over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting through an Injury??

Simon_454

Registered
I'm currently suffering some major lower back pain which is stemming from what I believe to be a hip impingement. I'm thinking about laying off training for a month entirely to see if the issue will resolve itself. I've gotta say pretty bummed, Ive been fighting this for quite sometime now, I've been training for over 9 years and have never had to take more than a week off, guess I could consider myself pretty lucky.

Im just looking for some inspiration, Id like to hear some other people's battles with injuries and how you overcame them. I know it's only a month and who knows could be longer but when you eat sleep and breath bodybuilding a month can seem like forever...

I've had many strains, sprains, tears, and even surgeries. While this isn't a great intro for someone offering advice, I'd say throughout this, I've learned to work around injuries.

The dumb often injured guy (myself) would tell you to try to avoid anything that exacerbates the pain and work what you can. If the hip is bothering you, why would you abstain from bench press, pullups, lat pulldowns, curls,etc?

Keep your head up and stay motivated. Focus hard on your other body parts!

My lower back is so inflamed to the point that I can't even load plates on the bar without irritating it Ive been working around it and it just won't heal which leaves me to think my body just needs a break

Take the time you need, but see a physical therapist while you do it, do what they recommend and come back 100%.

Otherwise it will recur forever...I have way too many injuries I should have managed earlier

Had the same thing happen to me and I began a stretching routine, hams, glutes, low back etc, and included very light back macine extensions to put a little blood in there. I am certain this caused it to heal faster and now I stretch EVERY SINGLE DANG DAY and my lower back feels amazing. I also used aleve a lot as well btw. I did lay off any type of training that put any amount of strain on the low back.

I had chronic back for 10 years. I kept on lifting and "working around," resting, trying different remedies, etc...

best advice I can give you is see a doc, get an MRI.

Turns out I have a herniated disc that's messing with my nerve and screwing up the c3-4, 4-5, and 5-6. 10 years i've been living with this shit, now it's about to get resolved. If i had only gone earlier, who knows..

If its that inflamed, go see a doc and get the ball rolling. Hopefully it'll be something simple and youll be back in action sooner than later.

OP, stay out of the gym.

2 years ago I decided to work out even though my back was pretty tight...that was the last time I felt that good again lol! Since then it's pain every minute and a greatly reduced quality of life: no more sitting comfortably, walking is a chore, haven't been able to read well b/c half my brain is on the pain all the time, and oh yeah I'm smaller weaker and fatter now. I'd give anything to have just rested for 2 weeks!

Don't workout. Do see a doctor. Don't stretch until you see a dr or you may do damage. Walking is the most I'd recommend, and that's after a 2 days of idleness.

Ronnie even took a few months off during his career, and Levrone was mostly just chillin (some say). You'll be fine.

My lower back is so inflamed to the point that I can't even load plates on the bar without irritating it Ive been working around it and it just won't heal which leaves me to think my body just needs a break

If that's the case then I definitely agree with the others. Take your time and heal up. Your body is obviously telling you that it needs a break. Not a bad idea seeing the doc either. Knowing what is causing the issue will help you to deal with the recovery.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws