over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gh gives me hypoglycemia...

I notice the same thing on certain gh. Seems to vary.
Must be something to the idea that gh increases/decreases insulin sensitivity.

Seems to happen to me if I eat certain foods.. apples and potatoes seem to make me go hypo. You?

I don't eat apples much, so I can't comment on that. I am gonna start here real soon as my GI tract is a mess.
Potatoes, I get quite a bit in the form of french fries, lol, or mashed potatoes. I've never considered them as something that would cause hypo, no, they are not a simple sugar, but they certainly aren't a fibrous carb which seems to have no affect on blood sugar. I've always looked at potatoes as a medium chain carb.
Btw, I can't function without SOME starches in my diet. No, I don't need sugar, but I NEED some starches. Fibrous carbs only in the form of veggies, just doesn't cut the mustard for me.

About 6 months ago, I went out for dinner my son's fiance's parents, her dad is a type one diabetic. Apparently he didn't take in enough carbs. We were waiting for a seat. He was up at the bar and started shaking and having a hard time standing. Paramedics and firefighters came to the restaurant, before they came, he was able to drink some orange juice before they came. That was crazy! He was a totally different person.

exactly brother, its scary when it drops hard. everyone is different but my brother use to get crazy violent when it got low. he wouldn't take any carbs and he refused help when it got low. orange juice is the best thing to bring it up.

I woke up one morning with 4 paramedics and a few firefighters around my bed. They gave me the liquid gel and iv for sugar. They tested my sugar after giving me sugar and it was 19, so i imagine it was lower. If it wasnt for a family member checking on me no way i would of woke up. Of course i was only a type 1 diabetic for a few years so i was not the greatest at watching carbs and insulin dose. I have had alot of lows over the years but the worst is when you are sleeping because there is not much you can do if your sleeping

I had a friend and coworker that was Type I and he passed out one night watching TV from low blood sugar. He woke up about 4 am lying on the floor in his own piss and crap. He was lucky and woke up. He said he was feeling it and headed toward the refrigerator to get his glucagon shot but passed out before he could make it there.

About 6 months ago, I went out for dinner my son's fiance's parents, her dad is a type one diabetic. Apparently he didn't take in enough carbs. We were waiting for a seat. He was up at the bar and started shaking and having a hard time standing. Paramedics and firefighters came to the restaurant, before they came, he was able to drink some orange juice before they came. That was crazy! He was a totally different person.

I think maybe it is an issue with not eating enough carbs to counter the insulin they take? I believe most diabetics take their shot before each meal. That's what the type one I knew used to do before he ate lunch.

I think maybe it is an issue with not eating enough carbs to counter the insulin they take? I believe most diabetics take their shot before each meal. That's what the type one I knew used to do before he ate lunch.

I think it is this exactly. When I take a shot of insulin I know I need to monitor how I feel and take in enough carbs within a time frame to keep from having any issues.

I had a friend and coworker that was Type I and he passed out one night watching TV from low blood sugar. He woke up about 4 am lying on the floor in his own piss and crap. He was lucky and woke up. He said he was feeling it and headed toward the refrigerator to get his glucagon shot but passed out before he could make it there.

Ouch, "had", past tense?

scary. the night mine dropped to 19 I remember waking up and taking a shower but it was to low to help myself to the fridge, I was way to gone. like you said I take a mix of Humalog 75/25 mix before breakfast and dinner. I also added a shot of regular insulin at lunch because it runs high after I eat lunch

My younger sister is type 1, found out recently at 17 when her BG on her bloodwork fasted was 450+!

Log before meals, Lantus prebed.

damn that sucks, keep on her about it. I found out when I was 19, not easy at a young age. she can live a normal life. back in the 70's and 80's it was very hard. you had to go to hospital to check sugar levels, no meters. my cousin when blind at 28 years old from high blood sugar over the years. she kept her sugar high to stay slim.

This thread became confusing when y'all started mixing hypo from type 1 diabetes and hypo from normal people taking GH. Does GH causes hypo or not.

This thread became confusing when y'all started mixing hypo from type 1 diabetes and hypo from normal people taking GH. Does GH causes hypo or not.
In theory I do not believe it does. Anyway there is nothing confusing here, maybe you should pay attention. We don't spoon feed around here, this is ProMuscle.

Maybe I'm a dipshit, never read enough threads. But anyway, figured I would share. I usually do my Gh shot, low dose, 2iu's or less in the morning after I wake up. Well I decided to started putting it closer to my training, one less thing to have to do in the morning after I wake up and go to work. So I realized while I was training my arms earlier, that I forgot to do my shot, so I went and did 2Iu's, (I train at home, no big deal). Then after relaxing for a little while after training, I had a post workout shake. Whey protein, raw honey, coconut palm sugar. Trying to keep things "healthy." So then about 45min to an hour later, I had to give my wife a ride to pick up her car from mechanic. Immediately after dropping her off, I started feeling all the symptoms of low blood sugar(I've done my share of insulin to know exactly what it's like). I was driving and started getting the cold sweats, shaky hands, everything , thinking to myself, wth? Then I realized, that Gh shot did this to me. :lightbulb:
So when I got home, I told the wife I was hypo. I told her what I had in my post workout shake, the raw honey and the coconut palm sugar. She said, "that won't effect your blood sugar." I'm thinking, "yeah, no shit!?" lol. So I downed some crackers and some dark chocolate. I'm fine now.
Just wanted to share this. If you are a morning fasted cardio guy and/or doing IF, keep this in mind. That Gh shot is gonna maybe lower your blood sugar and leave you NEEDING food.
Thank you for sharing this Brother! And I thought this just happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had this experience from GH before it was usually from not eating enough carbs 3-4 hours post pin. Got light headed and hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypoglycemia can be caused by many things. Insulin use without carb replacement. Kidney disease can cause hypoglycemia because insulin is cleared out by the kidney along with the liver. If kidney is not functioning then u have more insulin floating around eating up all the glucose. Medications can also slow the metabolism of insulin leaving it around much longer to eat up all the glucose.

Severe hypoglycemia causing coma and death can be caused by the above ie. Via exogenous insulin use.

Exogenous GH or Igf in theory can cause hypoglycemia but not to the extent of coma or deAth. In theory.

Minor hypoglycemia side effects like lethargy, headache etc can occur. Severe hypoglycemia, probably not.

Last edited:
Are most of you using generic GH? Has anyone gone hypo while only running Humatrope or Genos?

I ask because GH is supposed to raise blood sugar, which is why a lot of people tend to use it away from carbs... and it's also why it combines well with insulin, because the insulin has the opposite effect (lowers).

I'd be curious to see if this is an issue with generics and quality control.

Ouch, "had", past tense?

He is ok. I left the school district to teach somewhere else because the principal was an asshole. As far as I know he is healthy now. I did not keep in touch with him when I moved away.

GH use increases insulin levels. I suspect the op is getting lots of insulin release causing hypo. Going hypo often doesn't necessarily mean great insulin sensitivity either.

Are most of you using generic GH? Has anyone gone hypo while only running Humatrope or Genos?

I ask because GH is supposed to raise blood sugar, which is why a lot of people tend to use it away from carbs... and it's also why it combines well with insulin, because the insulin has the opposite effect (lowers).

I'd be curious to see if this is an issue with generics and quality control.

That's what I was thinking as well, because this really sounds like a ghrp pep. I get lethargic and hypo almost immediately after injection of higher doses depending on carb intake. I'm wondering if some of what people are getting as "GH" has actually been substituted with ghrp2.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131