over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Giving Blood

wesmantooth

Registered
In order to keep hematocrit down, I often see people recommend to give blood. I have a tendency to pass out when giving blood, so I avoid it. I have had to get somewhat used to it due to having lab work done every three months for TRT.

Is the amount if blood taken during these labs enough to get the benefit and stay safe, or should I go on the side as well?

Take some aspirin it helps to thin the blood out.

Incidentally going in for your lab draws won't significantly lower your HH much. Try to listen to some music and drink some sort of glucose type of drink (grape juice, apple juice, ect, ect) prior to your phlebotomy. As well stay hydrated the day before including the day of your phlebotomy.

Last edited:
the amount that is taken for most lab tests would be inadequate to lower your hemocratic and iron levels significantly.

Some people are lucky and their hemo stays reasonable when on TRT – so they don’t really need to donate blood. You are getting regular blood tests so you will know if it’s a problem. I go out of range in about 2 months – so I have to donate or stop TRT (and I’m not stopping TRT - ever).

Nobody likes donating blood. We have all been there. You just have to suck it in and do it. You really do get used to it. I’m no longer bothered by the needle stick – I barely notice it anymore.

Here are the 10 basic rules for donating blood:
1) don’t watch them put the needle in,
2) see rule number 1,
3) don’t watch them put the needle in,
4) don’t watch them pull the needle out,
5) don’t look at any of the equipment – especially the needles (I have never seen a blood donation needle and have no plans to do so)
6) do not get up for several minutes after they are done – just lie back and relax,
7) have them bring you some juice and a snack – they will be happy to do this,
8) drink the juice and eat the snack,
9) when you think you are ready to get up, wait at least another minute and then get up,
10) keep your arm straight as possible to minimize bruising.

That's pretty much it - if you are like me, you will need to donate blood early and often. You will become desensitized soon enough - and then you will not worry about donating blood ever again.

p.s. - if your hemo is high I believe you really have two viable options to bring it back down 1) donate blood and 2) donate blood. I know there are things that could reduce your iron level (if you were not on TRT) - but think about it. Was your hemo high before going on TRT (... of course not). It's the testosterone doing this and you will not likely be able to counteract its effects with diet and other over the counter remedies.

Last edited:
I donated blood the other day and it came out so dark red and extremely slow. They had to have two people mess with my veins to get the blood to come out. They also had to use this tool to move it through the tubes. Anyone know why this might happen? I watched another guy next to me and is blood was flowing with no problems. Freaked me the fuck out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I donated blood the other day and it came out so dark red and extremely slow. They had to have two people mess with my veins to get the blood to come out. They also had to use this tool to move it through the tubes. Anyone know why this might happen? I watched another guy next to me and is blood was flowing with no problems. Freaked me the fuck out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Dehydration+High HH+large size of the excess (IgM) immunoglobulin M=Hyperviscosity Syndrome

I donated blood the other day and it came out so dark red and extremely slow ...

Not sure what was going on. They do use a tool to squeeze the tubes clean once the donation is complete. Never heard of this being done during donation.

When your hemo is up at the very end of the normal range, your blood is already really thick. If you let it get too high - they will refuse the donation because it's too thick and does not flow properly. If this is what happened then thank god they took the donation - because you really needed it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity