over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gh and hair regrowth?

jonesboy

Registered
I know this may be a stupid question and if it is i am sorry. but i just ran a little cycle of igf and man it hit my hair line pretty bad. I'm seem to be one of the few that it has effected so.

My question is has anyone notice any regrowth of hair from hgh or an increase in hairloss due to hgh.

Now that i think of it my hair loss has seemed to increased lately and the only thing i have added is gh and t3.. can hgh increase hairloss or help it.

hmmm if nothing else i know it one of the 3 darn it..

Your hair follicles have no relation to IGF or GH.

Edit in:
Damn it Jonesboy, when I look at your avatar next to me (in my avatar), I feel like a pussy. I will have to remember in the future never to post right after you.

lol that not me. That's boris kleine. It's my little homage to HST. In a couple of months maybe i might put a pic up..

I have to say though that there has been others reporting shedding with igf. And i have heard of people with increased gh levels reporting fuller and even new regrowth of hair...

jonesboy said:
lol that not me. That's boris kleine. It's my little homage to HST. In a couple of months maybe i might put a pic up..

I have to say though that there has been others reporting shedding with igf. And i have heard of people with increased gh levels reporting fuller and even new regrowth of hair...

Think about it this way, GH converts to IGF-1 when it hits the blood, so I can't imagine there would be growth with one and loss with another.

Golgo13 said:
Think about it this way, GH converts to IGF-1 when it hits the blood, so I can't imagine there would be growth with one and loss with another.

yeah but i have to think it converts into more than just igf-1. igf isn't as good as gh for skin or fatloss or all of the other health beenies. gh is doing something else. Igf i believe can lead to higher test levels. higher test levels can mean a rise in dht levels which if you are prone to male pattern baldness can be a problem. Of course i am no expert in any of this which is why i am posting...

I have been using IGF1 for the last while and have had no shedding at all. However, I do use 1.25mg/ Finesteride a day.

i dont understand how igf would make you lose your hair?

Jarconis said:
i dont understand how igf would make you lose your hair?

i don't know either but grunt told me about a women who reported shedding while on igf.. maybe its just coencidence.. i really hope it is.. i really like igf.

jonesboy said:
i don't know either but grunt told me about a women who reported shedding while on igf.. maybe its just coencidence.. i really hope it is.. i really like igf.
I'm actually getting the same thing, but only on my second cycle of IGF. So I'm not sure if it's the cause. I'm not using any gear that would cause hairloss. Maybe hgh or igf is using up extra minerals or vitamins in the body that would be related to some hairloss, no clue.

trying to think positive here. My hairloss seems to be excellerating since i added the growth. So maybe its like when you add in minoxin you shed at first and then it comes back better... I have read where people have had there hair go from grey to nautural and fill in while on gh... so maybe that is it... if not then i highly suggest people get some finisteride while on igf if they have any mpd in there family history... becuase i am at the point of getting one of those damn laser combs that are suppose to work so well.... damn...

jonesboy said:
trying to think positive here. My hairloss seems to be excellerating since i added the growth. So maybe its like when you add in minoxin you shed at first and then it comes back better... I have read where people have had there hair go from grey to nautural and fill in while on gh... so maybe that is it... if not then i highly suggest people get some finisteride while on igf if they have any mpd in there family history... becuase i am at the point of getting one of those damn laser combs that are suppose to work so well.... damn...
How much hair are you losing? If you lose 100 hair/day in total, it's not bad. You wont go bald.

no its much worse than that.. it wasn't noticable before. now it is. luckly i have curly hair so it is easier to hide.

hairloss on gh and igf-1 -female

Yes, I reported the weird hair loss. Started Gh and igf-1..the only other thing i am taking is B-12 and multi-vitamins, Bcaas, xenadrine and chromium...and I was taking all of those before the cycle of Gh/IGF. Luckily, I have ALOT of hair! The hair loss has been for a couple weeks now and significant. My nails are growing like crazy. So...I dont know what it is. I just ordered some Maximum greens to add to my diet ..Im thinking as someone on this post stated ...that maybe the gh is using up the vitamins im taking in and there obviously is some sort of shortage. Ill let you all know if the greens helps. If anyone else figures something out....let me know!!! please!

Start taking a multi vitamin once a day and see if that will make a difference. I'm gonna do the same, since I dont take one.

jonesboy said:
I know this may be a stupid question and if it is i am sorry. but i just ran a little cycle of igf and man it hit my hair line pretty bad. I'm seem to be one of the few that it has effected so.

My question is has anyone notice any regrowth of hair from hgh or an increase in hairloss due to hgh.

Now that i think of it my hair loss has seemed to increased lately and the only thing i have added is gh and t3.. can hgh increase hairloss or help it.

hmmm if nothing else i know it one of the 3 darn it..
funny, I was thinking the same thing.
I have been shedding more since on IGF . I am taking no AAS right now since I am off cycle. to top it off, I am still taking propecia.
regardless of what anyone else says, I think now that there may be a coincidence

Putin said:
Any of you also experience gas?

i always knew you were full of hot air putin :) but no not really..

hmm i guess i will add in some multi vitamins also and see.. but i am also getting some proscar...

I THOUGHT HGH HELPED REGROW HAIR???!!

I found this study which seems to support some of the comments posted above. If this is true, I'm very disappointed. I stopped using anabolics due to hair loss and I thought GH/IGF would be a nice substitute due to milder side effects - especially on my scalp. And now this. I just can't win.

Monte

--------------------------------------------------------
J Am Acad Dermatol. 1999 Feb;40(2 Pt 1):200-3. Related Articles, Links

Hormones and hair patterning in men: a role for insulin-like growth factor 1?
Signorello LB, Wuu J, Hsieh C, Tzonou A, Trichopoulos D, Mantzoros CS.

Department of Epidemiology and Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA.

BACKGROUND: Androgens are important in hair growth and patterning, whereas growth hormone substitution enhances their effect in growth hormone-deficient men. No previous study has jointly evaluated the function of sex steroids, sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in determining hair patterning in men. OBJECTIVE: We assessed the relationship between circulating hormone measurements and both head and chest hair patterning in a sample of elderly men. METHODS: Fifty-one apparently healthy men older than 65 years of age were studied cross-sectionally. Head and chest hair patterning was assessed by a trained interviewer. Morning blood samples from all subjects were used for measurements of testosterone, estradiol, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, SHBG, and IGF-1. RESULTS: Results were obtained from logistic regression models, adjusting simultaneously for all the measured hormones and age. Men with higher levels of testosterone were more likely to have vertex baldness (odds ratio [OR] = 2.5, 95% confidence interval [CI: 0.9 to 7.8] per 194 ng/dL increment of testosterone). In addition, for each 59 ng/mL increase in IGF-1, the odds of having vertex baldness doubled (95% CI [1.0 to 4.6]). Those who were found to have higher circulating levels of SHBG were less likely to have dense hair on their chest (OR = 0.4, 95% CI [0.1 to 0.9] per 24 nmol/L increment in SHBG]). CONCLUSION: Testosterone, SHBG, and IGF-1 may be important in determining hair patterning in men.

Publication Types:
Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't
Research Support, U.S. Gov't, P.H.S.

PMID: 10025745 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

great find... and man that kinda sucks but the information is very informative and helpful.

A little something else. Has anyone else also noticed increased sensitivity in there nipples with igf... I know gh can give you gyno.. i'm thinking igf can too...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131