just the night before a big leg or back day.

Large amounts of AAS, insulin, T3, clen, etc. and you can also push your genetic potential. You can also eat more, lift more, etc.

Does it take a toll? I would ask Mike Matarazzo. I think he was like 38 when he had a heart attack. Did he have awesome genetics? Hell yes he did/does.

Would he trade that for a healthy heart right now? I would hope he would.

All this talk of genetics is good conversation but, once AAS and all the other drugs come into play, I think it is harder to gauge genetics. This is just my humble opinion. I also think some have great genetics but lack the work ethic to ever truly show just how good those genetics are!

With all that being said, Jay C. and Ronnie both looked pretty damn big when they were 15! Look at pics of Arnold as a teenager! Genetics are a bitch but I guess I am hopeful I can make the best of mine!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws