over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Genetics for muscle growth

I definitely think genetics are a HUGE factor.
not just for how the body is constructed physically like muscle insertion and amount of particular muscle fibers, but chemically as well allowing some to grow with way way less than others and allowing some to use WAY more than other and not have terrible side effects.

I was shocked this thread got thiiis far without someone pointing this out. Most racist post I’ve seen on PM, dead serious.
Saying white guys looks like shit isn't racist but saying some other race isn't as intelligent is? Welcome to 2023 Promuscle,you fit right in.

Saying white guys looks like shit isn't racist but saying some other race isn't as intelligent is? Welcome to 2023 Promuscle,you fit right in.

Don't like it? Maybe you should leave.

@qbkilla youve been posting all day but ignoring this thread, why?
What's their to say? We see the differences in pro sports and everyone has commented on them.

I can only think of a handful of white RB (hillis, McCaffrey, woodhead). I've only seen one white corner Jason seahorrn.

When it comes to QB they are predominantly white, kickers too. The majority of white QB are pocket passers while black QB are typically more athletic.

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, manning, luck
Jackson, hurts, Kyler, McNabb, Randall

Even in recruiting from high school to the pros they label them as "pro" or ",dual" aka a QB who can run.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-F...?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

They also give them a grade on pocket presence. We also see for pass rushers most of the guys gifted generically are black the Myles Garrett, von Miller, odafe oweh, trevon Walker. The white pass rushers are not as athletic... Hutchinson, Henderson, Jared Allen.

I've been watching football since 1994 they used to talk about this stuff all the time on TV and radio, particularly about how coaches were scared to go with black QB or a running QB. Now days this sort of talk isn't allowed to happen on sports shoes but it has been prevalent in the history of the sport.

What's their to say? We see the differences in pro sports and everyone has commented on them.

I can only think of a handful of white RB (hillis, McCaffrey, woodhead). I've only seen one white corner Jason seahorrn.

When it comes to QB they are predominantly white, kickers too. The majority of white QB are pocket passers while black QB are typically more athletic.

Even in recruiting from high school to the pros they label them as "pro" or ",dual" aka a QB who can run.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-F...?InstitutionGroup=highschool&PositionGroup=QB

They also give them a grade on pocket presence. We also see for pass rushers most of the guys gifted generically are black the Myles Garrett, von Miller, odafe oweh, trevon Walker. The white pass rushers are not as athletic... Hutchinson, Henderson, Jared Allen.

I've been watching football since 1994 they used to talk about this stuff all the time on TV and radio, particularly about how coaches were scared to go with black QB or a running QB. Now days this sort of talk isn't allowed to happen on sports shoes but it has been prevalent in the history of the sport.
I think this is missing the point.

Intellectual capacity, controlled for education, upbringing, and financial situation, doesn’t vary much based on race, and yeah, it’s a bit racist to say “well black dudes aren’t as smart.”

The reason we see so many white dudes develop as pocket passers while black QBs tend to scramble is because people default to what works for them.

At lower levels of the game, a scrambling QB is so dangerous, so the more athletic QBs default to scrambling - especially since defenses are slower and far less disciplined.

White QBs rarely have the athleticism to pull that off (Eric crouch, Tim Tebow being notable exceptions), so they either develop as quality pocket passers or stop getting playing time.

The problem for running QBs is that the game speeds up as they get to the top levels, and their run threat becomes less valuable - and since they were never forced to be pure pocket passers, they have a much shorter runway to upskill into a quality pass-first QB.

Tl;dr version: it’s not race, it’s situational

Doubling down I see…

Doubling down I see…
From watching over the years - I personally think qbkilla is not a mean dude or anything. He just massively lacks awareness. Think about that generally lazy 40 year old uncle many of us have that works at Home Depot and loves to eat, and always on a "diet" always complaining about why he's so genetically deficient. Most likely blames everybody else for why he is at Home Depot and not owning a successful company. Probably is extremely close to his mom because she makes him feel better when he is down.

My point is this racist ass comment is not intentionally derogatory - he just truly can't see other perspectives. Kind like how wild it is someone could get to 225 lbs without getting fat, or having elite genetics, or using a lot of gear.

:giggle:

One thing that has been kind of lost is the idea of giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I think we have all said or types things that didn’t sound bad in our head but man it sounded bad once said or read.

Of course there are genetic factors and differences among races, that is part of the beauty of humanity. Whether it be skin tone, muscle size, bone structure or whatever these differences are good. And they should also make us humble. We may be good at one thing but there are other things others excel in.

Welcome to PM? You've been here for 4 months...

Prevalent in the history of the sport..uh yeah...and you also werent just quoting something someone said from the 1980s.
One is a discussion about physical abilities and the other is a discussion about mental capacity. If others cannot see the massssive difference there, that's pathetic and there is no "benefit of the doubt." One thing we CLEARLY can see from a dumb/racist post like that is that having 1000s of posts doesnt make you intelligent, self-aware, understanding lifting/nutrition/bodbuilding, (obviously) Almost 5000 posts means you just spend a lot of time on here, it doesnt make you a knowlegeable vet on any topic.

Intellectual capacity, controlled for education, upbringing, and financial situation, doesn’t vary much based on race, and yeah, it’s a bit racist to say “well black dudes aren’t as smart.”

The reason we see so many white dudes develop as pocket passers while black QBs tend to scramble is because people default to what works for them.

At lower levels of the game, a scrambling QB is so dangerous, so the more athletic QBs default to scrambling - especially since defenses are slower and far less disciplined.

White QBs rarely have the athleticism to pull that off (Eric crouch, Tim Tebow being notable exceptions), so they either develop as quality pocket passers or stop getting playing time.

The problem for running QBs is that the game speeds up as they get to the top levels, and their run threat becomes less valuable - and since they were never forced to be pure pocket passers, they have a much shorter runway to upskill into a quality pass-first QB.

Agree with this. If a QB has that skill, they can move, you can bet they will use it. At the lower levels I'm sure the coaches encourage it and even design an offense around it. But a QB like manning who can't move just has to focus on being like a point guard, distribute the ball, read the defense, so he develops passing skills better than the guys who are in a read option offense.

Back to on topic away from football but genetics. I had a roommate from college he was from Ghana. He would see me lifting, eating tuna, using supplements etc. He began working out a little and went from skinny to passing me in a few months. I ran into him years later he was 240 lean and was scared to take creatine so definitely not on AAS. Some people just have the genetics but I think in general people who have athletic ability, fast twitch, can gain muscle better.

check wonderlic scores, Peyton manning a so called cerebral QB had a wonderlic in the 20’s. I think it boils down to if you have the speed/ agility you are always going to default to it under pressure.

check wonderlic scores, Peyton manning a so called cerebral QB had a wonderlic in the 20’s. I think it boils down to if you have the speed/ agility you are always going to default to it under pressure.
This is true, the windrlick was a worthless measure. Being a cerebral quarterback isn't a measure of intelligence rather pocket presence and processing reading defense. Peyton is fair from a genius but still a very cerebral quarterback. Josh Dobbs who is a 3 Rd stringer is a genius but doesn't process the game like Peyton. I think I recall Marino had a low wonderlick yet he was a great pocket passer.

From being the most racist person that ever walked the PM board from day one, running in skinhead circles way back then and then evolving into marrying a highly intelligent, beautiful black woman who’s family absolutely loves me and vice versa I think I can speak on this. You see racism if you want to see racism. Qbkilla’s comments were very benign. He obviously meant nothing by it. Anyone overly sensitive about it, too bad. It’s the type of shit her family will joke with me about, healthy back and forth. Nothing but love while acknowledging differences and stereotypes. More in common as human beings before anything else.

I had my wife read the comments in question and her response was “yea, and?” Lol. Relax guys. There’s so much more to life than virtue signaling, have a great day.

From being the most racist person that ever walked the PM board from day one, running in skinhead circles way back then and then evolving into marrying a highly intelligent, beautiful black woman who’s family absolutely loves me and vice versa I think I can speak on this. You see racism if you want to see racism. Qbkilla’s comments were very benign. He obviously meant nothing by it. Anyone overly sensitive about it, too bad. It’s the type of shit her family will joke with me about, healthy back and forth. Nothing but love while acknowledging differences and stereotypes. More in common as human beings before anything else.

I had my wife read the comments in question and her response was “yea, and?” Lol. Relax guys. There’s so much more to life than virtue signaling, have a great day.
4808BE09-66C1-45C3-9969-77BC41182A3B.gif

Very well put.. Good explanation.

Cage

Respect.

So the formerly blatant racist is going to tell us that latent racism is all good? Ok lol.

He implied that genetically black people are too stupid to be cerebral quarterbacks. He’s not running around calling himself BALDNAZI on the internet but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have racist views.

So the formerly blatant racist is going to tell us that latent racism is all good? Ok lol.

He implied that genetically black people are too stupid to be cerebral quarterbacks. He’s not running around calling himself BALDNAZI on the internet but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have racist views.
😂 pretty much.

At least have the intelligence to say you misspoke and apologize. The glossing it over and pretending he didn’t say it is more the problem. Everyone is allowed to say dumb shit, but acknowledge you said some dumb shit and people will move on. Pretty basic. That’s lacking self awareness.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear