over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GF Very Discouraged with Progress

Another thing not mentioned is whether she's doing steady state cardio or interval style. Steady state does nothing to increase excess postexercise oxygen consumption(EPOC). So once you're done on the treadmill you're done burning calories. Only interval and resistance training increases EPOC.

Another thing is it looks like you're training her with the idea of not "getting her too bulky". Women just don't have the hormones to get bulky. If she's one of the rares ones that puts mass on easily it's easy to back off. That's like saying I don't want to do sprints, because I don't want to win a 100M gold medal. Joe Dowdell is a trainer in New York that has trained Victoria Secret models and SI Swimsuit Models. He has the girls doing deadlifts and squats, not "innie machine and leg presses". He has them pushing a Prowler sled while most women are on the treadmill.

yeah I dont care what race you are..what gender...what your weight or height is...or what your goals are...if you are training with weights...you need to be doing dead lifts and squats.

Looks like she might be eating a bit too much. What are the total grams of protein, carbs, and fat in a day? (if you don't know, that's probably part of the problem).

Agreed, probably way too much protein also, I'd recommend 10-12g of protein per meal maximum. My wife is a competitive bodybuilder, growing well on 15g/meal, naturally, anything more and she gets fat from the protein, even with corresponding reduction in carbs...

Sorry if this has been answered, I did not read the whole thread!

Agreed, probably way too much protein also, I'd recommend 10-12g of protein per meal maximum. My wife is a competitive bodybuilder, growing well on 15g/meal, naturally, anything more and she gets fat from the protein, even with corresponding reduction in carbs...

Sorry if this has been answered, I did not read the whole thread!

So you're saying too much protein for a woman just turns to fat basically?

1 month after kigs my jaw/hands were sore

Too many calories, whether they come from carbs, fats, or protein, are going to be stored as fat. This holds true for men or women.

Definitely, your body is perfectly happy turning protein to fat. Look at it this way, if you don't utilize the protein for building and repair, it is metabolized and burned as energy or stored as fat. Also, eating more protein than you need just means you have to eat too little carbs and fat. Most people will have a much easier time dieting on 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat than on 60/20/20. Unless you are doing a ketosis diet, I don't think you should ever eat more protein than carbs.

Most of us are so afraid of losing muscle mass that we over due the protein, unnecessarily. Also you hear things like, protein takes more energy to digest so it speeds the metabolism, which is true, except that is already calculated in the 4 calories/gram formula (protein actually has 5 calories/gram, but 20% is lost in digestion).

Remember, less protein means more carbs and carbs are protein sparing.

Good info here but my gf works 2 jobs 1 full time and 1 part time and also in school full time. To get at least 7hrs sleep each night she doesn't have the time in the day to do cardio 5-7 days a week and the same day also have time to do a weight lifting routine, it's one or the other for that particular day with her current schedule.

When she's on break from school won't be an issue but spring break is only a week or so long and summer is a ways away. I have her weight training 4 days a week and cardio 3 days a week. If something does change in her schedule which it happens time to time she will do cardio a 4th day if possible on a weight lifting day.

Her time is in the morning which we both wake up around 5:45am to start our days. This is when she either does fasted cardio for an hour straight or wakes up, drinks a protein shake with a banana or some yogurt with mixed granola, then weight lifts. Then she starts her day at work all day or school all day literally until 7pm. After work comes home to help make dinner and we're in bed by 9:30pm, couple of old people here, haha! As you can see, unfortunately not enough time to do both cardio and weights in the same day at 2 different sessions in that same day. Now if a class gets cancelled or can leave work early then yes, she will use that time and do extra cardio.

Read on here and makes sense that it's counter productive for her to do weights for 40-60min then after do cardio for another 45min, too much stress on the body and i'm sure would only raise her cortisol levels as a response to this.

I feel the schedule restrictions, truly! Good or bad news is, it's the number of cals she eats more than the cardio that will cause her to gain or lose weight. My GF does the cardio too, because she likes training and it makes her body look tighter than just losing weight alone and of course, it's faster and she can eat a little more with cardio. But she can cardio her ass off and if the cals are to high, she just won't lose weight.

True that if she stays restricted too long, her metabolism slows. That's why she goes up to 130 and stays there, then she has somewhere to go (down) when she diets.

For us (men) to maintain our mass and shape, the weights are important, but whole body cardio is plenty IMO for not losing mass on a diet. I don't think the lifting is necessary more than a couple days a week. Unless she has bb'ing goals.

I think the 2000+ cals is just too much. She's working a lot and training hard and still not losing weight...So it's not the training that's in question

Definitely, your body is perfectly happy turning protein to fat. Look at it this way, if you don't utilize the protein for building and repair, it is metabolized and burned as energy or stored as fat. Also, eating more protein than you need just means you have to eat too little carbs and fat. Most people will have a much easier time dieting on 40% carbs/40% protein/20% fat than on 60/20/20. Unless you are doing a ketosis diet, I don't think you should ever eat more protein than carbs.

Most of us are so afraid of losing muscle mass that we over due the protein, unnecessarily. Also you hear things like, protein takes more energy to digest so it speeds the metabolism, which is true, except that is already calculated in the 4 calories/gram formula (protein actually has 5 calories/gram, but 20% is lost in digestion).

Makes sense and learned something new with this. We've changed up her diet and have her cals down now and she will be starting this on Monday. Training will be about the same but making the rest time inbetween sets to only 30sec max. Going to keep her on 2iu/ed for now and see how things go as this is her first run ever with hgh and seems to be treating her very well so far, minus the water bloat of course. She has been sleeping much better and recovering from work outs a lot easier now too. She really does push herself in the gym with the weights and her lifts are still going up. Don't remember the workout split off hand but yes she does do squats in her routine. It's in the start of her workout and sometimes at the end of her workout will burn out with squats, widowmaker style. Will try to focus more on hamstring exercises as i've noticed now after people have pointed it out and looking at her routine that there really is no ham specific exercises. Her gym is very small and doesn't have any isolated ham machines for her. In place will have her do stiff leg deads and lunges.

Doctor made the re-visit for middle of March to go over her blood work results so going to be a little while til we see if there's anything to look out for. Appreciate everyone's help with this, learned a lot of great info myself. Will keep everyone updated on her progress

Last edited:

Good info here. Makes perfect sense. But now my question is... When you see women post about wanting to cut and lean out and everyone gives the advice to cut the carbs extremely low and up the cardio drastically. Eat more protein veggies and healthy fats such as nuts. So many different opinions. Carbs, what's the real answer for them in a woman's diet???

Good info here. Makes perfect sense. But now my question is... When you see women post about wanting to cut and lean out and everyone gives the advice to cut the carbs extremely low and up the cardio drastically. Eat more protein veggies and healthy fats such as nuts. So many different opinions. Carbs, what's the real answer for them in a woman's diet???

Good question as i would think men could do carb/protein ratio the same but could women also get away with that strategy?

Good question as i would think men could do carb/protein ratio the same but could women also get away with that strategy?

Bumpity bump bump. Let's hear something :)

Any answer you're going to get that says women and men need completely different training, cardio, and food is going to be broscience. What works for men is also going to work for women. Physique training is the only segment of training that has all these myths. When you look at other sport specific training the women and men do all the same stuff.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131