over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gh and hair regrowth?

jonesboy said:
great find... and man that kinda sucks but the information is very informative and helpful.

A little something else. Has anyone else also noticed increased sensitivity in there nipples with igf... I know gh can give you gyno.. i'm thinking igf can too...
not here, and I am going on my 4th week.

jonesboy said:
great find... and man that kinda sucks but the information is very informative and helpful.

A little something else. Has anyone else also noticed increased sensitivity in there nipples with igf... I know gh can give you gyno.. i'm thinking igf can too...

Thanks bro. Informative study but very concerning as well.

And to answer your other question, yes - both GH and IGF can induce gyno due to prolactin levels.

Monte

Monte Brogan said:
Thanks bro. Informative study but very concerning as well.

And to answer your other question, yes - both GH and IGF can induce gyno due to prolactin levels.

Monte
IF that was true, then some dostinex would be needed to help. But I am Extremely sensitive to anything that rises prolactin levels. It has not affected me in this way so I highly doubt this. since IGF-1 is already being used for injured horses I doubt they would want to run the risk of increasing prolactin which can lead to Cushing's disease or cause problems for breeding mares.
I do know that IGF does work in a way with regulating Prolactin and vice versa, but nothing has been 100% substantiated yet as far as i know. if you have some clear cut documented answers, please post them, I love learning more about this stuff.

i would think that the GH or IGF is impacting the thyroid and therefore the hair loss. just a guess.

yeah i have been thinking about it some more. i started taking t3 around the time my hairloss started.. i have read were t3 can cause shedding and that its not permanate... Now my nipple area seems to be warm (kinda weird) and a little sore.. I don't have experience with gyno.. so maybe i'm just being a little over excited about it..
my hairloss has stopped. I am expecting some more igf this time receptor. If i shed with this cycle i will know its the igf..

That is why I stopped taking IGF. My hair would get dry/brittle and noticeably thinner.

this thread is making me wonder

strange, since hair and nails are made from keratin, therefore somewhat related.
I was thinking about using igf 1 lr3 but now all of this is making me wonder. I do have a lot of hair too, and I don't want to lose any! so I guess I'll wait for the next great chemical to put on muscle, since I am way too thin. I guess monte brogan is right here, igf 1 may potentiate the hell out of dht and hair loss comes along. for my part, I'll stick with kynoselen and wait for myo-029 to come out

:confused:

bodybuilderx3 said:
strange, since hair and nails are made from keratin, therefore somewhat related.
I was thinking about using igf 1 lr3 but now all of this is making me wonder. I do have a lot of hair too, and I don't want to lose any! so I guess I'll wait for the next great chemical to put on muscle, since I am way too thin. I guess monte brogan is right here, igf 1 may potentiate the hell out of dht and hair loss comes along. for my part, I'll stick with kynoselen and wait for myo-029 to come out

:confused:

I'm confused as well, my friend...not sure what to think at this point. Here's another study that seems to suggest IGF-1 plays a role in the proliferation of hair follicles...so who knows?

Monte

1: Dermatol Online J. 1999 Nov;5(2):1. Links
Insulin-like growth factor 1 and hair growth.Su HY, Hickford JG, Bickerstaffe R, Palmer BR.
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, P.O. Box 670559, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA.

Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) has been identified as an important growth factor in many biological systems.[1] It shares considerable structural homology with insulin and exerts insulin-like effects on food intake and glucose metabolism. Recently it has been suggested to play a role in regulating cellular proliferation and migration during the development of hair follicles. [2,3] To exert its biological effects, the IGF-1 is required to activate cells by binding to specific cell-surface receptors. The type I IGF receptor (IGF-1R) is the only IGF receptor to have IGF-mediated signaling functions.[1] In circulation, this growth factor mediates endocrine action of growth hormone (GH) on somatic growth and is bound to specific binding proteins (BPs). The latter control IGF transport, efflux from vascular compartments and association with cell surface receptors.[4] In tissues, IGF-1 is produced by mesenchymal type cells and acts in a paracrine and autocrine fashion by binding to the IGF-1R. This binding activates the receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) that triggers the downstream responses and finally stimulates cell division.[5] IGF-1 may therefore be able to stimulate the proliferation of hair follicle cells through cellular signaling pathways of its receptors. Local infusion of IGF-1 into sheep has been reported to be capable of stimulating protein synthesis in the skin.[6] It may also increase the production of wool keratin. Recently, transgenic mice overexpressing IGF-1 in the skin have been shown to have earlier hair follicle development than controls.[7] In addition, this growth factor plays an important role in many cell types as a survival factor to prevent cell death.[8] This anti-apoptotic function of IGF-1 may be important to the development of follicle cells as follicles undergo a growth cycle where the regressive, catagen phase is apoptosis driven. In this review, the effects of IGF-1 on follicle cell proliferation and differentiation are discussed. In particular, the paracrine versus endocrine action of IGF-1 on hair growth and the targeting of expression of the growth factor to the follicles of transgenic animals will be emphasized. The anti-apoptotic role of IGF-1 in hair follicles is also reviewed. Prospects for future studies on hair and fiber growth by IGF-1 are discussed.

update: hair loss gh/igf female

Just an update: Switching brand of GH and stopping IGF use caused hair loss episode to cease. No other problems reported.

I have been using the big 3

Propecia
Rogaine Foam 2x per day
Nizoral 1% and 2% shampoos alternate days

I also just started taking blue top HGH 10iu 3x per week mon, wed, fri

I have had so much regrowth and thickening it is amazing. People joke with me and call me rug :)

I don't know if I can attribute it to any one thing so I am sticking to all 3 and will see how the HGH does.

I have been on the propecia the longest 6 months or so and the foam and nizoral for about 3 months.

I can't wait to see what it looks like in a year.

I also have a year long cycle of Test E, EQ, and Primo that I am going to start in about a month so I will keep you guys posted.

Propecia
Rogaine Foam 2x per day

I have had so much regrowth and thickening it is amazing. People joke with me and call me rug :)

I don't know if I can attribute it to any one thing so I am sticking to all 3 and will see how the HGH does.

I have been on the propecia the longest 6 months or so and the foam and nizoral for about 3 months.

I also have a year long cycle of Test E, EQ, and Primo that I am going to start in about a month so I will keep you guys posted.
no libido issues with the finasteride?

I just can't win.

Unfortunately this is the cold hard truth for us with the god forsaken curse of MPB. I have tried everything. I take 5mg fin year round with great results...but when im on cycle i thin out...luckily when im off it comes back. A word to the wise...if you take finasteride AVOID NANDROLONE AT ALL COSTS...this is the absolute worst combo for your hair...no deca for us..oh well EQ will have to do.:)

Unfortunately this is the cold hard truth for us with the god forsaken curse of MPB. I have tried everything. I take 5mg fin year round with great results...but when im on cycle i thin out...luckily when im off it comes back. A word to the wise...if you take finasteride AVOID NANDROLONE AT ALL COSTS...this is the absolute worst combo for your hair...no deca for us..oh well EQ will have to do.:)

Why do you take 5mg of Finasteride per day instead of 1mg like in propecia?

Do you notice better effects from 5mg instead of 1mg?

Would I be better off upping my dose to 2mg or more?

Why do you take 5mg of Finasteride per day instead of 1mg like in propecia?

Do you notice better effects from 5mg instead of 1mg?

Would I be better off upping my dose to 2mg or more?

alot of people will tell you that its unneccesary but i find that when im on cycle i get MUCH better results with 5...when im off cycle i only take 1 mg....

if you want you could try taking 1/2 ml to start out with(2.5mg)...THIS IS ONLY IF YOUR UNHAPPY WITH YOUR RESULTS WITH ONE....know that there are risks to sexual side effects at higher dosages, fortunately i do not get them.

alot of people will tell you that its unneccesary but i find that when im on cycle i get MUCH better results with 5...when im off cycle i only take 1 mg....

if you want you could try taking 1/2 ml to start out with(2.5mg)...THIS IS ONLY IF YOUR UNHAPPY WITH YOUR RESULTS WITH ONE....know that there are risks to sexual side effects at higher dosages, fortunately i do not get them.

I think I will up my dose to 2mg and see how that does for a month or two.

I have a few pointers involving this topic:

T3: Drastic changes (up or down) in t3, t4, tsh levels = Increased hair loss! Trust me I know from experience! There are many studies proving this if you research it. I lost most of my hair when I stopped taking T3 even though I tapered down very carefully.

GH: I have not noticed any changes regarding MY hair and HGH. If anything, I would think it strengthens hair follicles and improves hair growth but that is just speculation on my part.

IGF-1: Very unfamiliar with IGF-1

Nizoral works great to improve hair growth for me. Rogaine seemed to work pretty well too. I have no experience with Finasteride but I hear it causes a lot more problems while improving hair growth.e

Propecia
Rogaine Foam 2x per day

when you use the nizoral2% or 1% , do you rinse after shampooing or leave on the scalp for 5 min like it states in the directions?

Why not use the 2% daily?

Thanks

I know this may be a stupid question and if it is i am sorry. but i just ran a little cycle of igf and man it hit my hair line pretty bad. I'm seem to be one of the few that it has effected so.

My question is has anyone notice any regrowth of hair from hgh or an increase in hairloss due to hgh.

Now that i think of it my hair loss has seemed to increased lately and the only thing i have added is gh and t3.. can hgh increase hairloss or help it.

hmmm if nothing else i know it one of the 3 darn it..

Its the T3 bro, google it and youll find hairloss is an issue with high and low tyroid.Ive been on replacement for years and its def an issue .

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear