over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

getting ground down to a nub

Gators

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Let's see:
- friend and business partner dying of cancer, it will be any day now
- mother been fighting for her life w/ lymphoma and breast cancer (outlook is improving though, but it's been a battle). Was with her and Dad and Sister in Houston at MD Anderson, great hospital, but freaking depressing.
- Bank pissed off at my Mom because she had to shut her Ad Agency down due to her illness, had to end up declaring bankruptcy, now this prick bank is threatening to call a note on me on my business, which would ultimately put me out of business (well, one of my 2 businesses)
- 21 yr old Daughter got a DUI up at where she's at college
- 15yo daughter's good friend just died in car crash
- my (almost ex) wife is maybe wanting to try again, has me all f'd up, she had an affair w/ a much younger co worker, so it's got me so damn freaking confused.

When it rains it pours. I keep hearing that God will not give us more than we can handle, but damn, i think my plate is about full. Think seeing my partner dying has me shook up the most, think i inadvertently listed them in the order that they're kicking my ass.

Just needed to vent.

Gator,

There isn't anything I can say that changes what you're going through.
It's never intended for us to know all of God's plans. Sometimes just His love is all we can hold on to for comfort. Know that He loves you!
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your partner and his loved ones. We are here for you!

May God be with you my friend!

Renewlyf

Gator, this won't help you a damn bit with your formidable challenges. But hopefully it brings a smile. And in honor of you, it's my new Avatar.

Attachments

• tinkywpurse.jpg
    tinkywpurse.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Prayers for you, sir.

Let's see:
- friend and business partner dying of cancer, it will be any day now
- mother been fighting for her life w/ lymphoma and breast cancer (outlook is improving though, but it's been a battle). Was with her and Dad and Sister in Houston at MD Anderson, great hospital, but freaking depressing.
- Bank pissed off at my Mom because she had to shut her Ad Agency down due to her illness, had to end up declaring bankruptcy, now this prick bank is threatening to call a note on me on my business, which would ultimately put me out of business (well, one of my 2 businesses)
- 21 yr old Daughter got a DUI up at where she's at college
- 15yo daughter's good friend just died in car crash
- my (almost ex) wife is maybe wanting to try again, has me all f'd up, she had an affair w/ a much younger co worker, so it's got me so damn freaking confused.

When it rains it pours. I keep hearing that God will not give us more than we can handle, but damn, i think my plate is about full. Think seeing my partner dying has me shook up the most, think i inadvertently listed them in the order that they're kicking my ass.

Just needed to vent.

Prayers bro.. i know how you feel.. when it rains it definitely comes a flood.. im in the same boat just with differeng things right now and am close to "giving up"... never thought id ever feel this way but damn.. not going to hijack your thread though bro just wanted to let you know i know the feeling... best wishes brother

Gator, this won't help you a damn bit with your formidable challenges. But hopefully it brings a smile. And in honor of you, it's my new Avatar.

Right on, it did bring a smile to my face! Actually, picked up my daughter from school, went and opened up a checking account for her, then we're going to the pizza joint and then a movie (Lord help me with what she selects) from Redbox.

Point is sometimes when I focus on what's wrong, i turn into Eeyore, i just need to continue to look at the good things in my life, and of course continuing to work my Program (AA).

Right on, it did bring a smile to my face! Actually, picked up my daughter from school, went and opened up a checking account for her, then we're going to the pizza joint and then a movie (Lord help me with what she selects) from Redbox.

Point is sometimes when I focus on what's wrong, i turn into Eeyore, i just need to continue to look at the good things in my life, and of course continuing to work my Program (AA).

You are acknowledging your short comings and doing something about them! That is progress!
Maybe OTH will acknowledge his in the other thread :eek: ;)
Joke :D

Keep your head up gators. That sounds like a ton of things going on and im truly sorry to hear it. I hope and pray everything works out for the best.

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

'When adversity strikes, my message is always, Even this will pass...and better days than we have ever experienced will come.' ~Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

I can't run from God, so I let God run me.

:)

You are in my prayers bro. Keep pressing on. A marriage can survive almost anything with work and forgiveness.

That's a boatload. Take comfort in knowing that posting or talking about it (even if just in here) is a positive sign that you are coping for better or worse with these matters. I'm never one for the cliche' "when life gives you lemons" or "when you're at the bottom, there's no where to go but up" type stuff but let me tell you a story.

There's an ancient Hebrew saying that whose origins come from a servant who was charged a difficult task by a rich and famous king. He was ordered to find a magic ring that would make the wearer happy if he be poor, and sad if he were rich. The servant was a good servant and he searched all the kingdoms and finding no such ring, returned to his city having failed his mission in time for Sukkot (a Hebrew holiday). Finding an old beggar on the street wearing rags and selling old rings, he told the beggar his sad tale and the beggar picked up an old ring and wrote an inscription onto the ring and handed it to the servant. The servant smiled and rushed back to the rich king. The king's smile soon turned to a frown when he read "This too shall pass."

The events of today are shaping your tomorrow. We grow and get stronger not from the ease of life but from the adversities we overcome. You are intelligent, witty, surely well-hung, and you WILL get through this. Do not be afraid to lean on a friend, a pastor, priest, psych, whatever. It's not always what they can do for you but often just that you are moving in a positive direction FOR YOURSELF. Maybe it seems impossible at times but you must overcome these things. And you will. You will do it for yourself so that you can be there for (and enjoy) all those wonderful people you just mentioned.

Last edited:
Well, my good friend and business partner died Thursday, but he's not suffering anymore, he was completely at peace. It really still hasn't fully hit me yet, but i'm sure it will at the services Mon and Tues.

Yeah, it's been a bit rough, but i keep focusing on what i can change, and on the positives, and strangely enough, i have serenity through all this. Pretty cool.

What's very interesting is a fog has lifted off of me in the business arena, like all of a sudden my head is swimming with viable ideas. Working on 3 new ventures, all i believe are very viable, one has potential to really be a big hit, i haven't been this stoked in years.

Sometimes life gets real shitty but it can only get better. These words won't really help you I know but things will improve eventually, you've got your kids and your health. Sorry to hear about your mum and partner, wish there was something I could say but there isn't. The old cliché is true time is a great healer. Your pm family will be here to support too, you should pop into the life support thread if it's still going

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity