over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Get a flu shot!

I work with people all day long that ALL got the flu shot and hardly NONE of them don't get it.

I'm glad you recovered BigDM

Uhm.... Your white blood cell count was good and you say you had the flu? That does not make sense whatsoever.

Getting a flu shot clearly will help you not get the flu. I think it is absurd to say it will allow you to get the flu easier. It's a scientifically made vaccine. They're not giving you water in a syringe or some bunk placebo. I get it every year and have never once had the flu.

So you got the flu, fell out of bed and cut your eye, went to the ER and there was nothing wrong with you apart from the cut, went back home, called the paramedics again and again nothing wrong with you, but it was a close call lol!

Oh and we all need a flu shot now.

You had bad experience for sure but come on, a little dehydration probably and a good fever. Good to read you are feeling better though, really.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Sure, I'm sure you felt like hell and like you were dying, but chances are you were very dehydrated and having a fever doesn't help. Dehydration can cause dizziness and hitting your head doesn't help.

The hospital didn't find anything wrong because other than just being extremely dehydrated and possibly having the flu there was most likely nothing wrong with you.

Glad you're feeling better, but you're making this situation sound a lot more extrememe than it really was. There was no close call, my friend. Truth is, men are pretty big Pussies when it comes to getting sick. I've seen it so many times over the past decade. Most guys turn into big babies when they get sick when compared to women.

They required us to get the flu shot at my work or walk around with a mask...after walking around with a mask for a few days and trying to talk like Bane, I opted for the flu shot ...haven't felt better to be honest.

With all the underground gear we each inject you guys are outraged over a flu shot?

Please tell me this is a secret Jon Stewart skit.

I just got my shipment from "XYZ Sponsor". The vials had very pretty labels and it was so smooth when I pinned it.

Attachments

• imagesfde.jpg
    imagesfde.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 77
"Researchers, led by Vancouver's Dr. Danuta Skowronski, an influenza expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, noticed in the early weeks of the [2009 H1N1] pandemic that people who got a flu shot for the 2008-09 winter seemed to be more likely to get infected with the pandemic virus than people who hadn't received a flu shot. Five studies done in several provinces showed the same unsettling results."

New Study Confirms: Flu Vaccine Really Does Increase Your Risk of Serious Pandemic Flu Illness

In March last year, ABC News reported:2

"There is renewed controversy surrounding influenza vaccines, with some studies showing people immunised against the seasonal flu might have been at greater risk during the swine flu outbreak...

'What was a bit surprising when we looked at some of the data from Canada and Hong Kong in the last year is that people who have been vaccinated in 2008 with the seasonal or ordinary vaccine seemed to have twice the risk of getting swine flu compared to the people who hadn't received that vaccine,' [Professor Collignon from the Australian National University] said.

ANU microbiologists say it is the opposite of what vaccines should do.

Professor Collignon says the findings of the study also highlight the benefits for healthy people who are exposed to some illnesses. 'Some interesting data has become available which suggests that if you get immunised with the seasonal vaccine, you get less broad protection than if you get a natural infection,' he said.

'It is particularly relevant for children because it is a condition they call original antigenic sin, which basically means if you get infected with a natural virus, that gives you not only protection against that virus but similar viruses or even in fact quite different flu viruses in the next year.'

'We may be perversely setting ourselves up that if something really new and nasty comes along, that people who have been vaccinated may in fact be more susceptible compared to getting this natural infection.'"

**broken link removed**!

You do realize that this was published in an Infomercial Selling OTC Immunity Supplements. Has anyone clicked on the provided link?

I encourage anyone who is anti-vaccine to study the science of vaccines. Vaccines are arguably the greatest accomplishment of mankind. I predict that one day a vaccine will exist that prevents (not cures) cancer.

And yes, the flu vaccine is an exercise of epidemiological probability. It can't cover all strains of the virus, but many remarkably smart and well educated people try to cover the most likely strains. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes not.

But the vaccine is a DEAD virus. You can't catch the flu from a dead virus. You can have a reaction to a vaccine.

Lex, you understand the science, you also work with people who are exposed to the sick as a vocation.

Last edited:
I work with people all day long that ALL got the flu shot and hardly NONE of them don't get it.

I'm glad you recovered BigDM

Thanks Lex! I didn't think my story or suggestion about getting a flu shot would get so much negative feed-back, but to each his own :)

Also, to those of you who don't think dehydration can become a serious issue, you are severely mistaken. It can lead to the following complications:

Swelling of the brain (cerebral edema)
Seizures
Low blood volume shock (hypovolemic shock)
Kidney failure
Coma and death

I lost over 30 lbs in less than 2 weeks, so I was in pretty bad shape.

Also, yes, I am a big pussy when it comes to getting sick, but the virus I had really kicked my ass and if I wouldn't have been taken to the ER it could have gotten much more serious.

Oh, and yes, women do handle getting sick better than most men :D

Last edited:
Screw the flu shot! Who knows what's in that shit. I bet there's stuff In there that will make you sicker years down the road... Medical industry and government = most shady people around

With all the underground gear we each inject you guys are outraged over a flu shot?

Please tell me this is a secret Jon Stewart skit.

I just got my shipment from "XYZ Sponsor". The vials had very pretty labels and it was so smooth when I pinned it.

I totally agree with you tricoach. Hmmm...no probs with putting ug gear in my body that was made who knows where and how, but screw putting a medically tested substance in my body made by a pharmacy with very minimal chances of complications and has the potential to prevent or at least minimize the effects of the flu virus.

I don't get it :confused:

Thanks Lex! I didn't think my story or suggestion about getting a flu shot would get so much negative feed-back, but to each his own :)

Also, to those of you who don't think dehydration can become a serious issue, you are severely mistaken. It can lead to the following complications:

Swelling of the brain (cerebral edema)
Seizures
Low blood volume shock (hypovolemic shock)
Kidney failure
Coma and death

I lost over 30 lbs in less than 2 weeks, so I was in pretty bad shape.

Also, yes, I am a big pussy when it comes to getting sick, but the virus I had really kicked my ass and if I wouldn't have been taken to the ER it could have gotten much more serious.

Oh, and yes, women do handle getting sick better than most men :D

Lol my wife says I turn in to the biggest puss when I get sick it cracks her up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you tricoach. Hmmm...no probs with putting ug gear in my body that was made who knows where and how, but screw putting a medically tested substance in my body made by a pharmacy with very minimal chances of complications and has the potential to prevent or at least minimize the effects of the flu virus.

I don't get it :confused:

Well not everyone uses UG gear. But to play devil's advocate, injecting gear, UG or otherwise, has a quantifiable and substantiable benefit. There is no conclusive evidence getting a flu vaccine does anything positive and there is credible evidence to the contrary. Seems like a poor comparison to me.

From the manufacturer's insert...

why would you keep the flu shot insert for over a year? That's from the 2011 2012 batch, com'on Tom garbage can is right next to your desk. Time to clean your desk drawers LOL

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

BigDM - Glad to hear you're ok. That shit is no joke.

I got the butt(h1n1) flu last time around and it kicked my ass. Took a good 3 weeks before I began to feel normal. I've been getting the flu shot ever since. Don't know if it works or not but it doesn't hurt to get vaccinated.
I did notice that after my flu shot this year I felt out of sorts for about a week.
Kind of sleepy and just generally feeling like I was about to get sick. I don't usually feel tired or sleepy in the afternoon but I took several mid day naps the week after my shot.:confused:

I've had the flu two times in my adult life. Both times I got it I never got a flu shot those years. So now I get one every year. I don't know if it works or not, but hey' I'm a recovering addict so with all the chemicals that been in this body a flu vaccine is the least of my worries.

You cannot get the flu from a flu shot. There are two kinds of licensed flu vaccines: an inactivated kind made with dead virus and one prepared with live “attenuated” virus. Neither is capable of reproducing in the human body. Those who say they got sick right after getting the shot most likely were already infected. Or they developed another viral infection unrelated to flu.

Also, the CDC says the vaccine has proved to be around 60% effective on average. After experiencing what I went through I'll take a 60% chance any day of the week.

Here's what the Mayo clinic has to say about the vaccine:

Flu shot: Your best bet for avoiding influenza - Mayo Clinic

Seriously? Already infected with no signs until the flu shot lol
60% success, haha
Hey, it's better than 50/50 right :rolleyes:

Getting a flu shot clearly will help you not get the flu. I think it is absurd to say it will allow you to get the flu easier. It's a scientifically made vaccine. They're not giving you water in a syringe or some bunk placebo. I get it every year and have never once had the flu.

"it's a scientifically made vaccine". Fantastic!!! What does that mean? TOM posted an insert that came with that "scientifically made vaccine" that said there is no evidence to show that it actually works! Scientifically made vaccine with scientific research showing that, scientifically, there is no scientific proof that it actually works! I guess the people getting sick are only doing so because of the "placebo effect". You know, it's engrained in us to think that we will get sick after getting the flu shot, so we do because of the placebo effect, right? :rolleyes:

You do realize that this was published in an Infomercial Selling OTC Immunity Supplements. Has anyone clicked on the provided link?

I encourage anyone who is anti-vaccine to study the science of vaccines. Vaccines are arguably the greatest accomplishment of mankind. I predict that one day a vaccine will exist that prevents (not cures) cancer.

TC, while much of what you write is amusing and I normally read it for a good laugh, I have to somewhat disagree with your above comment. I say Somewhat. Here's what I mean, I think that vaccines, for the most part, are good. BUT, when you put 20-30 and more vaccines in a single shot, well, there has to be a way to keep them stable, and that is the problem. It isn't the vaccine itself, rather what is used as the stabilizing agent. I do think people should get polio vaccines and MMR, but the flu, come on. Every single person that I know who has gotten the flu shot, somehow miraculously gets the flu. I'm not saying that the flu shot was the cause, but if you're going to get it anyways, why get the shot. I've never had the flu shot and in my 31 yrs on this earth have had the flu twice. Our bodies have that great thing called an immune system that is incredibly resilient.

**broken link removed**

They state that the virus in the vaccine is "inactive" and it's not possible to get the flue from this. They classify the flu in types A and B. Type B doesn't change much, but Type A does mutate rapidly. So while they can't always keep up with the mutation, what good will it do if that's what you end up with? Get my point? Then the 60% that the OP is counting on is a 50/50, the exact same chances of you getting the flu if you never got the vaccine.

The problem is that people throw the flu shot into the whole vaccine debate. The flu shot is all anecdotal. There is scientific research behind it, yes. But that scientific research saying that you can't get the flu from this shot also tells you that there is no way to say you won't get the flu anyways. There is a lot of coincidental cases of people getting the flu after getting the shot. So my question is, why get it? There's nothing to say you won't get it if you get the shot, so what's the point? Get a polio vaccine and you won't get polio, right? Get a flu shot and still run the risk of getting the flu. Not really good odds

And yes, the flu vaccine is an exercise of epidemiological probability. It can't cover all strains of the virus, but many remarkably smart and well educated people try to cover the most likely strains. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes not.

But the vaccine is a DEAD virus. You can't catch the flu from a dead virus. You can have a reaction to a vaccine.

Lex, you understand the science, you also work with people who are exposed to the sick as a vocation.

You may want to re-read what LEX said, he was NOT agreeing with you. His comment actually goes against what you're trying to say

Last edited:

I guess you didn't read the citations. Yeah that's it, just because it's a website that sells health products means that they're false quotes, from false studies and false citations.. That's right ignore the data, keep your head buried in the sand.

SMH

You may want to re-read what LEX said, he was NOT agreeing with you. His comment actually goes against what you're trying to say

richiec, I won't speak for LEX, but I believe he WAS agreeing with what I said.

LEX said he works with people who all got the flu shot and hardly none of them got the flu.

How is that going against what I said?

But the vaccine is a DEAD virus. You can't catch the flu from a dead virus. You can have a reaction to a vaccine. .

You don't "catch" the flu from the dead virus in the vaccine. The vaccine increases your susceptibility to the flu by lowering immunity to the flu.

Open your mind and broaden your horizons.

"A 2011 Journal of Virology study determined that flu shots can increase susceptibility to the flu by lowering immunity."

You May Be Better Off Without a Flu Shot | Lawrence Solomon

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner