over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GIRD grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

STORM SHADOW

Banned
You're fast asleep, making love to a dream woman. It's the best feeling you've ever felt. It's so passionate and you're lust is almost animalistic! She looks you straight in the eyes and just at the height of your ecstasy her eyes turn demon red... her hand lights on fire... her mouth opens and she goes into an evil laugh like a mad banshee! Using her long spiked razor finger nails, she takes her hand of fire and thrusts it through your chest and sets your insides on fire from your stomach to your throat!

You wake up from your bad dream and realize, not all is a dream. Your stomach is on fire and acid reflux had been coming up your throat, sometimes you wake up choking on it as it made it into your lungs and takes your breath away.

This happens to me everytime I increase my food intake I believe, I don't know. The Dr has me taking Famotidine, I think it's worthless. It's 1 in the morning and I have to be up by 4:30 but can't sleep until it passes. I can feel the gas build up in the stomach. I took a famotidine and 3 antacids, I'll wait it out again.

I know this is common... what are you peeps doing to combat this? Tell me your story.

THE STORM

I only get that if I have a carb only meal. If I have protein in the meal, I never get it.

If it's just occassional bouts of GERD, a Pepcid a day will do the trick ... if you have chronic GERD like I do (hereditary), you can go the prescription route. I take one tiny Aciphex pill every morning. It's just about the strongest one out there, and gives true 24-hour relief. You can eat anything. That pill works!

Prevacid and Nexium are almost as strong. Even with Rx drug insurance, these can get a little pricey, tho ...

ok so the prescription Famotidine sucks... I'll go to Kaiser and ask for something with 24hr relief.. I want it to heal me too. Besides chronic GIRD I have an ulcer starting and I know where it is. If I lay on my right side when the GIRD is at it's worse, I can feel the pain in a certain spot, roll to my left side, it's gone.

THE STORM

Are you eating enough fiber? If your a little clogged, of course you get backed up. Something like a juice fast can help to clean out your digestive tract and make sure it's functioning properly. After the fast, make sure to keep your fiber intake high. And don't fall into that trap of thinking that you have to eat huge amounts of food to make gains. As long as you aren't in a caloric deficite, you can make gains. And the gains will be better quality than if you're just stuffing yourself all the time. Plus, it's much easier on the digestive system to eat less.

A 2-3 day juice fast, then a heaping tablespoon of Metamucil every night, lots of water and a low fat diet should fix the problem over time. Antacids can make things worse in the long run. Your body produces more acids to counteract the antacids, so you end up in a big cycle of more acid-more antacids.

Bro I used to have this problem a lot. It would destroy me some nights and I had to end up sleeping on the couch sitting up, couldn't lie down at all. After reading some posts on aiding digestion by MG and DC, I added Bromelain, Ginger Root, and Acidophilus into three of my big meals each day, along with Metamucil into my night time shake. I haven't had any problems at all since then. It has been a lifesaver for me.

Reflux

Reflux blows, I have had it for approx 10 years and it controlled my life until I made major changes to my diet.

It got to the point where I could not keep down solid food, food would get stuck in my esophagus, and basically felt like I was having a heart attack all the time from the built up pressure. I went from 220 to 175. Went to the Dr. got the upper GI and an endoscopy (sp) neither very fun. Dr put me on Prevacid but didn't help, changing diet made it better.

Foods to avoid:

1) anything spicy
2) anything mint
3) alcohol
4) caffeine
5) chocolate
6) tobacco

If you are going to eat or use any of the following try coating your stomach with milk or yogurt.

Sometimes reflux can be caused by the same bacteria which causes ulcers, if this is the case a Dr. can but you on a high dose of antibiotics to clear it up (which is the case for me) I was placed on the Prevpak(16 pills a day for 3 weeks), combo of antibiotics and prevacid, cleared up the majority of my issues, but the diet kept them from coming back.

Booze tends to cause flare ups for me.

Also, don't eat at least 2 hours before bedtime and sleep on a slight inclined angle.

Hope this helps, help me a ton, can finally eat real food!

STORM SHADOW said:
You're fast asleep, making love to a dream woman. It's the best feeling you've ever felt. It's so passionate and you're lust is almost animalistic! She looks you straight in the eyes and just at the height of your ecstasy her eyes turn demon red... her hand lights on fire... her mouth opens and she goes into an evil laugh like a mad banshee! Using her long spiked razor finger nails, she takes her hand of fire and thrusts it through your chest and sets your insides on fire from your stomach to your throat!

You wake up from your bad dream and realize, not all is a dream. Your stomach is on fire and acid reflux had been coming up your throat, sometimes you wake up choking on it as it made it into your lungs and takes your breath away.

This happens to me everytime I increase my food intake I believe, I don't know. The Dr has me taking Famotidine, I think it's worthless. It's 1 in the morning and I have to be up by 4:30 but can't sleep until it passes. I can feel the gas build up in the stomach. I took a famotidine and 3 antacids, I'll wait it out again.

I know this is common... what are you peeps doing to combat this? Tell me your story.

THE STORM

I have had the exact thing happen to me. Waking up choking and my throat burning with stomach acis. This only happens when I eat a cheat meal too later at night and generally from carbs or sugar. Sometimes tuna will do it. Use common sense and don't eat too late at night. Eating a few tums before you go to bed will also help. It will nutralize the acid in your esophagus if you do happen to burp in your sleep.

STORM SHADOW said:

THE STORM

Try doing it doggystyle.

Bannock

Ok I tried it doggy style and made it do push ups 'til it puked, that didn't work. *sigh* I think my peepee has GIRD.

yeah, when I eat a whole pizza before bed I'll choke on my acid. Understand, I work 12 hr shifts, get off at 6, work out, eat, sleep. ummm I should see my Dr about the ulcer, might need anti's...she's cute anyway so I'll find any reason to go lol

It is interesting that BigBoyJ brought up fiber 'cause on my own I decided to add the fiber to my diet yesterday and put it in my protein shakes. Ok now if you notice.. at least I do.. when I have my protein shakes my (I hate to sound gross but info is info and unless it's shared people suffer), my shit is like peanut butter and I have to shower to clean myself and I know alot is still in the colon errr canal and it tries to come out when I walk and sweat later causing me to go clean myself again (Ok I'm a clean freak). Then I feel the gas build up in the stomach. You can even visually see your stomach growing! So today in my protein shakes and from now on in my pancakes with CFM or Hydo 1400 added, I'll add the tastless fiber. I already noticed in my first bowel movement today from a protein shake and Fibersure, I feel clean and empty!!!!!!!!!!!! fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!.

As for my bad habits, I drink alot of coffee, chew tobacco, drink beer and wine. With your guy's suggestions I'll do what I have to and guess I'll start with my Kaiser Dr again.

Thanks my brothers!

As for my near future, I'm going to do the 4gm test cycle.... I have to know... I really have to know! I'll take suggestions even if you tell me to just cut my wrists now and get it over with lol I'm cool.

THE STORM

Same problem here...I had GIRD, they had me drink the chalky liquid and spun me on the table while xrayed. They said it was pretty bad (you could see the liquid going back up the esophagus. It also controled my life. I ate tums all day long. PRIOLEC has worked wonders for me, and is how OTC. Once in the AM, Im good to go. Even now if I forget (rare) its still no problem. Try a 14d supply.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member