over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting Winded Easily

I came across some research that said this is actually good, and a sign that in you're in better shape.

The idea is that a fit body quickly perceives the increase in workload, and immediately adjusts all systems to (a) efficiently continue that workload (b) quickly recover from that workload.

The problem is that the body has no way of knowing that you're running up a single flight of stairs, as opposed to 50 flights.

The out of shape body does not respond to the stimulus nearly as quickly. The out of shape body can't continue the effort as long, nor does it recover as quickly.

Carrying around more weight than normal definitely makes a huge difference. Putting on my hockey skates leaves me huffing and puffing at anything over 210 lbs (5'9") but I'm still in fairly good shape.

But have you guys ever had your hematocrit checked?
I definitely get winded easier when anadrol is in the picture, I would assume because of the increase in RBC count.

High hematocrit can leave you winded, intolerant to heat, and cause excessive sweating.

I mean no offense in this at all. I support what you guys do wholeheartedly - but what you must realize is that your heart is a muscle also, and in order to be endurance fit, you have to train that way. I'm an endurance athlete that is interested in PED's for different purposes than you are and I can tell you that the time you spend in the gym I train double on a bike - if not more. Doing a tread mill for a couple of hours a week may not even be training your heart if you haven't determined your heart rate zones. You are simply carrying more stress than what your heart has been trained to handle. If you were super endurance fit - you probably wouldn't be able to put that much muscle on the first place. Your heart can't tell if you're obese or muscular.

Carrying around more weight than normal definitely makes a huge difference. Putting on my hockey skates leaves me huffing and puffing at anything over 210 lbs (5'9") but I'm still in fairly good shape.

I definitely get winded easier when anadrol is in the picture, I would assume because of the increase in RBC count.

High hematocrit can leave you winded, intolerant to heat, and cause excessive sweating.

I haven't had my hemocrit checked but it must be high because I get winded easily, I am incredibly intolerant to ANY heat whatsoever, and I sweat like crazy!

I am on 100mg of anadrol a day though so that could be part of it.

Actually an abnormally high hematocrit makes the blood thick which makes the heart work harder - but if you are a super fit athlete - a higher hematocrit will increase your endurance. This is why every top tour cyclist dopes with EPO, and different anabolics. If it winded them they wouldn't be able to climb mountains day in and day out. If it gets abnormally high then you have problems.

I think anyone man who puts on weight for a particular reason, deals with this. I have been 190 whole life. Played football at that weight. No breathing problems. Now i am 225. And have noticed at times i am out of breath. With normal cardio sessions. It did go away when i mixed up my cardio. Doing a wide variety of things. Like a athlete. Not a bodybuilder. A big improvment. Mix up that cardio guys. Do all types of stuff. Might improve your breathing.

Concerned

Hey PI,

Bro, I read lots of threads that I find a little scary, and usually never chime in.

But your post hits way too close to home, for me to ignore.

About 2 1/2 years ago, my Cardio Dr thought I should get a stress test, it had been a few years since I had one. No big deal. The day before the test was leg day, so off I went to the gym to do 15x15 leg presses. Felt great, went heavy, and did 30 mins of relatively easy cardio after.

Anyways, long story short.......I failed the stress test.
A few days later, I had a cardiac catheterization done, thinking I might need a stint.

3 days later.........triple by-pass.

I can clearly remember the short of breath incidents you describe. Thought nothing of it, quite honestly.

I'm not an alarmist by any means. But............................
Do the right thing Brother, call the Dr.

It's nothing to mess around with. Probably nothing, but you never know.

Peace,

MT

Hey PI,

Bro, I read lots of threads that I find a little scary, and usually never chime in.

But your post hits way too close to home, for me to ignore.

About 2 1/2 years ago, my Cardio Dr thought I should get a stress test, it had been a few years since I had one. No big deal. The day before the test was leg day, so off I went to the gym to do 15x15 leg presses. Felt great, went heavy, and did 30 mins of relatively easy cardio after.

Anyways, long story short.......I failed the stress test.
A few days later, I had a cardiac catheterization done, thinking I might need a stint.

3 days later.........triple by-pass.

I can clearly remember the short of breath incidents you describe. Thought nothing of it, quite honestly.

I'm not an alarmist by any means. But............................
Do the right thing Brother, call the Dr.

It's nothing to mess around with. Probably nothing, but you never know.

Peace,

MT

I have a doctor appointment soon for other things so I'll run this by him. I'm only 29 years old so I'd hate to think I am that out of shape. Like I said, I can run miles on end without any issues at all, it's just that it doesn't take much for me to break out in a sweat or get winded.

Adding to the side effects of being huge, anybody notice having a much higher skin temperature (not body temp obviously since everybody is about the same regardless) because of all the muscle mass? Like for instance, anytime I am cuddled up next to my girlfriend I will have us both sweating within a few minutes, or the fact that anything at or above 45 F is T-shirt weather to me because I do not feel cold at all. It's fall time and I see people in sweaters and jackets and think to myself what is wrong with me, if I wore something like that I'd be sweating balls.

Yea, big problem for me is that during squats, my quads have reps left in them but my lungs are screaming. Im thinking about albuterol prior.
Do you guys have this problem while lifting. Lungs give out before muscle

I just started climbing stairs weighted. This should help you build up lung capacity(guess).

Adding to the side effects of being huge, anybody notice having a much higher skin temperature (not body temp obviously since everybody is about the same regardless) because of all the muscle mass? Like for instance, anytime I am cuddled up next to my girlfriend I will have us both sweating within a few minutes, or the fact that anything at or above 45 F is T-shirt weather to me because I do not feel cold at all. It's fall time and I see people in sweaters and jackets and think to myself what is wrong with me, if I wore something like that I'd be sweating balls.

I think this has to do with AAS. When I was on, I was never cold and would run errands in shorts all the time. I came off and was cold like a little girl. I also had an extremely high pain tolerance when in, so I might have been cold but just not cared.

I get that when I'm on tren OR if I go up to 290s. I could push some weights but I feel like crap...

I am the EXACT same way and that's regardless of whether I am on AAS or not. Off cycle my blood pressure is normal but even when it's 40 degrees out I am still wearing shorts and a t-shirt and complaining how hot it is.

My girlfriend has to put a blanket between us when we cuddle because I sweat so much at night even with the fans on.

Some meds cause temperature regulation issues also. I'm talking meds that are prescribed by your doc... I noticed some changes in thermoregulation when i started a beta blocker for my blood pressure. Check your blood pressure if your big!!!! Hypertension has few symptoms!

Blood pressure is good but I had to stop taking the anadrol because that stuff was putting me over the top in regards to body heat.

Actually an abnormally high hematocrit makes the blood thick which makes the heart work harder - but if you are a super fit athlete - a higher hematocrit will increase your endurance. This is why every top tour cyclist dopes with EPO, and different anabolics. If it winded them they wouldn't be able to climb mountains day in and day out. If it gets abnormally high then you have problems.

Sure, but are most of the guys on here "super fit athletes?" You can be lean and huge but still have poor cardiovascular endurance I know that first hand. Lifting weights 3-7 days a week and a few cardio sessions here and there doesn't equate to being a cyclist, not to mention they aren't carrying around an extra 50-100+lbs of lean mass on their frames which certainly contributes.

Hematocrit likely the culprit for the thermointolerance and profuse sweating, but hemoglobin should be watched too. And you can have high hemoglobin levels even if your hematocrit is in the normal range.

High hemoglobin can decrease oxygen delivery to peripheral tissues which more likely explains the shortness of breath especially when EQ and anadrol are used, although just about any steroid will increase both RBC and hemoglobin to some extent.

I would aim to keep hematocrit under 46% if you can, and watch your hemoglobin closely as well...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws