over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

George Mitchell

MLB should have taken care of this "in house" and not drag the US government and our tax dollars into their family squabbles. If my employee is accused of taking illegal drugs I am not calling my congressman and dragging his ass up to capital Hill. I mean come on MLB, quit squealing on the hand that feeds you. Everyone does it and you have known this for decades. Are you just upset that the NFL has surpassed you as Americas game? This will not endear you to the fans, it may just make it worse.

Completely agree with this.

MLB gets special anti trust exemptions and some other shit so Congress has every right to stick their nose in it and baseball did what it had to do to avoid Congress stepping in. Imagine how bad baseball would have looked if Congress appointed an investigator with the power to subpoena and the investigator managed to dig up even half of what was done, baseball would be fucked. They only have info from 2 trainers out of New York and they came up with how many names? Imagine if 2 trainers from each city where there is a major league baseball team got busted and had to cooperate as part of a plea agreement. How may names would there be then? How far back would it go? How much upper management would have gotten fingered? Baseball had a lot to lose as did the players. If Congress stepped in and said MLB has been doing a shitty job and now we're going to clean it up and passed it's own drug policy the players union couldn't fight it and say it wasn't collectively bargained which they can now and have done.

If anyone watched the press conference, in defense of George Mitchell, he was just doing his job that MLB hired him to do.He is not the "bad guy" here, MLB is. His job was to find out how extensive steroid use was in MLB. He has no opinion on what should happen to these players as far as hall of fame induction goes, does not want them prosecuted, just wants MLB to learn from his results. He was asked if legal action should be taken against the players and he said no way, what would that do? He does not believe in going after users, never has. He wants MLB to move on and just be aware of its problem. He was paid to do a job and he did it. This is how he came across to me.

MLB paid for the study, and not the federal government? I was under the impression that it was government run and sponsored.

it sickens me to see what a waste of time all of this is. I am proud to see my tax dollars being used for a great purpose.

The media really feeds into this. The day that the mitchell report was released our city's newspaper had it on the front page. 4 pages later, deep into the first section, was a story about how 40 people died in Iraq from a bombing, being the worst they have seen for a long time. Guess the mess in Iraq doesnt sell papers like the word steriods does.

well these personal trainers will no longer get a single athlete to train for sports now. What kind of trainer tells about someones personal use of anything or about their personal life? U think that these professional athletes will be a lil bit more selective in who their trainer is and what happens in the clubhouse?

gooey

well if I understood correctly, the trainers were caught/busted and had very little choice but to spill the beans. Well they had as choice BUT chose to cooperate to lessen their sentences. Someone correct this if my understanding is wrong.

In any case this is a joke...they wanted homeruns and high scoring games to get the fans back and it worked. What now they changed their mind? Retarded!!

In many ways, this is just an extention of a very common thought process held by too many people today. Expect the government to sovle all their problems. When in fact, usually, it is the problem.

Back in the 60's thru the 80's you can buy test and dianabol and syringes over the counter in USA, so who says that the old hall of fame baseball players didnt take any steroids???

It is not a resent problem, it is just a circus to make money get famous and get votes.

the goverment is involved because of the anti trust issues.. baseball wanted the benefits that would give them.. but, in doing so, they are open themselves to the federal goverment.. that is why the goverment stepped in years ago on baseball and had the hearings.. mlb did not want that attention but, the goverment dragged mcguire and numerous others into the hearings.. then teh whole thing snowballed from there.. so mlb may have asked mitchell to investigate but, the goverment stepped in and made this a huge deal years ago.. but, this is what baseball gets for being in bed with the federal goverment.. goverment can .. and did.. run roughshot all over them..

this is where mitchell started to get involved and tried to "strong arm" baseball.. www.abcnews.go.com/SPORTS/WIRESTORY?id=2805380&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312 you can see he has been after baseball awhile.. and was threatening to subeona players back in jan 07.. baseball "asked" him to check into it by being forced to do so ... mitchell has also in the past been noted for anti steroid comments.. i dont think he is after personal users.. but, his vendetta against steroids in baseball has put even more unwanted attention on personal users..

Last edited:
The whole situation disgusts me. Baseball will now go back into a slump it tried to dig itself out of over a decade ago.

The whole situation disgusts me. Baseball will now go back into a slump it tried to dig itself out of over a decade ago.

I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. Baseball is a $6 billion a year industry and they got their fans back. A decade ago baseball pissed a lot of people off because they went on strike in the middle of the season and cancelled the World Series. A lot of people were disgusted because your average person doesn't want to hear millionaires whine about money and how they aren't getting a big enough piece of the pie. The average person can't identify with them and homeruns/steroids brought them back and it will take a lot more than this little scandal to drive them away. Deep down people don't really give a shit. They just want to be entertained and have an escape and forget about everything for a couple of hours

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear