over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Get a flu shot!

BigDM

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well, I caught the flu a few weeks ago and it was a close call for me.

I woke up on a Saturday after struggling with the flu for several days. I had no appetite and wasn’t drinking nearly enough fluids. I just felt like crap all the time basically.

Anyways, I woke up and sat on the edge of our bed and suddenly felt extremely dizzy. I laid back down and then the next thing I know I feel as if I’m tumbling thru space and end up rolling off my bed, hit my head on the edge of our night stand and I’m on my knees next to the bed with blood running down my face and there was no way I was getting up. I yelled out to my wife who was in the shower and told her to call 911 and that something was wrong with me.

She called 911 and the EMT’s came over. They tried getting me up to walk to the ambulance, but that wasn’t happening. The next thing I know I’m on a stretcher and when they finally got me down to the driveway I had to throw up because I was so nauseous.

The next thing I know I’m in the ER and they are running IV’s, taking blood and hooking me up to a heart monitor and stitching up my cut above my right eye. They ran a bunch of tests and my white and red blood cell counts were good as well as my liver and kidney function. So, after I was there awhile they released me and my wife took me home.

My wife ended up calling 911 AGAIN a couple days later when I was home on the couch and was somewhat delusional. I was talking weird and not looking coherent I guess? The fire dept and paramedics came over and did a few checks on me and told her to keep filling me with fluids. After a few days of slamming lots of Pedialite down I finally started to break out of the fog….

I’m feeling A LOT better now and my appetite is through the rough (I lost 35 lbs) and energy levels back up! I’ve been devouring everything in sight. I've already gained 10 lbs in the last week and a half and haven't been on any gear since I got sick. My training begins next week, so I'm really looking forward to getting back in the gym and hitting it hard again.

So, I would strongly suggest if you haven't obtained a flu shot to do yourself a favor and GET ONE!

Stay strong and take care brothers :)

Ouch man, sounds like it REALLY hit you hard. Last time I had the flu was a few years ago. It was pretty easy...had it in the morning, was sick/puking all day, by the time I woke up the next morning I felt well enough to go back to work. What you went through sounds like a nightmare.

Glad to hear you're doing better man.

You think that you wouldn't have caught the flu if you had got the shot?

Theres a bad bug going around my house caught it even my dad who had the shot and it hit him the worst had to go to er and everything it is by far the worst thing ive ever had.

there are many strains of flu (influenza) the vaccines made for the use are only made to address a few strains, which is a rough guess based off what strains are in Asia during the spring. For millions of doses being given it is 100% worthless against what is going around. That`s just to address why a shot most likely would not have prevented your sickness, I`m not gonna waste more time on why the flu shot is dangerous and ineffective. Glad your feeling better

My mom has been in the hospital for three weeks. She went in with the flu which turned into pneumonia. The stuff is no joke.

Last two times I got the flu, it was as a result of the shot.

No thank you.

I get one every year. I have to for work.

Had H1N1 virus for 3 weeks. Lost 14 pounds. I wanted to die. Easily The sickest I have ever been in my life.

No proof flu shots work

From the manufacturer's insert...

Attachments

• flu truth.jpg
    flu truth.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 288
"Researchers, led by Vancouver's Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, noticed in the early weeks of the [2009 H1N1] pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-09 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot. Five studies done in several provinces showed the same unsettling results."

New Study Confirms: Flu Vaccine Really Does Increase Your Risk of Serious Pandemic Flu Illness

In March last year, ABC News reported:2

"There is renewed controversy surrounding influenza vaccines, with some studies showing people immunised against the seasonal flu might have been at greater risk during the swine flu outbreak...

'What was a bit surprising when we looked at some of the data from Canada and Hong Kong in the last year is that people who have been vaccinated in 2008 with the seasonal or ordinary vaccine seemed to have twice the risk of getting swine flu compared to the people who hadn't received that vaccine,' [Professor Collignon from the Australian National University] said.

ANU microbiologists say it is the opposite of what vaccines should do.

Professor Collignon says the findings of the study also highlight the benefits for healthy people who are exposed to some illnesses. 'Some interesting data has become available which suggests that if you get immunised with the seasonal vaccine, you get less broad protection than if you get a natural infection,' he said.

'It is particularly relevant for children because it is a condition they call original antigenic sin, which basically means if you get infected with a natural virus, that gives you not only protection against that virus but similar viruses or even in fact quite different flu viruses in the next year.'

'We may be perversely setting ourselves up that if something really new and nasty comes along, that people who have been vaccinated may in fact be more susceptible compared to getting this natural infection.'"

**broken link removed**!

No Value in Any Influenza Vaccine: Cochrane Collaboration Study

A remarkable study published in the Cochrane Library found no evidence of benefit for influenza vaccinations. It’s also damns the quality of flu vaccine studies by saying that the vast majority of trials were inadequate. The authors stated that the only ones showing benefit were industry-funded. They also pointed out that the industry-funded studies were more likely to be published in the most prestigious journals … and one more thing: They found cases of severe harm caused by the vaccines, in spite of inadequate reporting of adverse effects.

The study, Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults, is damning of the entire pharmaceutical industry and its minions: the drug testing industry and the medical system that both relies on and promotes them.

In the usual scientific journal style of understatement, the authors concluded:

The results of this review seem to discourage the utilisation of vaccination against influenza in healthy adults as a routine public health measure. As healthy adults have a low risk of complications due to respiratory disease, the use of the vaccine may be only advised as an individual protection measure against symptoms in specific cases.

The Study

The authors attempted to find and investigate every study that has evaluated the effects of flu vaccines in healthy adults aged 18-65. To this end, they “searched Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) (The Cochrane Library, 2010, issue 2), MEDLINE (January 1966 to June 2010) and EMBASE (1990 to June 2010).” They included 50 reports. Forty of them were clinical trials adding up to over 70,000 people. Two reported only on harmful effects and were not included in this study.  Studies of all types of influenza vaccines were included: live, attenuated, and killed—or fractions of killed—vaccines.

The primary outcomes they looked for were numbers and seriousness of influenza and influenza-like illnesses. They also looked at the number and seriousness of harms from the vaccines. The authors attempted to collect missing data by writing to the individual studies’ authors. They describe the response as “disappointing”. In the end, they included 50 studies and refused to use 92, mostly because of highly significant flaws, such as using inappropriate controls, not being randomly controlled trials, inconsistencies in data presented, lack of study design, unclear definitions, poor reporting, lack of crude data, and lack of placebo.

The authors found:

Vaccines administered parenterally, that is, outside the digestive tract—which generally means by injection—reduced influenza-like symptoms by only 12%.*They found no evidence that vaccination prevents viral transmission in healthy adults! (There goes the whole herd immunity argument!) This is particularly significant because, as they noted, inactivated vaccines are known to perform best in healthy adults.They also found no evidence that flu vaccines prevent complications, either. They attempted to ascertain the degree of complications, and though they did report on some, most of the studies simply did not address the issue or did so inadequately.

*Please note that the article originally read, “reduced influenza-like symptoms by only 4%”, which was incorrect. The figure has been changed to 12% to accurately reflect the study’s report.

Conclusions

The Cochrane study found very little evidence to support even a small improvement in time off work. Even that finding needs to be put into the context of industry influence. The authors wrote:

This review includes 15 out of 36 trials funded by industry (four had no funding declaration). An earlier systematic review of 274 influenza vaccine studies published up to 2007 found industry funded studies were published in more prestigious journals and cited more than other studies independently from methodological quality and size. Studies funded from public sources were significantly less likely to report conclusions favorable to the vaccines. The review showed that reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin but there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions and spurious notoriety of the studies. The content and conclusions of this review should be interpreted in light of this finding.

“…industry funded studies were published in more prestigious journals and cited more than other studies…”

“…reliable evidence on influenza vaccines is thin…”

“…there is evidence of widespread manipulation of conclusions…”

Most assuredly, the “content and conclusions of this review should be interpreted in light of this finding”!

Even without taking into account the shoddiness of the studies in general, the authors were still hard put to find any benefit of any sort for influenza vaccinations in healthy people. At best, they found a small decrease in number of days off work. They did not find that the vaccinations had any benefit whatsoever in complications or mortality.

In spite of the limited reporting on adverse effects, the authors did find some, including 1.6 Guillain-Barré cases per million.

The question that must be asked is: How can influenza vaccinations be justified when there is virtually no benefit—not even the oft-cited dubious herd-immunity—and cases of severe harm are documented, in spite of disgustingly limited reporting of adverse effects?

It is long past time to end the travesty of jabbing adults and children without a shred of evidence showing benefit in spite of trying to find it, and with evidence of crippling harm, in spite of trying to mask it.

No Value in Any Influenza Vaccine: Cochrane Collaboration Study | Gaia HealthGaia Health

You cannot get the flu from a flu shot. There are two kinds of licensed flu vaccines: an inactivated kind made with dead virus and one prepared with live “attenuated” virus. Neither is capable of reproducing in the human body. Those who say they got sick right after getting the shot most likely were already infected. Or they developed another viral infection unrelated to flu.

Also, the CDC says the vaccine has proved to be around 60% effective on average. After experiencing what I went through I'll take a 60% chance any day of the week.

Here's what the Mayo clinic has to say about the vaccine:

Flu shot: Your best bet for avoiding influenza - Mayo Clinic

Dude I am required to get the shot for work... guess what ive been sick with for a week the fing flu.... my reco stay on a moderate dose of test take your vitimins and dont over do it and you will be golden

You cannot get the flu from a flu shot. There are two kinds of licensed flu vaccines: an inactivated kind made with dead virus and one prepared with live “attenuated” virus. Neither is capable of reproducing in the human body. Those who say they got sick right after getting the shot most likely were already infected. Or they developed another viral infection unrelated to flu.

Also, the CDC says the vaccine has proved to be around 60% effective on average. After experiencing what I went through I'll take a 60% chance any day of the week.

Here's what the Mayo clinic has to say about the vaccine:

Flu shot: Your best bet for avoiding influenza - Mayo Clinic

Of course mayo clinic is going to say to get the flu shot. It's a hospital.
Looks like you know what's in the vaccine, so what about the mercury they found the vaccines? How is that good for us. That's just the start of it. I just started reading about this. I was like the norm get a flu shot to help prevent the illness, but recently got my kind changed by a friend.
Everyone do your own research before you but something in your body.

Sent from my iPhone

True Nutrition 5% off code RDZ747....

So you got the flu, fell out of bed and cut your eye, went to the ER and there was nothing wrong with you apart from the cut, went back home, called the paramedics again and again nothing wrong with you, but it was a close call lol!

Oh and we all need a flu shot now.

You had bad experience for sure but come on, a little dehydration probably and a good fever. Good to read you are feeling better though, really.

Last two times I got the flu, it was as a result of the shot.

No thank you.

haven't gotten the flu since I stopped getting the shot

this and this flu shots are way to sketchy last time i got one i got sick government is puttin something in there

tumblr_inline_mj8yxhDjNS1qz4rgp.gif

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity