over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GET OFF YOUR CELLPHONE IN THE GYM. A RANT WHAT PISSES YOU OFF

I just came back from the gym. I don't want to work in with any of those shitheads to be quite honest. I'm not on anything more then 10mins usually anyway and that's if I fall asleep in between sets lol. I train alone!

I just did 6 exercises, 18 sets total in 50mins.

Last edited:
THANKS EVERYONE

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad i'm not alone. Too bad we all didn't have our own gym. This stuff is common sense to us. Brothers in arms. Big J

Nothing pisses me off in the gym. I focus on the positive!...

But, if someone is doing monster sets on 3 diff pieces of equipment and I ask to work in and they say no, I just kindly help myself to whatever it is that I desire.

Nothing pisses me off in the gym. I focus on the positive!...

But, if someone is doing monster sets on 3 diff pieces of equipment and I ask to work in and they say no, I just kindly help myself to whatever it is that I desire.

Pick and choose your battles bro.

What pisses me off is someone using dumbbells doing standing curls etc. and both them and their gf have their jacket/hoodie, water bottles etc. all over the fkin bench next to them that they're not using :banghead:

Haha you can tell the people who don't let you work in between sets are new to the gym and don't understand that means you want to share and not kick them off.

I think your right about this. The last couple times I've asked to work in with someone, they just gave me a weird look and said "take it, I'm done" I was being nice, but I think they were thinking I wanted them off the machine.

One of my gyms has a no cell phone policy.

I do not have a job that allows me to miss certain calls. Each call is not squat. However, I cannot ascertain ahead of time which ones allow me to survive. Thus, if I take a call with a partner, I walk away and its his set. If I take a call by myself, it is 90 seconds between sets or give up my rack.

PWood

The phone thing pisses me off. Or the "trainers" training groups of ppl at once using up all of the stations.

The phone thing pisses me off. Or the "trainers" training groups of ppl at once using up all of the stations.

I agree. The group trainer taking up a bunch of equipment is enough to piss anyone off.

Yuppppp had something like this happen to me about 5 days ago. Someone was on the hack squat machine and I was like okay no biggie I moved onto a few different exercises , I come back about 10 mins later and this guy is still on the thing . The man using the machine looked to be about late 20's , skinnyfat, and had on a extra small shirt it looked like to show off his 12 inch arms. He took what seemed to be 5 min rests between each set just playing on his phone. I just started blatantly staring at him and he finally got off.

I am generally really chilled, patient and well mannered. I open/hold doors for people and help people and don't lose my temper. But in the gym if someone is a dick I am really bad. You get loads of guys over here using multiple machines but chatting on the phone or walking off to chat to people. It happens anywhere but over here for some reason it is really common (everyday). I just use the machine and throw their towel on the next piece of equipment. Most of the time I can't speak their language but they get the point.

Some of the personal trainers can be bad too. I was leg pressing the other week (just got on) and he comes over and says can you get off as he wants to use it. I later realize he isn't even training him properly and they are more chatting to eachother whilst the guy trains. I have seen a few of them do it to girls and the girls will get off and use something else. I would usually be polite but both of them are complete dicks so I just said he can work in with me but I am going heavy and he won't be able to lift it so no point.

I have seen guys leave their towels on equipment for most of my workout (an hour) whilst they chat to their mates. The worst is when I say to people work in with me and they say no and just stand there staring at me for ages until I am done. Plus these are not guys being aggressive they just don't have a clue.

I am generally really chilled, patient and well mannered. I open/hold doors for people and help people and don't lose my temper. But in the gym if someone is a dick I am really bad. You get loads of guys over here using multiple machines but chatting on the phone or walking off to chat to people. It happens anywhere but over here for some reason it is really common (everyday). I just use the machine and throw their towel on the next piece of equipment. Most of the time I can't speak their language but they get the point.

Some of the personal trainers can be bad too. I was leg pressing the other week (just got on) and he comes over and says can you get off as he wants to use it. I later realize he isn't even training him properly and they are more chatting to eachother whilst the guy trains. I have seen a few of them do it to girls and the girls will get off and use something else. I would usually be polite but both of them are complete dicks so I just said he can work in with me but I am going heavy and he won't be able to lift it so no point.

I have seen guys leave their towels on equipment for most of my workout (an hour) whilst they chat to their mates. The worst is when I say to people work in with me and they say no and just stand there staring at me for ages until I am done. Plus these are not guys being aggressive they just don't have a clue.

Me too, I get frustrated with the Hunter/Gatherer guys that mark territory and don't use half of it. I cant stand when guys don't respect everyone else's time.

I go to the gym to train and de-stress - not get worked up and pissed.

I try not to get worked up over things I don't control, but this is what pisses me off. That's the one power rack in the gym, and you know why it's taped off? Because the mirror broke. I guess it was easier to put an out of order sign on it than to slide it away from the wall. That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Honestly I'm an impatient jerk. Although I'm getting better as I get older, 44 now. The only thing that really annoys me are the New Year Resolution people. Can't wait until March every year so the gym is back to normal. I ask a guy how many sets they have left. If they say one or two, I'll just wait. If they more or I just started. I'll ask to work in. I've never had anyone say no. My gym is pretty good. Most of us regulars know each other.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear