over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Giving you the info on whey-what to really look for

You know it is one thing to disagree, but to plug other people's proteins is going to far. She is a PAID sponsor. She believes in what she is doing. I got blood work through her and let me tell you, she is more thorough with blood work than any Doctor I ever been too. She also explains herself in easy terms and goes over EVERYTHING with the blood work. She is passionate about what she does, if anything, give her credit for that.

You guys finally get a Doctor on this board who REALLY cares about your health and all you guys been doing since she got here, is beat her down. Knowing more than someone and using tact with that goes a far way. That goes for anyone. Try using some respect and learn how to disagree and a good way.

One thing to add, I know a lot of you guys don't do regular blood work on this board. This is not directed to any on this thread. Top that off with non stop AAS use and I always say " Good luck with your futures" At that point, no protein will make a difference. I will go back to learning from everyone, even though I don't agree all the time. ;)

I was excited when she entered the conversations. Regardless of hype, I hope that her true skills may be utilized by PM members.

I was excited when she entered the conversations. Regardless of hype, I hope that her true skills may be utilized by PM members.

i was also......but was just a matter of time before
she tried pushing something....

and concentrate at that.....as littlesleezy said....NO THANKS.

i was also......but was just a matter of time before
she tried pushing something....

and concentrate at that.....as littlesleezy said....NO THANKS.

I Know you are being sarcastic half the time. I also know you know certain things other don't. Her business is health. Part of her business is supplements. So, she is recommending supplements, she isn't doing what a lot of known people here do all the time. How can a person pay for sponsor fees and just give out free advice? Anyways, I got blood work through her and she talk a while to me. I like some of the things she said. Some were really not new to me. I take things in stride and want to see how much someone knows. I take things a little from a lot of people. Anyways, I will let you know how things go. I am going to have bloodwork drawn again.

With all the aside, I am coming over to your house to eat. You eat like a champ. Please make lasagna and have a beer ready. :cool:

Dr. Kim don't let some of these guys fool you. they're just aching for attention

i've got nothing against sponsors and as far the who, what, when and where to get whey - i'm sticking to fat free small curd cottage cheese, fat free plain greek yogurt and i do enjoy a cheat meal of grits full of cheddar or mozzarella cheese (for the whey) with three eggs on a Thomas English Muffin.

i have no transformation contest to keep me from enjoying life as a weight lifting dude in his fifties eating what he wants when he wants with Mammoth Cave and Daniel Boone National Forrest to help walk it off. Kentucky has it all - if i died right now...

Attachments

• Cottage Cheese copy.jpg
    Cottage Cheese copy.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 321
Dr. Kim don't let some of these guys fool you. they're just aching for attention

i've got nothing against sponsors and as far the who, what, when and where to get whey - i'm sticking to fat free small curd cottage cheese, fat free plain greek yogurt and i do enjoy a cheat meal of grits full of cheddar or mozzarella cheese (for the whey) with three eggs on a Thomas English Muffin.

i have no transformation contest to keep me from enjoying life as a weight lifting dude in his fifties eating what he wants when he wants with Mammoth Cave and Daniel Boone National Forrest to help walk it off. Kentucky has it all - if i died right now...

Maybe you should write a song about it...

Am I just some freak, how is it that seemingly huge numbers of people have problems with just about every food or product imaginable,

Not just on this topic but everywhere, everyones a special snowflake with some list of any number of things that "bloats" them or fucks them up or they're intolerant to or on and on

are any of you guys capable of digesting anything!? fuck

Pay extra money for whey isolate... have you clicked on her link? You are paying more than double the price for an inferior product.

I have to add this sort of stuff may work on rich people who know nothing about bodybuilding and you can put them on $100's worth of supplements per month because they come in for a health boost or to look 10 years younger. But on here people know their stuff and if you try and fancy market an inferior product people see through it straightaway. The same can be said for all the nitrix oxide expanders, bcaa's and well everything in the list.

Just did that, not bashing her, but too expensive for my blood.

Am I just some freak, how is it that seemingly huge numbers of people have problems with just about every food or product imaginable,

Not just on this topic but everywhere, everyones a special snowflake with some list of any number of things that "bloats" them or fucks them up or they're intolerant to or on and on

Actually a very large portion of the population is lactose intolerant. Not sure why you're so upset because someone has issues digesting diary products. Maybe you should see if Dr Kim also offers mental health counseling if this bothers you that much.

Hardly the case... This thread is specifically speaking about whey proteins. Approx. 3/4th of the population has some degree of lactose intolerance/allergy. It makes sense if you think about it, considering we're consuming the breast milk of a completely different species, meant for their offspring only.

Weirds me out:eek::confused:

Last edited:
Her business is health. Part of her business is supplements. So, she is recommending supplements, she isn't doing what a lot of known people here do all the time. How can a person pay for sponsor fees and just give out free advice?
I have nothing against any poster, sponsor or otherwise. But I do subscribe to logic and transparency. If I'm going to purchase something to help me achieve my goals, I want the best. "What's the second best thing for_______?" No thank you.

I personally take cold-filtered whey isolate, cold-pressed coconut oil, n-acytlecystine and free form l-leucine. I'm not selling anything.

If you think concentrate is a better option, please don't let me dissuade you.

I have nothing against any poster, sponsor or otherwise. But I do subscribe to logic and transparency. If I'm going to purchase something to help me achieve my goals, I want the best. "What's the second best thing for_______?" No thank you.

I personally take cold-filtered whey isolate, cold-pressed coconut oil, n-acytlecystine and free form l-leucine. I'm not selling anything.

If you think concentrate is a better option, please don't let me dissuade you.

Most of you guys take massive amount of Steroids then go on rants about how you want the best protein not to upset your delicate stomachs. Think about that. You think that is being healthy? I personally take grass fed ISO. That is what works best for me. I just think some of you guys are not making sense. She advocates health, most guys here do not. I also bet at her age in her 50's, she is in better health then most of you. That is reality.

Most of you guys take massive amount of Steroids then go on rants about how you want the best protein not to upset your delicate stomachs. Think about that. You think that is being healthy? I personally take grass fed ISO. That is what works best for me. I just think some of you guys are not making sense. She advocates health, most guys here do not. I also bet at her age in her 50's, she is in better health then most of you. That is reality.

Very true but that doesn't take away the fact for most people it's an inferior product that costs more than double the price. It doesn't really matter if she is healthier than most people on here. The local fruit shop owner or dog groomer is likely more healthy than most on here. This forum is full of bodybuilders who weigh more than the average person so that alone is going to put them at bigger health risks.

I understand the whole you guys are injecting ug steroids yet worrying about your delicate stomachs. However if there are products better for us we are likely going to use them. Now if the Dr came on here and wrote she prefers whey concentrate and why she wouldn't have had the replies she has received. But she come on here basically stating the protein most of us are using is inferior. How we should use her product when the truth is her product is not as good for most compared to a good quality whey isolate like TN's or Synthetek's etc. Most on here including yourself have probably used tonnes of great concentrates with various health supplements added but there is a reason most of us prefer whey isolate.

Health is everything and we should all try and be as healthy as possible. But health and bodybuilding do not mix well. The very nature of getting big is only bad for ones health. I am sure if guys added her whey concentrate to their diets it would not suddenly make them healthier... far from it. I know you refer to health in a general sense but this thread is about picking protein powder. Now if someone wants to get blood work through the doctor to improve health that is a great idea. Although the main premise behind the bloodwork is to sell supplements at the end of it and I personally believe there are better options available elsewhere. But some guys don't mind paying extra and they are getting a great service so good for them and it should do them good in the long run. Maybe I could have worded my posts better but just stating how I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true but that doesn't take away the fact for most people it's an inferior product that costs more than double the price. It doesn't really matter if she is healthier than most people on here. The local fruit shop owner or dog groomer is likely more healthy than most on here. This forum is full of bodybuilders who weigh more than the average person so that alone is going to put them at bigger health risks.

I understand the whole you guys are injecting ug steroids yet worrying about your delicate stomachs. However if there are products better for us we are likely going to use them. Now if the Dr came on here and wrote she prefers whey concentrate and why she wouldn't have had the replies she has received. But she come on here basically stating the protein most of us are using is inferior. How we should use her product when the truth is her product is not as good for most compared to a good quality whey isolate like TN's or Synthetek's etc. Most on here including yourself have probably used tonnes of great concentrates with various health supplements added but there is a reason most of us prefer whey isolate.

Health is everything and we should all try and be as healthy as possible. But health and bodybuilding do not mix well. The very nature of getting big is only bad for ones health. I am sure if guys added her whey concentrate to their diets it would not suddenly make them healthier... far from it. I know you refer to health in a general sense but this thread is about picking protein powder. Now if someone wants to get blood work through the doctor to improve health that is a great idea. Although the main premise behind the bloodwork is to sell supplements at the end of it and I personally believe there are better options available elsewhere. But some guys don't mind paying extra and they are getting a great service so good for them and it should do them good in the long run. Maybe I could have worded my posts better but just stating how I feel.

Well, I don't disagree about your choice of Protein. I personally like taking grass fed ISO myself. Far as her supplements, the things that stood out to me was actually her idea of more fruits and vegies. I agree about BB too. I think most guys are very unhealthy. The main reason why I tell guys to watch their health is I like to see guys live a long life. BB trophies are really not worth much of anything when you get older. I care about people in general. I think she does too and that is why I stood up for her. Yea, we don't have to agree on all her choices, but I always take things I need and other things I disregard. This is how I learn.

I also know when she does labs on you, she is very thorough. She also takes time over the phone and go over every part of that blood work in detail. She does know about blood work. Now, if after that she recommends supplements it is probably due to paying sponsor fees here. She needs to make money somehow. She never told me to take her supplements as much as making suggestions. You might say, she has an over all program and that includes her supplement line. I do understand where you are coming from though.

Last edited:
As your post was directed at my response, please allow me to clarify. I've never touched a steroid or pro-hormone to date in my entire life. In fact, I registered on this site specifically to read accounts on this subject from the few I really respect in this field; Dante, Shelby, Meadows to name a few.

That's irrelevant to this discussion however. The statement was that whey concentrate was a better option than whey isolate. This article specifically states whey isolate is the "wrong" protein and concentrate is a "better, healthier" option. I disagree. I've provided you a better source of all the components which allegedly make concentrate superior.

Again, I'm not selling anything. It's your choice where you spend your money. I'm just suggesting you think about why you're taking a supplement and question if you're using the highest quality source.

As your post was directed at my response, please allow me to clarify. I've never touched a steroid or pro-hormone to date in my entire life. In fact, I registered on this site specifically to read accounts on this subject from the few I really respect in this field; Dante, Shelby, Meadows to name a few.

That's irrelevant to this discussion however. The statement was that whey concentrate was a better option than whey isolate. This article specifically states whey isolate is the "wrong" protein and concentrate is a "better, healthier" option. I disagree. I've provided you a better source of all the components which allegedly make concentrate superior.

Again, I'm not selling anything. It's your choice where you spend your money. I'm just suggesting you think about why you're taking a supplement and question if you're using the highest quality source.

Well, you are a rarity then. I train a vegetarian guy who had perfect genetics and was natural. Not to many of those around. Not really directed to you as much as guys in general. Just tired of guys taking 2 grams or more of gear go on and tell how great their Protein is. I see this all the time in my gym. Most of those guys do not even look good. If that is your picture, you look great, stay natural, best thing for you.

My thoughts on Protein in general is to eat it. I didn't even take a protein drink up to the 90's. I ate all my meals for the first 13 years of training. I also did not take much supplements. When I get real lean, I actually cut protein drinks out and eat the meals. Guess I rather feel my stomach full then drink it. I also do not eat over 1 gram of protein per pound most of the time. I am also not a low carb type of guy. I can grow and get lean like this, but then again I am not natural.

Yes, that's me. Thank you. I saw your physique competitor. He looks incredible. You really dialed him in perfectly for his last show. I think I had posted an image in that thread, commenting that we had some aesthetic similarities.

I understand your frustration. I too wonder if there's cognitive dissonance occurring with individuals who will take grams of underground anabolics and then worry about grain-fed beef or farm raised tilapia.

I also don't eat much protein powder. I would rather eat whole meat protein than drink it for satiety reasons. But I do take an intra drink containing Pepto-pro and a post training whey isolate beverage. I want the highest quality protein for those occasions. And any concentrate has always treated me poorly.

I know your intensions are good and you do a good job bro but...
lol
I thought this pro thread was gona be some normal bs... then I saw it was by the new dr... so I thought maybe different.. lol :rolleyes:

I have seen her post a few times and seen she doesn't get a lot of good attention.

I think a dr as such could be a HUGE asset to our community....
I looked through her site n was a lil confused n def not impressed.

if she has such knowledge and passion why not share???
I understand the sponsor n making money thing but I also dislike it when ppl come here just to make money...

i have been accused of pushing stuff too hard before but it is just me applying my knowledge and passion to the question or information at hand.

it would be great for her to become involved as ppl with book knowledge are supper important here... stewie is prob king of this area, but maybe if she really KNOWS herr stuff she can give him a lil run for his money... ?

lol

i wish her all the best but lets also remember who we are n where we are....
:love:

Moral of the story: She knows her bloodwork??? I guess.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear