over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GH combined w TRT question

Gators

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
55yo, on MD prescribed TRT, went thru getting shoulder rebuilt, now it’s gtg, and I need to get my decrepit ass back in the gym. The dr though doesn’t / won’t prescribe GH, and if he did, insurance wouldn’t cover, and it’s stupid expensive. As I would be interested in GH for anti-aging benefits primarily, would the most effective route be endogenous, or exogenous? Leaning towards endo as maybe peptides have less risk of having contaminants, but not sure.

For peptides I like GHRP2 300 mcg/d with CJC1295 with DAC 5 mg/w. For GH I like 1 iu/d or every other day. These generally get me into a good range for GH for my age and seems to be well tolerated whilst giving me better recovery and nutrient partitioning. These are not bodybuilder dosed. Rather, thay are HRT strategy doses.

I have used both with decent results. GH gives better results for the most part, but hold a little more water. For true TRT 1iu or so seems to work well for many/most from the numbers i have seen over the years. One person i know can be in range feel good with no side effects on.7iu's

Thanks fellas, I prob should look into GH, which I did a year or two ago, said f that, was too hyped, for lack of a better term. Something about being a grandfather and 55 told me my dreams of being a BB, a rock and roll icon, or NBA player are probably not going to be realized, so TRT it is.

A concern with using HGH at an advanced age(for gear and such) is raising igf-1 can grow cancer cells that are present.
At an HRT level perhaps that chance is much smaller but if I had cancer in my body unbeknownst to me the very last thing I would want to do is raise IGF-1.
I was told this directly by a former Astra Zeneca scientist who is now a founding partner in a small pharmaceutical contract manufacturer. So, did I believe him? I try to have as few beliefs/assumptions as possible and so I looked hard and long for myself until I saw what I felt in my gut best for me. Most of what I read at first said the use of HGH did not grow tumors etc....however it seems to be true that igf-1 does infact proliferate certain cancer cell growth. I'm asking you not to believe me. I'm making no claim of right vs wrong. I'm simply sharing information for you to look into and consider.
Alot of us old guys(early 50's for me) still have egos large and small and sometimes we must decide between ego and long term biological health or at least we need to become conscious that sometimes that does infact come down to a choice.
With a history of cancer in my family- mostly from smoking and working in mills a lifetime- I chose not to use HGH. Also, I have good genetics. I'm by no means a serious weightlifter anymore. I have 5 kids from 4.5yrs old to 25 that I want to live long for. I lift a lil, do a lil calesthenics and cardio- still athletic AF(there's that ego) and make sure I can move pretty good aside from my jacked up shoulder.
My HRT is 100mgs/Wk of test e. I feel normal on that dose(joyful, not too obsessive or aggressive or like a psychotic-pussy-hound but still fully boned up for wifey- lol). I was Dr prescribed- not by an anti aging clinic- 200mgs every 2 weeks. I always hear of Dr's prescribing 200mgs/Wk of usually cyp. But I feel normal and functional on 100mgs a week bc 200mgs E2W I felt too up and down. If I did 200mgs a week I would feel like I was on- bad News for me in fitting into a healthy functional family. Hahaha
Now in the past? My cycles were certainly small by today's standards. I did my first cycle in 1991 I think.
I'm only sharing information and my experience. As with all things: take what you can use and leave the rest.

My mind doesn't run constantly and so there is a freedom and peace in that that I found more valuable than being a jacked up daddy with a few hooches on the side. Not that I'm judging that for anybody else. Been there done that- how can I judge? Reason I say that is that is if I took 200mgs a week test I would be too assertive mentally aka constantly thinking, projecting ....mentalizing period. I prefer more balance and experiencing more peace inwardly. I'm older, married and daddy. So I'm not really talking to you young studs about hrt- lol

A concern with using HGH at an advanced age(for gear and such) is raising igf-1 can grow cancer cells that are present.
At an HRT level perhaps that chance is much smaller but if I had cancer in my body unbeknownst to me the very last thing I would want to do is raise IGF-1.
I was told this directly by a former Astra Zeneca scientist who is now a founding partner in a small pharmaceutical contract manufacturer. So, did I believe him? I try to have as few beliefs/assumptions as possible and so I looked hard and long for myself until I saw what I felt in my gut best for me. Most of what I read at first said the use of HGH did not grow tumors etc....however it seems to be true that igf-1 does infact proliferate certain cancer cell growth. I'm asking you not to believe me. I'm making no claim of right vs wrong. I'm simply sharing information for you to look into and consider.
Alot of us old guys(early 50's for me) still have egos large and small and sometimes we must decide between ego and long term biological health or at least we need to become conscious that sometimes that does infact come down to a choice.
With a history of cancer in my family- mostly from smoking and working in mills a lifetime- I chose not to use HGH. Also, I have good genetics. I'm by no means a serious weightlifter anymore. I have 5 kids from 4.5yrs old to 25 that I want to live long for. I lift a lil, do a lil calesthenics and cardio- still athletic AF(there's that ego) and make sure I can move pretty good aside from my jacked up shoulder.
My HRT is 100mgs/Wk of test e. I feel normal on that dose(joyful, not too obsessive or aggressive or like a psychotic-pussy-hound but still fully boned up for wifey- lol). I was Dr prescribed- not by an anti aging clinic- 200mgs every 2 weeks. I always hear of Dr's prescribing 200mgs/Wk of usually cyp. But I feel normal and functional on 100mgs a week bc 200mgs E2W I felt too up and down. If I did 200mgs a week I would feel like I was on- bad News for me in fitting into a healthy functional family. Hahaha
Now in the past? My cycles were certainly small by today's standards. I did my first cycle in 1991 I think.
I'm only sharing information and my experience. As with all things: take what you can use and leave the rest.

My mind doesn't run constantly and so there is a freedom and peace in that that I found more valuable than being a jacked up daddy with a few hooches on the side. Not that I'm judging that for anybody else. Been there done that- how can I judge? Reason I say that is that is if I took 200mgs a week test I would be too assertive mentally aka constantly thinking, projecting ....mentalizing period. I prefer more balance and experiencing more peace inwardly. I'm older, married and daddy. So I'm not really talking to you young studs about hrt- lol
This is a solid post. Thanks for sharing this. I too have been considering a light GH supplement (maybe 1-2 IU and not every day). Same concern around dormant cancer, because at 53 each day is probably a gift given what I've already put my body through. I just suffered a knee injury that took me out for the past several years and I'm miserably out of shape now.

Regarding TRT, I am on legit endo prescribed Test Cyp at 100mg week. My Endo told me going over 100mg is typically not something that a legit medical practice would do unless there were extenuating circumstanced. At 100mg I am high normal. In fact a few blood draws had me north of high normal and he almost reduced my dose until we agreed that it was likely because I had the blood work done too soon after the injection. 200mg is a small cycle for me (not that I will ever do "cycles" again).

I would definitely be interested in hearing more from the guys on this board about the benefits/negatives of 1 -2 IU maybe 4 days per week.

IMO, it depends on how old you are. The older the more noticeable effect.

2 iu daily is high enough above physiologic replacement to have slightly better results… yet low enough to avoid most of the side effects.

Reactions: D2
never used hgh before. for a mid 50s guy using zptropin, does 2 iu daily sound like enough to see benefits including injury repair while mitigating sides? if you see benefits which are most noticible?

In all my experience this is how I would rate the experiences I have had......if you have done nothing you will notice great results from peptides......if you start decent generic gh you will never go back to peptides......if you find legit pharma GH unless your pockets are not deep enough you will never go back to the other 2 mentioned before.

never used hgh before. for a mid 50s guy using zptropin, does 2 iu daily sound like enough to see benefits including injury repair while mitigating sides? if you see benefits which are most noticible?
If you did 1iu for 3 weeks then 2iu you probably will only have positive effects. You might not notice them for a few months though.

Might also be worth looking at BPC157 and TB500 for repair.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear