advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

George Farah: “Sugar Is The Devil” and reason for cancer.

What Atkins discovered is that it was difficult to eat many calories on a Keto diet, while it was extremely difficult to eat few calories on a diet rich in sugars, refined flours, bread, cereals...
That's a good point. Still, if you do control your caloric intake like most bodybuilders do, sugars are just fine.

What Atkins discovered is that it was difficult to eat many calories on a Keto diet, while it was extremely difficult to eat few calories on a diet rich in sugars, refined flours, bread, cereals...

That's how it's supposed to be and it's definitely what Atkins himself believed. And while I don't think it applies to most bodybuilders doing keto or a version of it, I think it incorrect about Atkins dieters in general. The sedentary who start a keto diet most likely do eat fewer calories to start, but not for long. They wind up eating as many if not more kcals than they were on a traditional diet once they get tired of meat, eggs, and vegetables, and start eating a lot more bags of pork rinds with cream cheese, Atkins food products, sugar free junk, etc.

Whenever the Atkins diet made one of its comebacks in 1998 or so, I was a waiter, and we had all you can eat prime rib once a week. I hadn't heard of Atkins at the time, and a couple having dinner told me about it, how it was making a comeback, was originally popular 20 years prior, etc. Dude was overweight, but said he had already lost 12 pounds in two weeks. He ate a shitload of fatty prime rib...certainly 3K kcals. Seems like appetite suppression didn't apply to him.

Wait till he grasps that amino acids, particularly glutamine facilitates the bioenergetics for some malignancies to thrive.

I'm sure he will "investigate" that. LOL come on anyone?

I'm sure he will "investigate" that. LOL come on anyone?

Most probably don't get it. Either because they are interested in bodybuilding the endeavor, rather than the sport, so they don't pay attention to the industry drama stuff. Or because they are just not very quick witted.

That's a good point. Still, if you do control your caloric intake like most bodybuilders do, sugars are just fine.

Well, there are many bodybuilders who are not doing a good control of calories or their origin, mainly because they are looking to grow at any cost and because eating "artificial foods" is easier, cheaper and tastier.

That's how it's supposed to be and it's definitely what Atkins himself believed. And while I don't think it applies to most bodybuilders doing keto or a version of it, I think it incorrect about Atkins dieters in general. The sedentary who start a keto diet most likely do eat fewer calories to start, but not for long. They wind up eating as many if not more kcals than they were on a traditional diet once they get tired of meat, eggs, and vegetables, and start eating a lot more bags of pork rinds with cream cheese, Atkins food products, sugar free junk, etc.

Whenever the Atkins diet made one of its comebacks in 1998 or so, I was a waiter, and we had all you can eat prime rib once a week. I hadn't heard of Atkins at the time, and a couple having dinner told me about it, how it was making a comeback, was originally popular 20 years prior, etc. Dude was overweight, but said he had already lost 12 pounds in two weeks. He ate a shitload of fatty prime rib...certainly 3K kcals. Seems like appetite suppression didn't apply to him.

Certainly there is more in history than just cutting hydrates, some people, as you say, can still eat tons of meat and fat. These people must impose self-control and discover that they will be equally satiated eating a fraction of what they eat.

Atkins believed, and this is true for most, that the diet itself would exercise self-control and the dieter would be free of it.

Dude was overweight, but said he had already lost 12 pounds in two weeks. He ate a shitload of fatty prime rib...certainly 3K kcals. Seems like appetite suppression didn't apply to him.

Cutting carbs out results in very impressive results in the beginning, if you go by the scale, due to the water shift.
However, if you go by all the available data, there doesn't seem to be a metabolic advantage to cutting out carbs *as long as you equate protein intake* between diets with fats vs carbs for the rest of the alotted calories. Carbs are good for physical performance and the data, from what I've seen, says performance suffers if carbs are cut out altogether - though some maintain there will be metabolic adaptation that cancels this effect in the longer run. Whatever works for you, and what you can stick to, right. :)

A Palumbo cuts out all carbs whereas someone like Aceto believes in carbs with real low fats (from what I understand). I remember Aceto already 30 years ago saying how he thought that guys that kept fats in couldn't get that last bit of shreds. The low carb guys believe any insulin stimulated will necessarily make your body hold on to fat.

Regarding the glutamine mentioned a lot of older guys
seem to really believe in it, like George or even Dorian who says he still takes 20 grams. They don't care about any science, and hey, maybe it helps in various ways. Though it's interesting how science can affect supplement trends nowadays, for example with the shift from BCAAs to EAAs by a lot of supp companies, after studies say BCAAs are pretty worthless, perhaps even detrimental.

Jeff, Stewie, Jay, Lex, Gotgame etc ::ction-sm

Sugars should be controlled especially if someone has cancer. Nevertheless this guy comes out with so much crap. Coaches can be fantastic but to me it shows what a joke part of the "coaching industry" is. It's not hard to get someone in shape especially if they have great genetics. But you have guys paying these people $thousands due to their name. Yet some of these high profile names sprout nonsense all the time. I have just read a post on drugs from Nick Trigili for example :eek: Anyone who lies about being a cop also has some serious issues going on as well.

I personally eat a lot of fruit and think it's a great carb source. The word "moderation" usually applies in most situations. Everyone has a different approach and there are many ways to the same destination.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws