over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glad I'm a coffee addict

That is pretty impressive. Says caffeine free is just as effective too.

16.6% reduction in crp is pretty good as well! Love my coffee

I'm a coffeeholic.... question is, how much is too much??....

Great read! I love my coffee! Nothing better than a warm cup of coffee to get my day started!

I smash cold brew all week.

Coffee is the richest source of anti-oxidants in the American diet.

Coffee consumption and plasma biomarkers of metabolic and inflammatory pathways in US health professionals

Dong Hang, Ane Sørlie Kværner, Wenjie Ma, Yang Hu, Fred K Tabung, Hongmei Nan, Zhibin Hu, Hongbing Shen, Lorelei A Mucci, Andrew T Chan ... Show more
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 109, Issue 3, March 2019, Pages 635–647, **broken link removed**

Published: 05 March 2019 Article history
Cite
Permissions Icon Permissions

ABSTRACT
Background
Coffee consumption has been linked to lower risk of various health outcomes. However, the biological pathways mediating the associations remain poorly understood.
Objectives
The aim of this study was to assess the association between coffee consumption and concentrations of plasma biomarkers in key metabolic and inflammatory pathways underlying common chronic diseases.
Methods
We investigated the associations of total, caffeinated, and decaffeinated coffee consumption with 14 plasma biomarkers, including C-peptide, insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), IGF binding protein (IGFBP) 1, IGFBP-3, estrone, total and free estradiol, total and free testosterone, sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), total adiponectin, high-molecular-weight (HMW) adiponectin, leptin, C-reactive protein (CRP), interleukin 6 (IL-6), and soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor 2 (sTNFR-2). Data were derived from 2 cohorts of 15,551 women (Nurses’ Health Study) and 7397 men (Health Professionals Follow-Up Study), who provided detailed dietary data before blood draw and were free of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or cancer at the time of blood draw. Multivariable linear regression was used to calculate the percentage difference of biomarker concentrations comparing coffee drinkers with nondrinkers, after adjusting for a variety of demographic, clinical, and lifestyle factors.
Results
Compared with nondrinkers, participants who drank ≥4 cups of total coffee/d had lower concentrations of C-peptide (−8.7%), IGFBP-3 (−2.2%), estrone (−6.4%), total estradiol (−5.7%), free estradiol (−8.1%), leptin (−6.4%), CRP (−16.6%), IL-6 (−8.1%), and sTNFR-2 (−5.8%) and higher concentrations of SHBG (5.0%), total testosterone (7.3% in women and 5.3% in men), total adiponectin (9.3%), and HMW adiponectin (17.2%). The results were largely similar for caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee.
Conclusion
Our data indicate that coffee consumption is associated with favorable profiles of numerous biomarkers in key metabolic and inflammatory pathways.

This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT03419455.

Favourable inflammatory markers as well.

Women appear with more testosterone than men. :D

coffee-testosterone-estradiol.gif

Wow! Been using a french press to make my coffee lately and freaking wow it makes THE BEST tasting coffee! I'm addicted!!

Love my morning coffee and tired of all the bashing how bad coffee is for health.
Finally some good news. Didn't matter anyway. Will never stop my morning treat.

Love my morning coffee and tired of all the bashing how bad coffee is for health.
Finally some good news. Didn't matter anyway. Will never stop my morning treat.

I haven't seen much or any coffee bashing really. Some think caffeine drains your nervous system or whatever but coffee consumption has been known to be associated with several potential health benefits.

Too much caffeine does make me feel crappy and I can easily ingest too much just through regular coffee but I know it's not "dangerous" per se.

I picked up a Dash cold brew coffee maker a week ago - makes cold brew in 5 to 15 minutes. I highly recommend it, makes great coffee and is easy to use.

Pot A Day, Keeps the Dr. Away....
Should Kill Corona as well..???

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear