over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GH and blood sugar

heman4u

Registered
Will GH 4 iu at a time lower blood sugar and cause hypo? Should carbs be taken after GH shots? If yes, within what time?

You should probably do some reading on HGH before asking stupid questions :welcome:

Lol. Growth hormone raises blood sugar...Google.

Andddd this is why PED use gets a bad name...the people.

Thanks guys Jeff n Swim for answering my question in your own way.

Not to be a smart ass but it's pretty well know GH raises blood glucose levels.
If your hypoglycemic like me it helps emensly.

Yes HGH can cause hypoglycemia in early stages of use, after prolonged use it can cause insulin resistance. You guys need to go read a Serostim or any other pharm grade GH booklet

You might also want to know it can effect your TSH levels.

Thank You guys Capin, goal245 and Pesty. Respect for helping beginners like me all the time unlike some guys here who insults if questions are not advanced.

You should probably do some reading on HGH before asking stupid questions :welcome:

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Lol. Growth hormone raises blood sugar...Google.

Andddd this is why PED use gets a bad name...the people.

The guy is asking a question to learn. Google doesn't build relationships like PM.

Yes, an overdose of growth hormone can lead to hypoglycemia, followed by high blood sugar, long-term over-injection may lead to acromegaly symptoms and signs and other reactions associated with excessive growth hormone.

Hgh is really good protein, but you need use it correctly.

Gh did raise my blood sugar over normal without changing my diet or exercise and my tsh and t3 were suppressed. I don't have the numbers on me but could post before and after blood work if anybody is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

The guy is asking a question to learn. Google doesn't build relationships like PM.

i googled that very question, and this is what i got:

Growth hormone (GH) counteracts in general the effects of insulin on glucose and lipid metabolism, but shares protein anabolic properties with insulin. Under physiological circumstances GH does not affect total glucose turnover directly. There is however evidence that GH acutely decreases glucose oxidation (secondary to an increase in lipid oxidation) and suppresses muscle uptake of glucose, suggesting that GH redistributes glucose fluxes into a non-oxidative pathway, which could be a build up of glycogen depots through gluconeogenesis. Since GH secretion is inhibited in the fed state these actions are mainly important in the postprandial or fasting state. Under pathological conditions of GH excess (e.g. acromegaly, poorly controlled tp. 1 diabetes or high dose GH treatment) the diabetogenic actions of GH become apparent. In these patients increased endogenous glucose production, decreased muscle glucose uptake and rising blood glucose levels are observed. In patients with intact beta-cell function these changes are counterbalanced by hyperinsulinemia--such hyperinsulinemia may in the long term induce increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality ('Reavens syndrome X'). When stimulated with insulin these patients exhibit insulin resistance at the liver, in adipose tissue and in muscle. Few elaborate studies on the effects of GH on glucose metabolism in GH deficient patients have been conducted. These patients are hypersensitive to the actions of insulin on glucose metabolism and there is some evidence that when GH initially is given to such patients in the GH deprived state, paradox insulin-like effects of GH may be observed. Whether this may relate to increased activity of insulin-like growth factors is unsettled.
this right here. if you count how many times the word 'glucose' is stated, it gets pretty confusing for a layman to understand it all.

so real world advice, when given at all either without OR with an attitude, is greatly appreciated by me.

we were all novices @ something once :)

Mad respect to chinaboy and hanquin. Thank You bros. "Give and take respect" is a culture not many posess.. You guys gave the perfect reply to two such people here..

Come off the GH once in a while, go low carb, use Metformin for 4-6 weeks, then jump back.

If your fasted blood sugar goes close to 100, then come off GH for a little bit ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws