over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting sick during contest prep

plang

Kilo Klub Member
Any one deal with something similar? I'm pretty sure I gave the beginnings of a sinus infection...just started my antibiotics tonight..I dud my usual fasted cardio this morning and threw up after because of drainage si I decided to take off from working out...I usually train six days a week....partly because I recover better from short quick workouts. Luckily for me I'm a bit ahead in prep...glutes are almost in (bottom 3/4 striated completely)

Anyone deal with something similar? I hate missing a couple days this close out but obviously I need to balance things being so lean. I'm taking about 6-8 grams of vitamin c...any other supps suggested? What about cardio? Lay off too? Any help appreciated. Srry for the run on short story.

It happens a LOT. Your immune system is in a pretty vulnerable position while prepping and obviously the more aggressive you are, the more chance something will hit you.

I came off of a show in 03 and got shingles at 33 years old. I didn't think much of it and took my time to get to the Doctor and I will regret it for the rest of my life. The nerve branch was so damaged by the virus that it couldn't regenerate so not only was it the most painful thing I have dealt with in my lifetime but every 20-30 seconds since that happened in July of 03, day or night, and until I die, I get what feels like shocked or electrocuted in that nerve branch. It constantly switches from itching to being painful as if it is confused as to what signal should be sent. It is terrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Well, almost anyone.

I think a lot of times we get so focussed on the task at hand - getting as conditioned as possible - and we kind of put our health on the back burner. Don't make the mistake that I made.

Skip

Yikes! Thanks for the reply skip....my girl friend who just had a show Saturday started to get an itchy throat and headache tonight as well....I started amox-clav 875 tonight and I'm going to take off from work in the morning to sleep in...which I think is part of the problem as my sleep has been usually 3-5 hrs max with an hour nap in the middle of the day.

Yes, be sure to get as much sleep as you can right now but know that during the prep you won't usually need as much sleep and that is normal. The leaner you are, your need for sleep changes to where you usually need much less than when your body fat is higher. Essentially, the leaner you are the more efficient your sleep is. Still, you are going to want as much as you can get right now to stave off whatever you are fighting.

Skip

Thanks for the reassurance skip...hopeully next year I will be utilizing you services for the jr usa's....I'm really trying to figure out my body on my own at the local shows and than hand the info over to someone like yourself tontake my body to the next level....a few things I've learned this prep....stayig away from failure an keepig reps higher 10-15 vs 6-10 helps me grow and not over train while dieting....when I do extreme failure techniques when I'm lean I pay or it (Sunday I did a triple drop set on squats and voilà I was sick Monday morning).....especially as I get older (27) I need more recovery. I broke my fever last night but I'm still gonna spend all day in bed and maybe around 4 hit some quick chest and go home.

Any one deal with something similar? I'm pretty sure I gave the beginnings of a sinus infection...just started my antibiotics tonight..I dud my usual fasted cardio this morning and threw up after because of drainage si I decided to take off from working out...I usually train six days a week....partly because I recover better from short quick workouts. Luckily for me I'm a bit ahead in prep...glutes are almost in (bottom 3/4 striated completely)

Anyone deal with something similar? I hate missing a couple days this close out but obviously I need to balance things being so lean. I'm taking about 6-8 grams of vitamin c...any other supps suggested? What about cardio? Lay off too? Any help appreciated. Srry for the run on short story.
throughout your entire diet (actually all year long) you should be taking vit.C and a B complex twice daily, once in the morning and once before bed. works miracles... got this from G. Farah. Haven't been sick in over 3 yrs now.

BRO GETTING SICK WHILE YOU NEED TO BRING OUT YOUR BEST, SUX. I FEEL FOR YOU. IM ONE OF THOSE BELIEVERS IN MANY FOLK REMEDIES DUE TO MY DECADES OF MARTIAL ART TRAINING- DESPITE THE LACK OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH- SO I NORMALLY US E MANY HERBS AND TEAS THAT ARE COMMON IN ARUVEDIC AND CHINESE HERBAL MEDICINE. THEY EVEN MAKE THESE COMPOUNDS AVAILABLE IN PILL FORM AND REFER TO THEM AS ,"IMMUNE BUILDERS" CHECK EM OUT, SUPPLEMENT WITH GLUTAMINE- GOOD FOR THE IMMUNE SYSTEM. PROTIEN CONTRIBUTES TO BUILDING IMMUNITY TO INFECTION. ALL THE VARIABLE THAT ARE NEEDED- DIET / REST ETC. MAKE SURE YOU NEVER LEAVE THEM OUT. MOST OF US THAT ENGAGE IN MANY EXTRA CURRICULAR PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES PLACE ALOT OF STRAIN ON THE SYSTEM. WE NEED REST . IM CONSIDERED AN OLD MAN BY THOSE THAT JUST LOOK AT MY AGE- BUT IVE BEEN IN THIS GAME FOR SOME TIME. BODYBUILDING CAN BE THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH, BUT THERE ARE NUMEROUS REASONS IT CAN KILL YA. JUST MAKE SURE YOU PLAN FOR REST. IF YOU FEEL TIRED TAKE AN EXTRA REST DAY OR TRAIN LESS INTENSE FOR A DAY OR TWO- ONCE YOU GET YOUR STRGHNTH BACK YOULL MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME

I'm all for trying anything....wether it be a pharamcuetical, OTC med, or even a vodoo witch spell at this point...being a bit older and smarter (just a bit) I know to take it a bit easier the net few days...it's just extra hard wen I'm in the best shape o my life and want to push the envelope even further.

Just don't veer too far away from the training that got you that size. Dance with the one that brought ya. ;)

Skip
Thanks for the reassurance skip...hopeully next year I will be utilizing you services for the jr usa's....I'm really trying to figure out my body on my own at the local shows and than hand the info over to someone like yourself tontake my body to the next level....a few things I've learned this prep....stayig away from failure an keepig reps higher 10-15 vs 6-10 helps me grow and not over train while dieting....when I do extreme failure techniques when I'm lean I pay or it (Sunday I did a triple drop set on squats and voilà I was sick Monday morning).....especially as I get older (27) I need more recovery. I broke my fever last night but I'm still gonna spend all day in bed and maybe around 4 hit some quick chest and go home.

Any particular brand bboy?
with vitamins i just go with whatever, although if its a cheaper brand then i take a lil extra, if its a good well trusted brand then i go with the dose that was recommended to me.

There is a "schedule" Dante posted a long time ago- Included i believe vitamin c, olive leaf, astragulus(?)

Maybe he will post it again- I had a bad immune system several years ago and added a few things from it and it worked great.

Here is the posting from doggcrapp

Besides the staples like protein powder/creatine etc

For Immune System (mine has always been subpar until i hit this key stack)
Astralagus
Oliveleaf extract
Beta Glucans

For overall health
multivitamin
vitamin E
cal mag zinc

For control of prolactin levels (and health reasons) the following 2 supplements
Vitex
Bit B-6

For heart health and a myriad of other factors
1)Coenzyme Q10 (saw recently where 70% of studied heart attack patients had a distinct deficiency-and also anyone on Lipotor or statin drugs should note that those compounds wipe out coenzyme q10 almost completely)
2)green tea extract

For digestion (thanks to Massive G for helping me on some of this--improved my digestion immensely)
ginger root (digestion and anticoagulant)
acidophilus (with pectin)
metamucil (once a day powder in one of my early day protein shakes)
papaya/bromelain

For Joint health
chrondroit/glucosamine

I believe anyone using super supplements (and even those who dont) should be supplementing with the top 3 of the following items or they are comprimising their health
1)Niacin (ldl/hdl ratio)
2)Omega Fish oils EPA DHA (3 grams a day same as rex said above)
3)sylmarin
4)avena sative and nettle root (for shbg levels)

thats me personally but i put in bold what i feel strongly about that people should be taking

Awesome....those definitely aren't supps I run across too often...I suppose a vitamin shoppe type place would carry that. Gonna bookmark this page for the other info as well. Thanks a ton.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws