over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gh for broken bones?

scb82

Newbies
I am a newbie. I appologize if I am posting in the wrong place. I completely crushed my left foot in a auto accident and I am having a hard time recovering. I was wanting to know if any of you guys think gh can help my bones heel better and quicker so I can get back in the gym? Its has already been 8 months since the accident and I still have a lot of pain after walking a lot during the day.

Gh will help but it comes with risk of bone spurs(excess calcium growth) which can be painful and in most cases requires surgery to remove.

I have a genetic rare brittle bone disease and have used gh on and off since I was 11. So 24 years now? Pretty much solid for 10 years straight - I can say without a doubt that it has helped keep me from as many fractures and when I stress fracture they heal up quicker for me. Just my .02 it is worth it.

A good friend does bicycle road races and had a bad fall about 6 months ago. Broke his arm above and below the elbow and was told 3-4 months rehab.
Started 2iu of Grey's ED 2 weeks after break and at 8 week checkup his doc was amazed at his pace of recovery.
So I'd say yes it does help based on his experience.

Need more details. What did u break. When was ur last xray. Show non or may union or r u just guessing because it hurts.

GH via Igf via insulin hybrid receptors can help bone healing but that's not important until we figure out ur current state. Are u diabetic?

Need more details. What did u break. When was ur last xray. Show non or may union or r u just guessing because it hurts.

GH via Igf via insulin hybrid receptors can help bone healing but that's not important until we figure out ur current state. Are u diabetic?

I really don't know how many bones in my foot were shattered here are a couple pics of it. I just know it keeps me from going to the gym due to the pain and I am willing to try anything to help me cope with the pain enough to start working out again.

Attachments

• 20150514_144313.jpg
    20150514_144313.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 20150521_101535.jpg
    20150521_101535.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 20150514_144336.jpg
    20150514_144336.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 334
Does anyone know of anything that can help the healing of an injury like this?

So u don't know if it's not healed or the actual injury u had, you just have pain and want to treat symtpoms? Please correct me if that's not accurate.

Last edited:
If i was in your position, i would've consulted at least two different doctors and trusted their advice.
There is too much more into that then just dosage and short term effects.

DHEA supplements taken with calcium and vitamin D can greatly increase bone density

Posted on May 12, 2009, 12:09 p.m. in Aging Bone and Dental Dietary Supplementation Longevity and Age Management

As humans age, the level of DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), a naturally occurring steroid hormone, drops. Knowing that low concentrations of DHEA are associated with low bone density, researchers from Saint Louis University and Washington University decided to conduct a study that looked at whether bone health would improve if DHEA levels were restored.

To determine the answer to this critical question, the researchers divided men and women participants, ages 65 to 75, into two groups. A test group received a combination of the DHEA supplement, vitamin D and calcium for a total of two years, while the control group received a placebo, vitamin D and calcium during the first year of the study, with the DHEA supplement replacing the placebo in the second year.

The female participants in the test group gained approximately two percent additional spinal bone density after the first year, while women in the control group did not see an increase during the same time frame. When both groups were taking the DHEA supplement during the second year, the women in the test group gained an additional two percent increase, with the women in the control group also experiencing a two percent increase. Men did not experience the same increases; men in both the test and control groups had a one to two percent increase overall.

The researchers believe that the additional vitamin D and calcium supplements, which both the test and control groups received, may have been responsible for the increase in spinal bone density. They also point out that achieving a two to four percent increase in spinal bone density can result in a 30 to 50 percent reduction in the risk of spine fractures. However, as study lead author Edward Weiss, Ph.D., associate professor of nutrition and dietetics at Saint Louis University's Doisy College of Health Sciences, notes, the addition of the DHEA supplements benefited spinal bone density only - not hip bone density. Dr. Weiss suggested that hips may respond more slowly to bone-enhancing therapies and therefore require a longer time frame for the benefits of the added supplement to take effect.

"The results of our study are very promising. Similar studies have demonstrated much smaller benefits for bone than we found," says Dr. Weiss. However, he adds, "Calcium and vitamin D deficiencies, which are present in half of older adults, may have prevented DHEA from improving bone density in the earlier studies."

The results also suggested that taking the DHEA supplements for two years is as effective as other well-known therapies, including estrogen and bisphosphonates, to improve bone densities. And Dr. Weiss also notes that "DHEA replacement may have other benefits including improvements in risk factors for diabetes and heart disease, improvements in immune function, and improvements in psychological health." He cautions that women should consult with their physicians before taking DHEA, which is readily available as an over-the-counter dietary supplement. "Although DHEA is generally considered safe for consumption at 50 mg per day, it increases estrogen and testosterone levels, which in turn could increase cancer risk," he says. "Therefore, DHEA supplementation should be avoided in men and women who have had cancer or who have a strong family history of cancer until further research can establish whether or not it is safe for these individuals."

News Release: DHEA hormone replacement increases bone density in older women Newswise: News for Journalists May 11, 2009

I shattered both of my tibias last year in an accident. 12 months post op ( installed then removed 20 rods in my legs). Just last week I ran 7 miles. How did I build the bone back up to the point it was strong enough to run on? Besides the obvious : calcium vit D magnesium vit C Just recently I added Dhea and it's made a world of a difference. I have not taken and hgh or peptides to build my bones up.

One other thing that has helped me is my Exogen bone stimulator. I got mine for free but I'm told they go for anywhere around $500 to $1000.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have a appointment next week with the foot doctor to see how it healing. It just doesnt seem to be healing very quick to me. Ill keep ya'll posted.

Thanks for the advice guys. I have a appointment next week with the foot doctor to see how it healing. It just doesnt seem to be healing very quick to me. Ill keep ya'll posted.

I understand you equate pain with the bone not healing but there are many reasons why one may have pain after having a foot injury. I mean ligament injury, neuroma, a new stress fx, non or mal union of old fx, arthritis if joint as involved, pain from new biomechanics of the foot on toe off etc etc. You cant just be like i have pain so bone must not be healed will GH help my bone because depending on what the injury is you may make it worse. I mean what if you had heterotopic bone formation from the fx and now your taking GH because your just guessing you are gonna make it worse, or what if you have a new tendon tear at the junction where some newer GH data is suggesting that it may also make that worse.

I know you just want to heal but thats why we need to first figure out what is actually wrong and THEN we can start figuring out the best way to approach it. After you see your doctor post up again and im sure some guys here can help. Good luck bro and feel better

I shattered both of my tibias last year in an accident. 12 months post op ( installed then removed 20 rods in my legs). Just last week I ran 7 miles. How did I build the bone back up to the point it was strong enough to run on? Besides the obvious : calcium vit D magnesium vit C Just recently I added Dhea and it's made a world of a difference. I have not taken and hgh or peptides
One other thing that has helped me is my Exogen bone stimulator. to build my bones up.
I got mine for free but I'm told they go for anywhere around $500 to $1000.

Yours truely has his old research refs on their website :) Some of you may think im only for super conventional medicine but i always said im about the data. So about 10 years ago I was approached to work with diabetic fracture healing and looking at vegf and callus formation using the exogen bone stim. I can tell you it was legit at increasing vegf and bony callus in rats. After I left that lab they were still working on figuring out the mechanism although we always had a few mechno hypoth. I dunno if it has great real world results but the data supported its use.

I understand you equate pain with the bone not healing but there are many reasons why one may have pain after having a foot injury. I mean ligament injury, neuroma, a new stress fx, non or mal union of old fx, arthritis if joint as involved, pain from new biomechanics of the foot on toe off etc etc. You cant just be like i have pain so bone must not be healed will GH help my bone because depending on what the injury is you may make it worse. I mean what if you had heterotopic bone formation from the fx and now your taking GH because your just guessing you are gonna make it worse, or what if you have a new tendon tear at the junction where some newer GH data is suggesting that it may also make that worse.

I know you just want to heal but thats why we need to first figure out what is actually wrong and THEN we can start figuring out the best way to approach it. After you see your doctor post up again and im sure some guys here can help. Good luck bro and feel better

Listen to what GG is saying; he knows what he is talking about. If you are having pain at 8 months out; it most likely is not due to a fracture that isn't healing. There are a million different things that could be going on depending on what the actual injuries were, the extent of the injuries, and what specific surgeries were performed. You really need to communicate with your surgeon and get on the same page.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws