over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GH increases Insulin sensitivity??

budbundy

Newbies
I am on GH for quite some time now (more than a year) ED at 6 IU per day.

Since about a month, I seem to get tired and sluggish always after I have a meal - about 10 minutes after.

Does this have to do with that "increased Insulin sensitivity" that an extended
use of GH is supposed to cause?

If so, how can I offset that - so that I am not so tired all the time and sluggish which makes it hard for me to work out!

thanks guys for sharing your knowledge! - BB

No

I am on GH for quite some time now (more than a year) ED at 6 IU per day.

Since about a month, I seem to get tired and sluggish always after I have a meal - about 10 minutes after.

Does this have to do with that "increased Insulin sensitivity" that an extended
use of GH is supposed to cause?

If so, how can I offset that - so that I am not so tired all the time and sluggish which makes it hard for me to work out!

thanks guys for sharing your knowledge! - BB

Decreased insulin sensitivity!............in my personal experiment. My blood sugar went up to 190 on 18 iu and stayed there for 8 hours....I know, I was just experimenting........years ago.

Decreased insulin sensitivity!............in my personal experiment. My blood sugar went up to 190 on 18 iu and stayed there for 8 hours....I know, I was just experimenting........years ago.

190!?-- you musta been pretty tired for 8 hours :D

use insulin 2-4 iu 20 min after your gh shot......

thank you first of all for your help fellas!

so to put this in other words (so that I can understand it) - due to the decreased Insulin sensitivity my blood sugar spikes up after eating but yet the glucose stays in the blood and isn't transported away into the muscle cells due to my Insulin not responding, not doing it's proper job!?

So to administer some Insulin - 2 to 4 IU after the meal should then help with getting the blood sugar down, thus making me not tired any more!?

Is it in fact the the high sugar in the blood that makes me tired?
How come it does that? What does this increased sugar level cause in my body/system that it makes me tired?

thank you very much! BB

eat more healthy fats, protein and fiber. when you do eat carbs, make sure they are low glycemic. this will help level out your blood sugar.

metformin, kr-ala and some supps like anabolic pump will help you absorb the carbs better

thank you first of all for your help fellas!

so to put this in other words (so that I can understand it) - due to the decreased Insulin sensitivity my blood sugar spikes up after eating but yet the glucose stays in the blood and isn't transported away into the muscle cells due to my Insulin not responding, not doing it's proper job!?

So to administer some Insulin - 2 to 4 IU after the meal should then help with getting the blood sugar down, thus making me not tired any more!?

Is it in fact the the high sugar in the blood that makes me tired?
How come it does that? What does this increased sugar level cause in my body/system that it makes me tired?

thank you very much! BB
When insulin sensitivity goes down insulin production goes up as a response. You can have poor insulin sensitivity yet have normal blood glucose. People with insulin resistance frequently go hypoglycemic too due to overproduction of insulin in response to a meal.

Adding insulin wouldn't really do anything to address the root problem, if you indeed have insulin resistance. The resistance doesn't go away by adding insulin obviously.

Do a glucose tolerance test maybe.

If I understand correctly

When insulin sensitivity goes down insulin production goes up as a response. You can have poor insulin sensitivity yet have normal blood glucose. People with insulin resistance frequently go hypoglycemic too due to overproduction of insulin in response to a meal.

Adding insulin wouldn't really do anything to address the root problem, if you indeed have insulin resistance. The resistance doesn't go away by adding insulin obviously.

Do a glucose tolerance test maybe.

Low insulin sensitivity stresses the pancreas by having to produce much more insulin to do the job.

If it's the decreased insulin sensitivity you're worried about, Metformin (glucophage) will rectify that BUT it seems you are more concerned with the tiredness associated with constant GH use. Without divulging too much into physiology, the root cause of tiredness due to HGH is primarily thyroid related. 25 mcgs of T3 will do the trick OR if you don't wanna worry with having to take T3, I would suggest splitting your dose in half and taking 3iu's in the am and 3iu's in the evening, assuming you take 6iu's daily!

STEEDA~

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear