over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GH and diabetes

garrithv

Registered
Dont know too much about diabetes, but got a friend who had it and is taking GH. When he takes it his levels go as high as 29 and he ended up in hospital, levels are apparently supposed to be around 4-6. He has a glucometer what can he do to control his sugar while on?

The answer is obvious. You bro need's to stop the HGH.... I wont even answer how to lower his blood suger. Its not a mystery either. I just dont think it would be an option for him with his pre existing condition.

I dont understand how this is possible. I thought GH only barely slightly raises insulin sensativity, so if he's on his normal insulin doses, I don't see how this could happen.

is he type I or type II diabetic??

let me find that out, im gonna ask how he uses his insulin and his gh dosage aswell thanks

okay this is what he said:

gh: 2iu morning and 2 iu evening
insulin: 20iu a day
type 2 diabetic

so watcha think?

garrithv said:
okay this is what he said:

gh: 2iu morning and 2 iu evening
insulin: 20iu a day
type 2 diabetic

so watcha think?

Ok, IMHO & I'm not trying to put anyone down here but... is he dumb? It's a very easy fix, stop useing gh.
Look at it this way,

No problem before he used gh

Uses gh & ends up in hospital

Try stopping gh & see if there's a problem anymore, I'll put the farm on the answer being problem solved!

Just my 2c worth.

hey pitbull you not putting anyone down. The guy has this problema and if GH is the cause then its his call. I just asked in case there was a way around it.

And on a side not do diabetics use 20ius a day?

GH causes hyperglycemia meaning it causes the cells to release more sugar there fore complicating the problem of diabetes already that he has.
I wouldn't screw with it myself as it may help to advance the disease over time, and I can't give any advice on how to fix it either with slin as that prolly would be wreckless info.

So i told him its a no go on the GH... He has 3 boxes. H e is gonna use 1iu a day and work it to 2 or 3 and see how it affects him.

He wants to compete so will normal AAS affect his diabetes? What can he use? Will IGF and MGF cause hypo? I think igf does but dont know about MGF. THanks bros

I'm type 2 and had used gh previous to knowing and once since. It definatley rises blood sugar, at least in me. I only used a couple days since I found out and went off as it was impossible for me to control, as I don't use inslin. It also might have interacted with my meds (actos).

I'm certianly not advocating use by a diabetic, but if he insists, i would expect a need for increased insulin. BUT, i'd do frequent bloodsuagar testing before I just increased a dose.

There are some diabetics on a few other boards as well. If I can find time latter today, I'll try to find some more info.

On a side note, the increase in BS is normal, that's why most non-diabetics take slin with gh......

garrithv said:
So i told him its a no go on the GH... He has 3 boxes. H e is gonna use 1iu a day and work it to 2 or 3 and see how it affects him.

He wants to compete so will normal AAS affect his diabetes? What can he use? Will IGF and MGF cause hypo? I think igf does but dont know about MGF. THanks bros
How old is he and what's his bodyfat? Is the diabetes due to severe insulin resistance (usually correlated to obesity) or something else?
How long has he had the diabetes diagnosis?

BTW even steroids can worsen things, some type 1 diabetics I know have had to increase insulin dosages on cycle.

thanks guys. I dont know the guy personally but my training partner does and im checking for him. I also figured that he would not be able to continue but asked anyway on the off chance, thanks Bros.

I love this board great calibre of info, questions and members.
lata

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic