over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Giving back

SmallTownIron

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
To many, the season of giving only occurs once a year known as the Christmas holidays. But why does it have to start there?

Over the past few years, I have been through life-threatening stages in my life and have met extraordinary people along the way. To this day, I still thank the people who gave me that "one" chance to make a difference.

But what have I learned from the past?
I have learned to not take anything for granted and never set yourself short of the best!

Today, I am a stronger person mentally, physcially and emotionally. And what comes with that? A big heart. Some people know me personally and know of my past and never expect the things to come out me that do.

My childhood was very rough and has left scars. It feels like it was yesterday watching my parents fight, mom getting beat, dishes/furnishure being thrown at one another and I was only 3 years old at the time.
I have never had too much of a support system except for my fiance, mother and grandfather. They all have taught me many aspect of life.

But it cut to the chase, I attended a corportate breakfast at the Boys & Girls club with my company. After hearing the kids speak and literally "breakdown" in front the crowd only brought memories back from my childhood.

Then ofcourse came the request for donations. Most of the time, I do enjoy jsut giving money out but this was not just one of those times.

After the event, I gathered the kids that spoke and the president of the club and spoke with them personally and alone. We sat and spoke with maybe 20-30 mintues sharing stories and experiences in life. Then I handed over a check to the club (way more than I should have). Did I mind? ABSOLUTELY NOT! (Maybe when I had to tap into the savings to get money for groceries later in the week though..lol

Just kidding. But this was something that truly means a lot to me and I am no more devoted to giving back to whom I can that deserves that "chance" like I was once given.

There are a lot of kids out there who have NO ONE to look up to, has no mentor or any sort of guidance. This is where I come in and dedicate myself to the club and the kids who need that support.

Wanted to share one of the favorite things I enjoy doing.

Do any of you give back in any other ways?

Priceless gifts

1. PEACE OF MIND.
2. FORGIVENESS.
3. JOY, EXUBERANCE
4. YOURSELF.
5. HOPE.
6. UNDERSTANDING.
7. FRIENDSHIP.
8. COMFORT.
9. A SMILE.
10. A CHANCE.

Giving back is great, rewarding........just FYI.....it is not limited to an
"event" or a check to the BnG club......its about saying hello FIRST to someone.....a smile....a pat on the back.......a compliment.....helping a stranger...a freind in need........it is a 24 hour job.....grown ups are kids also....kids in need of guideance.......broaden your perspective......money is great I suppose, but many more things trump it. I know you are young and bodybuilding consumes your life...............but its not healthy......but I think you are seeing this.

Giving back is great, rewarding........just FYI.....it is not limited to an
"event" or a check to the BnG club......its about saying hello FIRST to someone.....a smile....a pat on the back.......a compliment.....helping a stranger...a freind in need........it is a 24 hour job.....grown ups are kids also....kids in need of guideance.......broaden your perspective......money is great I suppose, but many more things trump it. I know you are young and bodybuilding consumes your life...............but its not healthy......but I think you are seeing this.

I agree with you Phil to a point.

"Bodybuilding", lifting and etc use to consume myself. However, there like I have stated manyt ime before, there is much much more to life than the gym and the the kitchen.

Not sure why you think it conumes my life.

I do not think there is a certain even or time of year when one should give back at all. This is something I do all year whether it is volunteering, charity events and even lending that helping hand.

Well

I agree with you Phil to a point.

"Bodybuilding", lifting and etc use to consume myself. However, there like I have stated manyt ime before, there is much much more to life than the gym and the the kitchen.

Not sure why you think it conumes my life.
I do not think there is a certain even or time of year when one should give back at all. This is something I do all year whether it is volunteering, charity events and even lending that helping hand.

Because every 2 months like clockwork you bring up what you are doing outside of bodybuilding and how it is not comsuming your life.........like now how you gave money.......hey it is great man, but you are missing what I am saying.

Because every 2 months like clockwork you bring up what you are doing outside of bodybuilding and how it is not comsuming your life.........like now how you gave money.......hey it is great man, but you are missing what I am saying.

maybe I am missing what your saying, not the first time.

smalltownIron, Phil is like your tough older brother...he's always going to be pushing you to think harder and in a different way than you are...even if you are on a good track!

Sounds like you are on a great track friend :)

GRATITUDE rather than FEAR

Many times I encounter the topic of giving back, as if it were some new way of life. An individual may have some sort of revelation or perhaps is awakend spirtually due to a traumatic event and all of a sudden there is a whole new outlook on life.

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was,
'thank you,' that would suffice." J. Eckhart, 13th century mystic

Living in a state of GRATITUDE rather than FEAR is a true way of life. The key is to learn how to focus on the contemplative within rather then perceiving artificial forms of truth by filtering everything according to exterior culture. "The Kingdom of God is within."

No one should live in a state of fear. No one should fear death, for when we fear death we fear to live. A soul that truly has God within fears nothing. Death is not death, but gratefully stepping back in to life. The world sells us doom and gloom and is inducing us to fear life. The world unkowingly induces us to maintain materiality and embodiment. We become creatures of pleasure, or at least survival; instead of companions to God.

Research into the behavior and psychology of gratitude proves what people of faith have known all along--that giving thanks brings a multitude of blessings back to you. Just by giving thanks you can have better health with less stress, better relationships, and be happier and more successful overall.

As children we're taught to always be polite: to say "yes, ma'am" and "thank you." As teenagers we found that a profusion of "thank you's" seemed to help keep us out of trouble with teachers, parents, and other ruling adults. Then later, as maturing adults entering society and the business world, we found that it was to our benefit to continue with the polite thank you's. It made people like us and we were more socially acceptable.

Unfortunately, there was rarely any real gratitude behind the thanks.
No matter what religious faith you were raised in, all taught that giving thanks is a virtue; it's an important tenet insyntherolall religions. Even so, saying thanks was still mostly just a rote response. It usually isn't until we begin to walk a more esoteric, spiritual path that saying thanks and expressing gratitude takes on a real meaning for us.

As we spiritually awaken, we come to realize that we can no longer give thanks unconsciously. Our hearts began to open and flower, and we find that we are deeply and truly grateful for many things.syntherol It's not only the beautiful (and sometimes overwhelming) emotion of gratitude that finally got our attention, but we also intellectually discovered that expressing gratitude can benefit us profoundly in many ways.

After several years of in-depth research, scientific studies have now proven the benefits of expressing gratitude, and some even feel it's the secret key that unlocks your full life's potential. These remarkable findings, published in "Thank You Power: Making the Science of Gratitude Work for You," By Deborah Norville, show that some of the physical and psychological benefits of gratitude are:

Physical--
• improved health
• stronger immune system
• fewer headaches and colds
• less stress
• better brain function
• tendency to exercise more
• longer life

Psychological--
• happier
• more successful
• more optimistic
• better relationships
• more well-liked by others
• more creative
• more resilient to life's challenges

There are many ways to express gratitude, but as a method of spiritual growth it's best to make it a conscious practice.

One simple way is to, each morning after waking up, think of several things you're grateful for about your life. Then each evening before going to sleep, think of 3-5 things you are grateful for that happened during your day. (Writing them down also helps.)

Consciously being grateful everyday for all the abundance in your life sets into motion the ancient law that basically says, "the more you're grateful for, the more you get." You benefit, the world benefits, and the Collective Consciousness benefits.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity