YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GH study that was done on older people(some developed diabetes.

purplehaze

Newbies
Here is that study:

From the latest Journal Of the American Medical Association

Geriatric Growth Hormone Interventions Not Ready For Clinical Use

11/13/2002
By Elda Hauschildt

Growth hormone therapy, with and without sex steroids, increases lean body mass and decreases fat mass in healthy older men and women.

Researchers in the United States warn, however, that rate of adverse effects indicate the interventions are not ready for clinical use and should be reserved for controlled studies. These side effects include diabetes and glucose intolerance.

Growth hormones plus sex steroids also increase muscle strength marginally and maximum oxygen uptake in men. But, investigators from the US National Institutes of Health in Bethesda and Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, both in Maryland, say there was no significant change in strength or cardiovascular endurance in women. "The beneficial effects of growth hormone appeared to be augmented by co-administration of testosterone but not hormone replacement therapy (HRT)," they explain.

The researchers enrolled 57 women and 74 men, aged 65 to 88 years, in a 26-week, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Participants in the parallel-group study were healthy, ambulatory and lived in the community when recruited between June 1992 and July 1998.

A total of 35 participants received subcutaneous growth hormone three times a week plus sex steroids: HRT (transdermal estradiol plus oral medroxyprogesterone acetate) for women and testosterone enanthate for men. Another 30 participants received growth hormone plus placebo sex steroid, and 35 other participants were given sex steroid plus placebo growth hormone. The final group of 31 participants received placebo growth hormone and placebo sex steroids.

Lean body mass increased in women by 0.4 kilograms with placebo, 1.2 kg with HRT, 1 kg with growth hormone and 2.1 kg with both growth hormone and HRT. Fat mass decreased significantly in women in both the growth hormone and growth hormone plus HRT groups.

In men, lean body mass increased by 0.1 kg with placebo, 1.4 kg with testosterone, 3.1 kg with growth hormone and 4.3 kg with growth hormone plus testosterone. Like the women, fat mass also decreased significantly with growth hormone and growth hormone plus sex steroids.

The men's strength did not increase except for a marginally significant increase with growth hormone plus testosterone. Their maximum oxygen uptake increased with growth hormone and growth hormone plus testosterone.

Diabetes or glucose intolerance occurred in 18 men treated with growth hormone, compared with seven of those not receiving the hormone.
JAMA, 2002; 288: 2282-2292

SO HOW DO WE PREVENT THE DIABETES WHEN USING GH?

I AM INTERESTED.....

from my understanding, gh causes elevated blood sugar because it uses more stored fat for energy. so i dont know if the pancrease just doesnt produce insulin during this time ( type 1)or if it has to over produce insulin to clear glucose resulting in type 2, where the pancrease just sort of burns out. a shot of insulin would keep it from having to work so hard.in either case, it seems logical that using a short acting insulin during gh use would alleviate either problem. just my thoughts.

on a side note, i think a shot of slin with post workout drinks is samrt if u do it safe. 100 grams of sugar is alot of work for the ole pancreas.

Last edited:
i re-read this, they were only taking growth 3 times per week. does it tell the doses anywhere or why just 3 times a week?

big_byrd52 said:
from my understanding, gh causes elevated blood sugar because it uses more stored fat for energy. so i dont know if the pancrease just doesnt produce insulin during this time ( type 1)or if it has to over produce insulin to clear glucose resulting in type 2, where the pancrease just sort of burns out. a shot of insulin would keep it from having to work so hard.in either case, it seems logical that using a short acting insulin during gh use would alleviate either problem. just my thoughts.

on a side note, i think a shot of slin with post workout drinks is samrt if u do it safe. 100 grams of sugar is alot of work for the ole pancreas.
good read big byrd, lets bump this for more info

man this has got me pretty confused. im thinking GH makes your more insulin sensitive. does it actually make you produce more insulin? i wouldnt think so because you could almost go into a hypoglycemic state if you didnt eat for an extended period while on GH. i still think your body only produces/releases insulin when it detects in needs to.

maybe your right bigb, for some reason the body doesnt produce as much insulin because its using the stored fats..

ok, WHERE IN THE HELL IS SOMEONE THAT KNOWS!!! im lost.

im out like a boner in boxers,

GJ

this my help or not :D

Type II diabetes or "Insulin-resistant diabetes," takes years to develop. Early insulin resistance usually starts 10+ years before enough hyperglycemia is present to require treatment. HGH can accelerate the progression of insulin resistance, but only to a small extent, and only without adjunct testosterone therapy.

Testosterone plus HGH is actually protective and slows the development of insulin resistance. Diet (especially simple carbs), and exercise play a huge role in the evolution of insulin resistance. Obesity and smoking are other accelerators of insulin resistance.

If you developed diabetes after 4 years of a physiologic dosing of HGH (less than 3IU/day) you would have become diabetic without the HGH anyway. Everyone has the trend with aging to gradually increase insulin resistance. We are only able to control the rate at which this trend develops.

If you want to find out if you have significant insulin resistance, the test to get is a glucose tolerance test with insulin levels. The normal insulin response to a glucose challenge is a bimodal (2-peaked) curve. The first change of insulin resistance is the switch from a bimodal to a single response.

[Note: do not confuse insulin levels with glucose response levels. Dr. Hughes is saying that to test for insulin resistance, you have to take the glucose tolerance test and then test for *insulin* levels. This cannot be done with a glucometer. - Ellis]

I always recommend Monitoring for insulin resistance in anti-aging patients. HGH should be accompanied by testosterone replacement, diet low in simple carbs, and 30 minutes weekly aerobic exercise (as a minimum).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131